Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 128 of 334
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2013 11:28pm | Report

What's shingeki no kyojin like? is it worth a watch or should I read the manga first.

Read the manga first if you can. The anime is still airing and suffers from pacing issues here and there.
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2013 11:43pm | Report
I finished watching The Tatami Galaxy.

It's safe to say that it's an anime similar to a certain extent to the Monogatari Series, but without the ecchi or fanservice. I still find the Monogatari Series better though.

The Tatami Galaxy was good. Definitely above decent. Great? I don't know, but I'm sure that it's quite good.

The art was quite original. Not your casual anime art. It was definitely unconventional, and more importantly quite decent. I liked it.

The comedy was solid enough, even though It wasn't the main aspect of the anime.

The romance was there, you could feel it. But it wasn't developed and polished as much as I hoped it'd be.

It has an actual ending! You get to know who the main characters ends up with and what happened to him and the other side characters after the main events!

The plot was very interesting, and the way the story is told is quite awesome. It has a lot of interesting monologues and conversations that doesn't bore you at all. Can't say much more, I don't wanna spoil it for you.

It is a very "psychological" anime even if it doesn't seem at first glance. It's a "clever" anime If I may say so.

TL;DR: It's definitely good. It has that Monogatari Series's touch along with unique art and plot. I heavily suggest you watch this. It's also very "grown up".

I will be watching Kamisama no Memochou next. They say the novel is awesome. I hope the anime doesn't stray away from it a lot.
IShouldGetALife
<Member>
IShouldGetALife's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2013 12:31am | Report
@ Yaya thanks I'm gonna start reading the manga later today.
If I have helped in anyway at all a +rep will be appreciated lots
Thanks to LaCorpse, Hogopogo and JhoiJhoi for the amazing sigs
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2013 2:03am | Report
I get this very strange feeling that Jennifer could like Mawaru penguindrum. I have absolutely NO idea why LOLOLOL
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2013 2:21am | Report
YayaFTW wrote:

Read the manga first if you can. The anime is still airing and suffers from pacing issues here and there.

Among many other problems. The Shingeki manga is far superior.

I watched them in japanese, no dubs or anything. Subtitles. Ok.

I couldn't help but feel like every single line of dialogue was delivered with an unnecessary amount of angst. Like even for small, none serious things, characters were practically yelling, and I get that maybe that's just how people convey emotion in Japanese, but it's annoying to me, and I have seen American dubbed animes do the same thing in English. Basically I find it obnoxious.

Yes, oh god yes. I totally agree to that one. There's too much weird dramatization in anime in general.
Shingeki is a series that suffers heavily from that. The amount of screaming really annoyed me at times.

This is not a problem with the manga at all, so if you're interested in reading a very intelligent fantasy story then you should give it a try.
It's in my top 2 manga ever and I've read like 200 different manga by now.
Quoted:
Attack on Titan immediately bored with it's very premise (Walled cities defending from basically giants) and the characters were even more boring. Also the animation (3-D stuff mixed in with 2-D) annoyed me immensely.

The animation didn't bother me except for the moments where they used stills and the moments where they used really stupid effects. Like the scene in the first episode where they're screaming for the hand (you know). There's like speed lines during the screaming, indicating that there's really fast movement, but the scene doesn't move at all..

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2013 2:53am | Report
Yea I noticed that too. And was it just me or did it seem like at certain points the characters had... bolded outlines? I don't know if thatw as intended, or it was added to make it more dramatic, but it looked really ****ing weird. (Specifically remember this happening near the end when the Titans entered the city)
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2013 6:50am | Report

Yea I noticed that too. And was it just me or did it seem like at certain points the characters had... bolded outlines? I don't know if thatw as intended, or it was added to make it more dramatic, but it looked really ****ing weird. (Specifically remember this happening near the end when the Titans entered the city)

That is deliberate. The art style of Shingeki no Kyojin is relatively unique in that respect. It's not intended to be dramatic or anything, it's just a choice in stylization. Having watched a lot of anime, I can say that a lot of them end up looking very similar after a while, so a change in art direction like Shingeki no Kyojin's is somewhat refreshing.

Also the animation (3-D stuff mixed in with 2-D) annoyed me immensely.

This is something a lot of anime suffer from, especially lower budget anime. The reason, simply, is that it's hard to manually animate a lot of things moving on screen at the same time, so shots with more moving objects sometimes get done using cheaper CGI techniques. Anime in particular uses a lot of tricks like these to lower production costs, as it's pretty necessary to keep costs and time down when you're putting out an episode every week. If studios do their 3D animation well, it's hard to notice, but once you see it it's downright immersion-breaking.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2013 7:12am | Report
I'm starting to think that's why I just can't get into anime. It has no real feeling for me. I feel like every single one tries to hard to get me to feel what the characters are feeling (The aforementioned unnecessary angst) but there's no effort put into the production of the animation that a full scale live action show would have.

I have no reference point to understand or feel anything for these characters because nothing feels real and everything feels forced.

I respect all of you for liking anime, but this really isn't turning out to be my cup of tea. ><
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2013 7:53am | Report
Monogatari gets 3d so right though, don't you agree baka?

Quoted:
I respect all of you for liking anime, but this really isn't turning out to be my cup of tea.

You aren't watching a gateway anime like you should.

You should be watching either Death Note or FMA: Brotherhood
You can also try out Samurai Champloo or Cowboy Bebop for less plot and more badass action and characters.

Torrents:
Death Note
FMA: Brotherhood
Cowboy Bebop 720p 1080p
Samurai Champloo
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2013 7:54am | Report
Depending on what you watch.
For me I never watched Clannad and ppl tell me to watch it to the very end and I will cry. Any1 who does not cry is not human, apparently.

Maybe you should not watch animes that try to convey their characters feeling as hard as some do. And you just watch some for the awesome story (Death Note, Monster, Darker Than Black, Requiem for a Phantom). All the oldschool classics with (jaw dropping) storylines?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide