Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Heaven

Creator: Dotter October 13, 2011 9:51am
47 posts - page 1 of 5
1 2 3 4 5
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 9:51am | Report
Sorry about posting all these questions, but I'm bored at work xD
+ I'm really curious about other people and their values, opinions and beliefs.

So.. Do you believe in a Heaven?
- If yes, what kind of Heaven?
- If no, how would your ideal Heaven be?

Personally I'm not religious, and I don't believe in Heaven, but I do like the idea of a temporary afterlife in a Heaven, where you live to fulfil the goal you might haven't fulfilled during your time on Earth. And after you've reached your goal, you enter a state of ever-resting peace. (perhaps kind of like Nirvana)
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 9:55am | Report
no i don't believe.

my ideal heaven? there wouldn't be one. paradise itself is a concept that would get boring extremely quickly. when i die, thats it. and thats how i'd want it to be.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 9:59am | Report
I "believe" in an afterlife. Not because of religion(I don't believe), but because an afterlife would be ****ing awesome.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 9:59am | Report
Nope, I think there's probably nothing after death.

Hard to imagine the concept of nothingness though.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 10:06am | Report
I'm a thinker and a dreamer.

So, I believe in the power of belief.

I think belief and reality are synonymous, and whatever you believe- truly believe not just 'Think' will happen, will happen.

You believe you're going to a heaven, then you will. Reversely, a hell? Then you will.

Nothingness? That's what you'll find.

Me? I'm probably gonna go a round or two more on earth, not sure how I plan to pull this off yet >:P And if that gets boring enough I'll figure out some sort of adventure to undertake after the fact >:)
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 11:16am | Report
Yes, I do believe in Heaven.

I don't believe that it will be like the stereotypes, nor do I believe that it will be something stagnant and unchanging. Something like Earth itself, with most of what makes living here enjoyable and without what makes it disproportionately unpleasant.

To put it another way, it'll be like LoL without blatant hypocrisy or total ***hats. Trolling would happen less because you'd either feel like it was unreasonable or that they don't deserve trolling. Competition would still exist, but it would be for competition's sake, not to piss down someone else's throat.

Extrapolate that example into the rest of the world, and you'll pretty much get what my idea of Heaven is. I'm the kind of guy who believes there are two sides to every coin, but too many coins are coming up tails.
iBradlee
<Member>
iBradlee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 12:27pm | Report
I'm a very logical person. The idea of some magical place that we all go to after we die just seems kinda ridiculous to me. In my opinion, most religion seems that way as well.

People NEED answers. To everything. We all wanna know "why?", or "what if?". Personally, I think religion is just something people made up as an easy way to answer them. Yes, I've read some of the Bible, just out of curiosity. And even in the first page, it seems kinda ridiculous, and seems to be dumbed-down answers for everything we want to know. The same goes for my opinion of Heaven. People want to believe that there's more to this life, even after we die.

As for me, I'm one of those "I need to see it to believe it" kinda guys. If something magical happened to me, personally, I very well could begin to believe in these things.
ShadowNet
<Editor>
ShadowNet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 12:30pm | Report
Man cave.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 1:26pm | Report
Don't really know.

An eternity is a very long time...
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 1:42am | Report
I'm agnostic - For those less knowledgeable, that means I don't accept or reject anything if I, or someone I can have faith in, cannot confirm the existence because not being able to confirm it means there's currently no right answer to its validity.

Heaven - Does it exist?

No one knows for sure - So what does it matter? Neither side has the right answer, and neither accepting or rejecting the theory will affect my life significantly or differently, so there's no reason to choose a side.

I can't know the right answer, so there's no point dwelling on it.

In short:

To accept or reject a theory, you need to care about your answer - Are you correct?
If there is no way to know if you're correct, then your answer is not something you need to care about, so there's no need to accept or reject it.

Focus on more important questions like:

If you and your lover were to end up a son and a daughter someday, and there is an incident that demands you pick one of the two to save, and leave the other to die - How will you decide which to choose?

edit: NO. "Ask God" is not the right answer.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide