Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

KONY 2012

Creator: XDotaIsBetterX March 7, 2012 1:37pm
110 posts - page 5 of 11
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2012 10:48am | Report
B-Wong wrote:

<3

Yougan
<Member>
Yougan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2012 11:18am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

TBH I see some silly things being said here.

Raising awareness certainly does something. It does a lot. If you think otherwise, you're not thinking hard enough yet.

Killing people like Kony does something. It does a lot. Etc.

I'm not going to comment on that which I don't understand/know, but I can tell you that bringing household names to worldly punishment/justice does make a difference in the eyes of humanity.

It proves that there is consequence for action. It sets up positive momentum against these barbaric institutions.

I could go on, but it would just be a ramble at that point. The point is, yes this is the internet and all, srs business, yada yada, but let's not throw our brains out the window when making arguments. There are certainly positive results that have come out of this already.

Aaaaand +rep.

Thanks to jhoijhoi, Brynolf, Jeffy40hands, Samoh, MissMaw, Vavena, Koksei and The-Nameless-Bard for my signs
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2012 12:11pm | Report
I support this and i FU happy that ppl finaly start to notice **** like this. Maybe Facebook has some use other then teenagers falming eachother.
But I fear that the main idea may get lost. That ppl forgot what this is about and just follow becaus everyone does it. Ppl just want to be cool by doing this. Sad but true.
Raising awareness is the way to go if you want to stop this. But ppl need to use the pink thing in their head, too. Just today i heard from three diffrent ppl why not send a big army and find him by froce.... don't be one of those guys if you support this. This is to save childirn and get Kony, not to steam roll everything that could be in contact with him and kill the childes you want to save as they will shoot at you...they must shoot at you...
So everyone how rly want to support this make you think. Posting poster on the 20 won't be the big thing. To talk with everyone about it, to make them think about it is what the main goal is. Go to you co-workers and talk with them about it, go to your boss and tell him you FU want that you show support. Talk with your teacher about it. Make things happen. Take the idea of making things happen and spread it and not just press the like button and forget it. You do that everyday. Do a bit more today.
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2012 12:21pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

TBH I see some silly things being said here.

Raising awareness certainly does something. It does a lot. If you think otherwise, you're not thinking hard enough yet.

Killing people like Kony does something. It does a lot. Etc.

I'm not going to comment on that which I don't understand/know, but I can tell you that bringing household names to worldly punishment/justice does make a difference in the eyes of humanity.

It proves that there is consequence for action. It sets up positive momentum against these barbaric institutions.

I could go on, but it would just be a ramble at that point. The point is, yes this is the internet and all, srs business, yada yada, but let's not throw our brains out the window when making arguments. There are certainly positive results that have come out of this already.

Bryun wrote:

The main idea of the IC campaign was to get the word out, raise awareness, you didn't have to spend a dime if you didn't want too. I disagree that "raising awareness doesn't do something", that's just an opinion. Raising awareness is what starts it off and actually caught the attention of Obama, it was said this campaign also was to show that the public, care about the cause so the troops wouldn't be pulled from Uganda.

Someone who understands, instead of posting useless photos because they have nothing else to say.
<3

EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2012 12:43pm | Report
I don't think anyone here would be like: "hey, we don't need to kill a child abductor that then uses said children as sex slaves/army pets". Really it's just whether you want to support the capture of Kony, or KONY 2012. I have also not done enough research on the subject, and I'm not ready to jump on the bandwagon just yet (reading the thread now...).

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Vavena
<Member>
Vavena's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2012 12:50pm | Report

Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2012 12:57pm | Report
Vavena wrote:

Did you read the thread?...
That has already been pointed out by Jebus, and I've already addressed them.
=.=

Just read this - http://www.invisiblechildren.com.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/critiques.html

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2012 1:46pm | Report
^Could I get a TL;DR?

Way to long to read through.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2012 2:31pm | Report
These are basically the pro and anti "KONY" arguments I've been talking about from the beginning :P

And I'm not sure where I stand on this particular organization but I'll be the first to say I'd never heard about Kony prior to this, so I think that good has undeniably come of it.

I'd always felt concern for those in Africa and frequently would go online and research what I could, but there wasn't anything tangible. I still feel poorly informed to be honest.
Phoenix0000ff
<Member>
Phoenix0000ff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2012 3:17pm | Report
Seems legit

Thing about resistance leaders, dictators, and crime lords is that they have a network of people to back them up. Maybe something like this can help our societies grow so that conditions in which these types of things happen become less frequent.

So I think I read about something saying EF HIM kill kill kill and what not and that is just as much as a reaction as laughter, joking, cynicism, etc etc. However it is my belief that the real villain is a way of thinking that can justify excessive violence. This organization uses race and religion to justify it's actions.

I think that's just important to say. Ya know

The leaders of this establishment are not Jason Vorhees. They are just doing what their people desire.
Self proclaimed worlds best Jungle Twitch player
You can find my one and only guide here.
I love you.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide