Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

KONY 2012

Creator: XDotaIsBetterX March 7, 2012 1:37pm
110 posts - page 8 of 11
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2012 1:32pm | Report
@DuffTime
It's funny you call me ignorant. If you don't support Kony 2012 then you must be really ******ed to be defending it in this topic. And if it is not wise to comment why have been commenting on it during the whole thread?
"It is not wise to drink!" *grabs bottle* *bottoms up*

No, it does not make a difference. You're just too stupid to think for yourself or too ignorant to know what's happening over there.

I did understand what you said, you're still wrong.

Yeah, so you waste over 8 million dollars that could have been used to save tens of thousands of people on a guy who isn't that much of a threat any more. GJ.

You are everything that's wrong with this society. You are more focused on making sure evil people will eventually get caught and sent to prison instead of trying to stop the evil itself. Catching him will do nothing if tens of thousands of of people will keep dying every day. Who he killed won't be brought back to life, they're already dead. Maybe it's best if the money is used to STOP people from ding instead of used to catch those who have previously killed.
Hunger will kill more people in one day than Kony has killed in a life time. Heck, even the pope has killed more people than him by going to Africa and telling them it's better to die of aids than to use condoms, or not to use condoms so you can have kids you can't feed.
Only someone REALLY stupid would support a cause that did nothing but give 5 million to some random guys and try to divert attention from the real problems. What you are doing is HARMFUL, not helpful.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2012 2:18pm | Report
Again, I applaud you on your incredibly poor reading comprehension.

I said I don't comment about KONY2012, because I don't know enough about KONY2012.

I DO comment about Kony, the mass murdering terrorist. You failed to understand this last time I said it, so I'm going to say it again. Commenting on Kony the individual and commenting on KONY2012 are not the same thing.

Your insulting remarks are amusing though. I have no idea why you're so angry and worked up about this all. You're tossing out comments and insults at people who never even said your name. We weren't insulting your mother, we're talking about Kony. Get over yourself.

I'm everything that's wrong with society? Nice, I like that, you're saying that I embody every single wrong that has ever occurred in society. LOL you're a brand new breed of dumb.

Did I EVER ONCE say that it would not be more beneficial to donate money towards those who are hungry?

NO!

So get the **** out of here with your self righteous slander kid! I think it would be great if starving people had money donated to them so they could afford to eat. It makes me cringe to think that a starving kid would ever go hungry and die from it.

However, I also think it would be great if Kony was captured and brought to justice.

See how I'm not a ****ty person for wanting Kony to be brought to justice?

You're just the same irrational kid you always have been. You insult me, attack me on a personal level, and you don't even take the time to understand what I'm saying.

You don't take the time to ask me any questions or even attempt to understand my viewpoint. Your only goal is to prove me wrong, whatever I'm saying. "Duff, what do you think about world hunger. Isn't that more important?"

Nope, none of that, you come right in with the insults and the aggression. You're an *******, you always have been, and you want to act like you're taking the high road. You aren't taking any high road. You're just insulting people who are discussing something that benefits humanity, and your only argument is that the Kony organization is fraudulent, and that there are other ways you could benefit humanity.

I can't be bothered trying to explain to you how stopping a murdering rapist who starts wars and terrorizes people is important. I also can't be bothered to explain to you that while Kony2012 may not be perfect, hell, let's assume it's a ****ty money hungry coporation! It has undeniably shed light on something that many people previously had never considered. Many of those people have donated to MANY organizations, NOT ONLY KONY2012, and many of them would never have donated to ANY cause.

It -is- important to stop mass murder and terrorism. It -is- worth it to stop world hunger.

How can you even begin to dream that a counter point to Kony2012 is world hunger? That makes no sense!
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2012 4:46pm | Report

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2012 5:03pm | Report
How did this get so personal?

I'm guessing the post I wrote was overlooked?

IC uses 80% of the money to further their tri-fold mission. They do not keep 5 million to themselves. 32% was used for DIRECT cause, such as building schools over there so the children could have an education.

And again, he's been inactive in UGANDA for 6 years. He moved regions and is still doing what he has been, just not in Uganda.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2012 5:15pm | Report
It got personal when Canoas attacked me on a personal level, after having assumed I support KONY2012, even though I clearly made sure to note that was not the case.

He simply misunderstood everything I wrote and insulted me for what he assumed I had said all the while.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2012 5:33pm | Report
@Dufftime
No, you are commenting on kony2012. If you weren't then you wouldn't be posting on a topic called "KONY 2012". Whether you like it or not that is what we're talking about, if you want to go talk about something else then open your own topic.

I'm not angry, I'm just amazed by your stupidity. You're the first person I've encounter who believes money is infinite. It is not. Money is either used for good causes or bad causes or divide it between both good and bad. However, you cannot duplicate the money and use it for both. I repeat YOU CAN'T HAVE BOTH. Either you choose the good causes like helping the hungry or you choose the bad causes and help give these guys money. Any cent you give them could be better used. It is being wasted.

I do understand what you're saying, what I can't understand is how you convince yourself that those who thing you are stupid are just misunderstanding you. No. I understand what you said and still think you are stupid. I doubt I'm the only one.

@Bryun
It gets personal the moment you open a discussion on such a topic. Some things are worth getting personal over, and supporting a movement that tries to "steal" and misuse money that people believe is for a noble cause is one of them. Kony 2012 is harmful, more harmful than Kony is. Just see how many children unicef could save with 8 million and how many they saved with the same 8 million. The difference is the amount of people that organization killed by not using their funds properly.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2012 6:29pm | Report
Again with illogical ramble and senseless insults. You don't even have a basic understanding of logical thought process.

I did not say money is infinite, I said both causes are worth sinking money into.

Your ability to properly process information is astoundingly low.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2012 9:01pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Again with illogical ramble and senseless insults. You don't even have a basic understanding of logical thought process.

I did not say money is infinite, I said both causes are worth sinking money into.

Your ability to properly process information is astoundingly low.

This post is hilarious.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2012 10:13pm | Report
Why, because it would require infinite money to facilitate sinking money into multiple funds worth sinking into?

Please, say yes.

And then if that's the case, you're insinuating that my own ability to process logic is low. Compelling argument, really.

And perhaps you found it amusing that I am remarking on his logical thought process and ability to process information, and then also comment that he is insulting me.

*Nod* yeap, you got me, I'm a true blue hypocrite.

*Face desk*

No reason to argue with those who can't see the shades of grey and can only see the black and white. Very likely taking my leave of this thread at this point.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2012 10:46pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Why, because it would require infinite money to facilitate sinking money into multiple funds worth sinking into?

Please, say yes.

And then if that's the case, you're insinuating that my own ability to process logic is low. Compelling argument, really.

And perhaps you found it amusing that I am remarking on his logical thought process and ability to process information, and then also comment that he is insulting me.

*Nod* yeap, you got me, I'm a true blue hypocrite.

*Face desk*

No reason to argue with those who can't see the shades of grey and can only see the black and white. Very likely taking my leave of this thread at this point.

How do you extrapolate all these different meanings from a simple post?

Seriously, take a chill pill bro.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide