Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Joxuu's Project, Open Thread] - Creating RPG Game

Creator: Joxuu June 1, 2014 7:55pm
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2014 9:23am | Report
Toshabi wrote:

Can you add in a naked dancing body building in your game named "Toshabi" and have him be recruitable? Thanks.

I can do that! My only worry is that Toshabi will be the least silly character in my game. You're competing against the starting character, Supreme Leader Sayaka (working name, I'm open to suggestions), the schoolgirl dictator, and the first recruitable character, a ginger with a third eye who is a psychic hacker.

Also, for clarification, are we talking about a naked-dancing body builder or a naked, dancing body builder? Is he supposed to be both naked and dancing, or is naked a kind of dance?
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2014 9:34am | Report

The original premise seemed more interesting to me; had a more unique angle and setting. Also that setup would lead to a more interesting protagonist imo (antiheroes are way more fun).

Huh? The first one was as bog-standard as bog-standard gets. This one isn't exactly innovating much either, but I like it more.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2014 9:47am | Report
The first one is the basic idea and base but I'm searching for ideas to make it unique. If I don't come up with anything, I'll just go with the basic idea. The second story was edited from the first one.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2014 10:31am | Report
Searz wrote:

Huh? The first one was as bog-standard as bog-standard gets. This one isn't exactly innovating much either, but I like it more.

I think a wanderer seeking vengeance makes for an overall more interesting and versatile plot than someone part of a resistance movement.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2014 1:26pm | Report

I think a wanderer seeking vengeance makes for an overall more interesting and versatile plot than someone part of a resistance movement.

Both are better than "find the four somethings to restore peace" like a lot of games do.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2014 3:26pm | Report
So basically the player has to think about which of the two forces killed his family, which of the who has the right to rule, and which of the two would bring peace? Or is one of the groups the Good Guys and the other the Bad Guys?
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2014 4:02pm | Report
^ Sticking with the story 1 still atm. That's just option I decided to post. The game would proceed something like: Searching for clues and deciding wether to agree on forcefully fight against nobles and join the underground organization or stay out of it and figure something else.

Like plot twists would complete the story.

Most likely going to be the basic story number uno. Starting working on the actual game next week and I'm away for the following 3 days soon. Small changes planned and awesome visuals (hopefully) so it's not going to be plain dull.

Especially working on the reason of hospitality towards the certain clan/tribe.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2014 7:10pm | Report
Joxuu wrote:

I had thought of something like this. Edited it to have it as a whole.
That's still just really basic plot. Trying to edit it in a better way.

@Tosh: I don't think I want to search for "Naked body animation" in google.

You don't even have to search it. I'll personally animate it for you.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2014 1:07pm | Report
Customizing login screen atm

Trying to come up with a logo of some kind. (Credits come before the login screen where I would display it among with few necessary mentions)

Spawn is half-done. Creating a cutscene after "New Game" has been pressed. That will explain the story and reason why main character is at the spawn. I went with Story 1 with modifications. Will next time make a update after the cutscene is ready.

Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2014 11:14am | Report
Things are currently stuck at the cutscene/introduction. I expected Camtasia to be good enough but it's bugged or something. Keeps crashing and I can't save my progress so I'm currently trying to find other video editing program. Thought about After Effects but I need to download other shizzle and it's only trial after all.

Any ideas for video editing program where you can animate text/pictures into movie ?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide