Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Heaven

Creator: Dotter October 13, 2011 9:51am
47 posts - page 3 of 5
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 2:45pm | Report
Generally when there's no evidence that something exists, it makes sense to assume that it doesn't.

Except in the case of religion where apparantly people stop giving a ****.

ohgodthisisgoingtoturnintoareligionargument
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 2:52pm | Report
I dunno.

I think it's just a easy to assume things might be out of the real of human understanding as it is to say nah, we got it all figured out, this is where it ends.

Sorta arrogant to think we really know if there's an afterlife or not when nobody has come back from the grave to share the story (Sometimes people "die" and come out of it hours later or a day later, those people generally seem to agree something happens when you're dead though.)
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 2:52pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

ohgodthisisgoingtoturnintoareligionargument

Rofl.

Most likely.
davidcarl
<Member>
davidcarl's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 7:47pm | Report
I really don't know what everyones ideal heaven but I know the Ideal heaven of this guy ↓↓↓ .

Its this.

What's red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet at the same time? Rainbow
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 7:48pm | Report
^ #winning
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 10:12pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Generally when there's no evidence that something exists, it makes sense to assume that it doesn't.

Modern physics is an exception to that. "Hey, this all happens. We think. We're pretty sure, but we don't know. It exists, and it doesn't. Kinda. Maybe. Well, it exists wherever we define it, but since we can define it as anything we want, it only exists where we want it to. Sometimes."

Schrodinger, Heisenberg, and the rest of those pricks can burn in whatever afterlife they've found themselves in, since they've gone through the trouble of making my life a living hell.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 11:05pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Proof?
Luther3000 wrote:

Proof it can?
There's no proof for or against it - I win

The beauty of agnostics - You possess the strength of both sides of the argument and get to piss off or refute both sides at your leisure.

And in the event that either side wins - You're allowed to side with them because that's how the doctirne works.

We don't need to fight for either side - Yet at the end of the day, we enjoy all the spoils of war because we're mature enough to accept that humans can't know the answer until real evidence (for or against it) presents itself.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 5:29am | Report
Shuddup Jun.

@Beeswarm I'm pretty sure from when I read up on it that there is actually some kind of proof for quantum wave theory and quantum entanglement. Can't be arsed to look it up though. :P
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 10:05am | Report
^ Oh, there's some kind of proof. It's fairly reasonable. But when you look up Shroedinger and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle, all "proofs" are "theories".

An electron in an atom could be in relatively close proximity, and by definition, it is. It could also be on Jupiter. Everything in modern physics comes down to probability.

As an added bonus, several formulas revolve around a defined axis. This axis is defined by the one solving the equation. for example, an equation shows that an electron can be anywhere in an area around the nucleus, but it is impossible for it to rest on the Z axis. But as previously stated, the axis is defined by whoever is performing the mathematics. Therefore, the electron can be anywhere, except where someone decides that it can't be.

I'm sure if you go further into it, more things are clear, but my physics professors left me with the impression that they didn't know much more than me about these subjects.

EDIT: OH, don't forget string theory. XD
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 11:24am | Report
Actually Jun, that was the point that I was trying to make, is that the human doesn't know what comes next because the human has never been there.

Hope you're comfy in sharing your victory with DuffTime.

And yes Beeswarm, you're pretty accurate in the assumption that they don't KNOW more than you. They've studied for years and years about all the possibilities, but when it really comes down to it, they don't KNOW any more than the next man.

I heard rumors that Einstein's theories may be "proven wrong" soon, as a matter of fact. Which doesn't surprise me in the slightest when you consider the methods they used to "Prove" those theories right.

Lul.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide