Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Interesting View on Religion (The Oatmeal)

Creator: jhoijhoi November 12, 2012 6:31pm
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2012 3:21am | Report
Xeronn wrote:
You can think what you want, I don't want to be part of this thread anymore. So don't keep pestering me.

It's fun to see you running away with your tail between your legs from a yes or no question. hahaha.. You can't claim you'd waste too much time with an answer now, it's one word. Or could it be that you're doubting your religion?
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2012 3:53am | Report
I already told you Canoas, I don't want to be involved in this thread anymore, I'm sick of the arguments. OK, understand that at least.
^^ Check out my Gangplank Guide! ^^
+Rep is OP! Special Forces Gangplank!!
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2012 4:00am | Report
Relevant.

Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2012 4:15am | Report
What a mature discussion we have here! Every comment I see has multiple logical fallacies.

If you wanna debate about something how about changing from the "if you're smart you'd know this" tone into the "Some sources say this and this" tone?

^ Ad hominem.

Also please stop treating your own experiences as the absolute truth.

If you know christian groups who believe in something that doesn't mean all the christians in the world believe in that thing.

^ Generalizations.

I'm a christian myself and the church near me is filled with the best people I'd ever met in my life. Does that mean I'm ignorant and stupid? No. It means I chose to believe in something I felt was right and correct.

This whole debate is immature and informal so stop treating it like a "real debate".
People are entitled to have their own opinions. Stop condemning others who have opinions you don't agree with.

Might as well lock this thread. Some people obviously cannot maturely discuss controversial issues that have are labeled as controversial because people cannot reach an accurate consensus.
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2012 4:31am | Report
Embracing wrote:

What a mature discussion we have here! Every comment I see has multiple logical fallacies.

If you wanna debate about something how about changing from the "if you're smart you'd know this" tone into the "Some sources say this and this" tone?

^ Ad hominem.

Also please stop treating your own experiences as the absolute truth.

If you know christian groups who believe in something that doesn't mean all the christians in the world believe in that thing.

^ Generalizations.

I'm a christian myself and the church near me is filled with the best people I'd ever met in my life. Does that mean I'm ignorant and stupid? No. It means I chose to believe in something I felt was right and correct.

This whole debate is immature and informal so stop treating it like a "real debate".
People are entitled to have their own opinions. Stop condemning others who have opinions you don't agree with.

Might as well lock this thread. Some people obviously cannot maturely discuss controversial issues that have are labeled as controversial because people cannot reach an accurate consensus.

+Rep
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2012 5:02am | Report
Xeronn wrote:
I already told you Canoas, I don't want to be involved in this thread anymore, I'm sick of the arguments. OK, understand that at least.
I do understand, you don't want to doubt your religion so you say you're sick of the arguments. Keep living in your delusion all you want, I don't mind or care, but don't join discussions about it in the first place. No one's forced to post here, yet after me you're the one who has posted the most in this topic. I guess you're just trying to up your post count, but as long you're posting in this topic I can ask you all the questions I want about religion, even if all you do is run away from simple yes or no questions.

Embracing wrote:

^ Ad hominem.
Please provide examples or at least who committed the fallacies. If it was me then I apologise, but I'm pretty sure my insults were conclusions, not premises, therefore ad hominem is not applicable.

Embracing wrote:

^ Generalizations.
All Christians in the world believe in the bible. My argument was about the falseness of the bible as that is the only thing all Christians have in common. With that said, my generalisations were not fallacies since they were not premises. They can be false, I'm not defending their veracity, but they can't be fallacies.

There is a concrete answer, you just have no desire to find it because you're happy in the current delusion you live in. It's not possible to "deconvert" you as you're going to ignore any arguments against your God. The only possible way for you to find your own answer is if you honestly tried converting an atheist. When you do you'll have to find solid logical arguments for Christianity and that's the moment you'll realise what is true or not. If you do find solid arguments that no one can refute then Christianity is the true religion, but you won't.

I know people who tried doing that and turned atheists and I know people who just said "I know there's no evidence for God, but I still have faith".
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2012 5:20am | Report
Canoas wrote:

I do understand, you don't want to doubt your religion so you say you're sick of the arguments. Keep living in your delusion all you want, I don't mind or care, but don't join discussions about it in the first place. No one's forced to post here, yet after me you're the one who has posted the most in this topic. I guess you're just trying to up your post count, but as long you're posting in this topic I can ask you all the questions I want about religion, even if all you do is run away from simple yes or no questions.

Have fun living in your delusion too.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2012 6:02am | Report
Toshabi wrote:
One word: Apologetics.
That's still not going to help him very much.. Maybe if 3 centuries ago, but now it's rather useless as you can't fight evidence.

Xeronn wrote:
Have fun living in your delusion too.
Ohhh what a witty reply! I see you're keeping up with the meaningless posts in order to "farm" post count.
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2012 6:08am | Report
*Sigh*

I'm not apologising to Canoas if he's going to be a deliberate *** to me.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide