Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 233 of 334
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2014 11:19am | Report
I recently read a bit of GUNNM and GUNNM - The Last Order. (AKA Battle Angel Alita cuz **** translating titles properly)
GUNNM is your average shounen. Nothing special about it really.
Futuristic setting, a heroine with amnesia and mysterious fighting techniques that she uncovers as she goes on.
About as average as it gets. It is pretty old tho, it started in 1990, so it might have been better at that time.
I gave up on it after a volume.

Its follow-up GUNNM - The Last Order is far more interesting. I've only read a few chapters so far, but there are a few interesting concepts introduced and while parts of it are cringe worthy it still manages to keep my interest.
I wouldn't recommend reading any of them so far though.
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2014 6:03am | Report
I just read through 7 chapters(1.5 volumes) of Akame ga KILL!.
It's a shounen/harem manga with elements of death/sad stuff thrown in for good measure. They sadly treat the heavier topics pretty poorly though, and the fights are mindless and flashy, similar to how Fairy Tail likes it.
It felt like they never gave the story and characters enough time to develop. Subtlety is definitely not the strength of this manga.. The whole story progressed in a very hamfisted way, shoved into your face. There are plenty of examples of breaking the rule of "show, don't tell".
Art was pretty nice though.
I would not recommend giving this one a read.
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2014 9:57am | Report
Finished HenNeko. Pretty nice. Again, the art was incredible. I definitely recommend it for romcom amateurs. It's not great but it's definitely better than your typical romcoms.

I put Mikakunin de Shinkoukei on hold because I feel like it's something I'd like and I want to watch it when I want to watch anime and not when I'm trying to sleep lol.

I tried starting a 100+ Anime, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, felt like the kind of morning shows I watched when I was 10, like Pokemon and Digimon, didn't like :/

Now I started watching Sekai Sei***u, looks fun. I'll see what it gives.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2014 10:12am | Report
Watched Hamatora. In a nutshell:
General spoilers(the butler did it)
I would recommend watching it if you're into the specific genre, otherwise I don't think it's too good.

There are a lot of people claiming this series is episodic in the way that all episodes have nothing to do with each-other, I think that's simply not true.

There is a cliffhanger at the end of the series, so if you can't stand that you might want to wait for season 2 which is supposed to air this summer. Personally I think it's a good cliffhanger though.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2014 1:02pm | Report
Just read through two volumes of Sidonia no Kishi. This is surprisingly good O.o
There's also an anime adaptation airing right now! It goes by the name of Knights of Sidonia, I believe. I don't know if it's as good as the manga, but it'd be cool if you guys took a look at it :)

I didn't expect much coming into this seeing as Yuki recommended it to me (and he likes a special kind of awful), but I'm happy I started reading it.
It has a very unique narrative experience. There's no exposition-dump. At all. None. And the story makes constant time-jumps, never lingering on one scene for long. There are a lot of subtleties, something a lot of other manga seem afraid of doing in case somebody would miss it. It never breaks the "show, don't tell" rule either.
This is in stark contrast to the other series Yuki introduced me to: Akame ga KILL!. That made loads of storytelling mistakes, which Sidonia no Kishi seemingly makes none of.
The art is also very unique. Having this stylized art with clean bold lines (similar to the SNK anime, but more clean).
So far it's been great, I really enjoyed it. I thoroughly recommend giving it a look.
YayaFTW wrote:

I tried starting a 100+ Anime, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, felt like the kind of morning shows I watched when I was 10, like Pokemon and Digimon, didn't like :/

Yeah, I've read way more of that than I should have. People kept insisting that it was good, but it was boring as all ****. No clever humor to be seen and pointless plot seemingly taking up all the space normally occupied by clever humor in a good manga.
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2014 1:20pm | Report
Done watching Spice and Wolf. It was so good.
One of the best main characters and charasterics I've seen.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2014 4:45am | Report
Searz wrote:

I just read through 7 chapters(1.5 volumes) of Akame ga KILL!.
It's a shounen/harem manga with elements of death/sad stuff thrown in for good measure. They sadly treat the heavier topics pretty poorly though, and the fights are mindless and flashy, similar to how Fairy Tail likes it.
It felt like they never gave the story and characters enough time to develop. Subtlety is definitely not the strength of this manga.. The whole story progressed in a very hamfisted way, shoved into your face. There are plenty of examples of breaking the rule of "show, don't tell".
Art was pretty nice though.
I would not recommend giving this one a read.

Yep, deathflags everywhere, the actual idea of 'who is bad? how to stop war? stop war with war?' etc was kinda thrown into the back :/

@hitman reborn, idd it is a rather oldfashioned anime that is not too heavy to watch and can be enjoyed if you just watch it for the shounen part. When it was released, I think, it was pretty hyped tho.

@Spice and Wolf, yep great characters, awesome OST and great animation :)

Today the 17th chapter of All You Need is Kill was released. Obviously, the ending was different from the Hollywoodstyled 'Edge of Tomrrow' - and I have to admit, I liked it.
Darealone
<Member>
Darealone's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2014 6:43pm | Report
Just read SNK/AOT chapter 58.

Spoiler: Click to view
I main...the entire top lane.
I miss: Tank Rengar top, AD Nidalee, Mash Keyboard Ryze...the OPs
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2014 1:11pm | Report
Finished Sekai Sei***u. Not bad, could've been better. It started strong but in the end it tried too hard :/ It became like a kid show :/

Not recommending it but it's not all that bad, deserves a watch if you're dedicated to anime in general.

I also finished Kyoukai no Kanata.

The first 5 episodes were incredible. The fight scenes and the art were top quality. Funny, genuine jokes and interesting characters.

Then it slowly went downhill. I mean it's only 12 episodes for 2 arcs, why the hell add filler episodes? and the fact that the ending turned out to be "Fairy Tail" style was a disappointement. It was a forced happy ending...why bring back the dead to life and not even bother explaining how..

It could've been way better, such a waste :/

Anyway, I'm gonna be watching Hanasaku Iroha next, I think it'll be my 200th watched anime :P I wanted it to be a must-watch but I guess I've watched all S-tier anime so far :/
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2014 2:10pm | Report
Hanasaku Iroha... please, dont kill yourself, I will be waiting on the site of survivors here.

And, Since this is mostly discussion and we don'T really get news in (instead we ask each other what to watch all the time) Ima post this for the next season:

Big Picture inside!

My watches:
Sword Art Online 2 - I am a SOA hater, and I mainly watch this to laugh at the ****** story - yes.
Psycho Pass 2 - watched first one, was fine. Characters head major flaws which made them more human, a plus. (1 OtakuHypeAnime)
Persona 4 - Liked game, will watch anime purely cus of the game
Akame Ga Kill! - Tho I fully agree to Searz, I still liked it, watching! (2 OtakuHypeAnime)
Zankyou no Terror - An original. Sounds interesting
Glasslip - Sounds like a light hearted story with a bit of romance, backup anime in case I get bored
Franscesca - Wat? well lets watch.
Monogatari Series: 2nd Season 2ndArc - Yes, yes, yes. Fanboying hard (3 OtakuHypeAnime)
Tokyo Ghoul - **** YES **** YES (4 OtakuHypeAnime)

S0 4 strong animes for this season, maybe any sleepers?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide