Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 235 of 334
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2014 6:46am | Report
omega good job (wheee)
I love that series.

lifebaka wrote:
It didn't get better in episode 2. I don't even remember if I watched episode 3. Fanservice-heavy anime tend to have this problem where they're bad.
Sadly, looks like you're right. I do like the idea of the series so I guess I'll give Hataraku Maou-sama! a try next.

Searz wrote:
Huuh?

I meant I would stop advertising it each time. :D

Searz wrote:
Also, gotten far into SNK? I'm always up for some theory discussion if you wanna :)

No, I'm just starting off. Once I catch up a little I'd like to.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2014 7:35am | Report

I finished the third chapter of Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari. I hope it doesn't go the total cliché route and ends up like a harem. If it isn't already... It's a bit too much of everything for me with this series. But I guess it's good if you're into it. I think the faces are drawn really well and that it's funny sometimes.

Yeah... I was already annoyed by all that 'almost getting together but then chickening out' - like srsly, he already chased after her into a different world, now he doesn't even have enough balls to tell her that he likes her, even after a ****ing wedding ceremony?`

Japan, plis?

@Searz, yeah I will do a comparison when I start reading the manga, but that will be most likely after I finished the anime :x

EDIT, dun rlly wanna make a double post:
I need some help with understanding the madoka movie (maybe because I fell asleep on the anime a bit xD):
wat?

HALP <_<
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2014 3:07pm | Report
xIchi wrote:
Yeah... I was already annoyed by all that 'almost getting together but then chickening out' - like srsly, he already chased after her into a different world, now he doesn't even have enough balls to tell her that he likes her, even after a ****ing wedding ceremony?`
Yeah. Not to mention mr Sage being just a mr Sage, and the protag being just your average protag and the fact that he needs to collect all those rings really did it. But I still read it so I guess they're doing a good job.

What am I watching. OreImo OVA 1, yes. What am I feeling? What am I thinking? NO. BLOODY. IDEA. I need to see a doctor. I need to stop thinking in stereotypes. I need to break free from society's indoctrination. I need to see a doctor. I need to see the next episode. Needless to say, I went with the latter.
I'm going to take back all this tomorrow (serious spoilers)

I'm around chapter 3 now with SnK. Weird to find out the whole training camp from the series wasn't part of the manga. It made some character definitions that would carry on for the rest of the series.

I guess I'm not the first one to say dr. Yaeger's face looks like the giant titan's? Oh well, still much reading to do.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2014 3:46pm | Report
Yoooo, you guys should totally give Tokyo Ravens a watch :D
It's not the most amazing thing out there but I found it really, really entertaining :3
And the music is exactly my cup of tea <3
Would definitely recommend it to fans of the To Aru: series ~
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2014 9:55pm | Report

Sadly, looks like you're right. I do like the idea of the series so I guess I'll give Hataraku Maou-sama! a try next.

Go for it. Hatarau Maou-sama! was a lot of fun. It's a comedy rather than a slice-of-life, so the focus is very different. Also helps that it's actually good rather than just being fanservice-bait.

XeresAce wrote:

Yoooo, you guys should totally give Tokyo Ravens a watch :D
It's not the most amazing thing out there but I found it really, really entertaining :3
And the music is exactly my cup of tea <3
Would definitely recommend it to fans of the To Aru: series ~

Tokyo Ravens wasn't that good. I ended up dropping it a handful of episodes in when I realized that I just didn't give a **** about it. The writing is mediocre, the plot is bland, the art is bad, the action is unimpressive, the characters are uninspired, and the pacing left a lot to be desired. About the best thing I can say about it is that it isn't horribly sexist. Compared to other anime.

If you like Toaru Kagaku no Railgun this is not terribly like it nor is it likely to be worth your time. If you like Toaru Majutsu no Index... Maybe you'll like Tokyo Ravens? I kinda' dislike both series for similar reasons.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Final Hour
<Member>
Final Hour's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2014 2:53am | Report
I usually watch new animes that are being currently aired in Japan; such as Brynhildr in the Darkness, Mekaku City Actors and M3 THe Dark Metal.

Im mostly into watching dark and drama animes. The other genre is kinda..meh for me.
Quoted:
I think Chaox is good, the community has a good idea of how good Chaox is... I just hope most people realize I'm better

Doublelift
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2014 3:00am | Report
lifebaka wrote:

Tokyo Ravens wasn't that good. I ended up dropping it a handful of episodes in when I realized that I just didn't give a **** about it. The writing is mediocre, the plot is bland, the art is bad, the action is unimpressive, the characters are uninspired, and the pacing left a lot to be desired. About the best thing I can say about it is that it isn't horribly sexist. Compared to other anime.

If you like Toaru Kagaku no Railgun this is not terribly like it nor is it likely to be worth your time. If you like Toaru Majutsu no Index... Maybe you'll like Tokyo Ravens? I kinda' dislike both series for similar reasons.

The series picks up dramatically in its second half, just saying. (battles get much more interesting, a plethora of characters develop)
You can't judge a series based only on the first episodes I'm afraid (Unless I misunderstood this "I ended up dropping it a handful of episodes in when I realized that I just didn't give a **** about it.").

It's no masterpiece, nothing close to it... It's cliche as **** but just so enjoyable to watch it's hard to say anything bad about it when you've had the time of your life watching it xD
This seems to be how the general audience feels towards the show, so I'm not randomly pulling things out of my *** :P

What I can't see is how the art was bad though, I personally really liked it :o
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2014 5:00am | Report
I read the Tokyo Ravens manga, dropped it when it just became boring as hell lol
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2014 5:37am | Report

I'm around chapter 3 now with SnK. Weird to find out the whole training camp from the series wasn't part of the manga. It made some character definitions that would carry on for the rest of the series.

It is, it's just at an entirely different point in the story.
They do a few time-jumps in the manga. The pacing in general is significantly better in the manga.
Quoted:
I guess I'm not the first one to say dr. Yaeger's face looks like the giant titan's? Oh well, still much reading to do.

Oh, ho, ho.. You have no idea :D ~~~~~~~~
lifebaka wrote:

About the best thing I can say about it is that it isn't horribly sexist.

Wow, that's a shining endorsement if I ever saw one ^^
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2014 10:25am | Report
New chapter of Onepunch-Man!
Saitama jumps from the moon!
It's the best :D
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide