Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

[Joxuu's Project, Open Thread] - Creating RPG Game

Creator: Joxuu June 1, 2014 7:55pm
1 2 3 4 5
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2014 7:55pm | Report

|

|

Yo. It's me with small kind of project if you could say. I have had this idea of a game for a while now.
Got hyped about RPG Maker which is basically a software used to create RPG games without
putting too much effort in code lines. As it looks, I just ended up buying it lol.

I was first just thinking of putting some sort of diary online as it helps me lot too
to know on what to concentrate but open thread is indeed better as I got told.

The basic idea is to create RPG game which looks more or less like this
Spoiler: Click to view

Imagine one of those pokemon/final fantasy systems and you're not too far from what I'm trying to do here.
Not sure how long or short it's going to be but I'll be putting effort in details so it's not going to be a short project atleast.

|

|

At the moment I'm just learning the system and making graphics and such. Sharing screenshots and updates as things proceed. Help is highly appreciated as well as suggestions! I lack imagination in same areas so I'll be posting here if I come up with anything :3 Dunno if anyone is interested besides me keeping a track of what to do but help is welcome!

This is where I'm starting (basically where you spawn):
Spoiler: Click to view

Trying to come up with the game's name and storyline so I can make a proper title and starting game screen. Suggestions are more than welcome! Storyline is harder to come up with. Trying to create a base from where I cancontinue as I come up with additions.

Talked with someone about this already and it's pretty much like writing a book. Figuring out a name for the game would be the first thing as it could give ideas for the storyline too. It's hard to come up with a name and especially for someone not 100% sure what the game is going to be about but just shoot :)

Atm I have just named it as "Lost memories of / Tales of" to help giving a idea or two. So far nothing but I'm really tired atm for looking all the basics and such so maybe I'll come up with something later unless someone else comes up with awesome name.

This could turn out as a complete failure but one never knows without trying first. Got too much free time anyways on my summer job so I'm creating this on my free time there and back at home of course. I can replace classes I should attend to next year if this ends up as a decent game so It's only win-win situation. Making this out of my own will tho. Wouldn't be creating this if I wouldn't like it :p

-> Interested in knowing if anyone else making similiar thing.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2014 8:23pm | Report
Oh hey!

I think I have a copy of this exact program somewhere; one of my teachers gave it to me a few years back. Unfortunately, I can't help because I suck at this kind of stuff :( Good luck though
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2014 8:27pm | Report
Good to see someone else working on a project. I don't have too much experience with most things in the program, but if you need help with eventing in the future I could definitely help you.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2014 8:28pm | Report
I can't really help out that much since I'm not all that good with the program, but I'd love to stay updated on your progress.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2014 9:43pm | Report
My story/writing sucks pretty bad, but I know pretty much how to do everything in the program, so you can hit me up if you ever need any help.

I've got probably 3-400 hours into RPG Maker over it's various iterations.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2014 10:07pm | Report
I'm good at backstories and stuff...'cause I play a lot of table-top rpgs...

I don't know a thing about the program, but if you wanna bounce story ideas off me feel free.
Nera
<Member>
Nera's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2014 2:15am | Report
Hehe used to do stuff with the program quite a while back... but never enough to actually get good with the coding and the program itself. Though idea bouncing with everyone is definately doable:D

Nera
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2014 2:25am | Report
Hey, I've got an idea. How about making an RPG that doesn't rely on chance in the least?
Not a single element of chance. Think you're up for the challenge?

I'll be trying that myself later, if I manage to get into RPG maker.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2014 5:07am | Report
Soo a bit like that board game "Diplomacy"?

Basically MOBAFire.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2014 6:20am | Report
Coming up with a storyline is much harder than it looks :/

@Searz: I think at least some kind of randomness is needed.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide