Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 234 of 334
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2014 2:37pm | Report
I'd keep an eye on Akame ga Kill, Zankyou no Terror, Aldnoah Zero, and of course Hanamonogatari.

Psycho Pass is just a remake so it won't be that interesting :/
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2014 10:25pm | Report
Not a bad assessment of Sekai Seifku, but I really enjoyed it's absurdity. Very udo. Many anime. Wow.

YayaFTW wrote:

Anyway, I'm gonna be watching Hanasaku Iroha next, I think it'll be my 200th watched anime :P I wanted it to be a must-watch but I guess I've watched all S-tier anime so far :/

I'm with Ichi here. Skip that one if you're looking for something good. I dropped it halfway through because it was just kinda' boring. Nothing really happens, and for some reason I wasn't okay with that. If you're less worried about watching something good it wont' matter as much, though.

For next season, http://anichart.net/summer also lists a few things that aren't on the image Ichi posted. Such as a second season of Free! (MOAR MAN-CHEST ANIMU). It also lists which of the series are shorts instead of full half-hour episodes, which I find incredibly useful. I ****ing HATE five minute anime, you don't have enough time to do anything.

For some reason it doesn't list Francesca, but MAL's brief description of it doesn't exactly fill me with hope about its quality. It's going to be marketing fluff. I'll still give it an episode, 'cuz it might be hilarious marketing fluff.

Also, what's up with Sabagebu!? I mean, we had a very similar anime back in 2013, so is this going to become more of a thing?
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2014 5:18am | Report
Hey Free2 was in my char!
But yeah I think I posted a kinda outdated one, just thought to add some more spice to this thread :p!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2014 10:58am | Report
Ooh, nice lists! My plan on first sight:

Hanamonogatari. period.
Hamatora season 2
SAO II (because I did like it)

And I'll probably try some stuff like
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal (Team, we need sailor uniforms. Any plot on that?)
Akame ga Kill!
The psychological and supernatural series look interesting

and some terrible stuff like Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance. Because we've all never seen such an original plot before :D

The slice-of-lives and school comedy stuff don't look that interesting to me though.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2014 4:03pm | Report
YayaFTW wrote:

I'd keep an eye on Akame ga Kill

Oh god no, don't. It's bad.

Also, for your 200th anime: this is a shot in the dark, but try out Sidonia No Kishi. I've read the manga and it was really good. I have no idea if it will translate well into anime, but it's definitely worth a shot.

And I'll probably try some stuff like
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal (Team, we need sailor uniforms. Any plot on that?)
Akame ga Kill!

Noooo, plz stop, noooo.
xIchi wrote:

Hanasaku Iroha... please, dont kill yourself, I will be waiting on the site of survivors here.

I watched it a while back. It's okay. But it's certainly nothing I'd recommend.
Quoted:
Akame Ga Kill! - Tho I fully agree to Searz, I still liked it, watching! (2 OtakuHypeAnime)

You agree that it's terrible but still enjoy it? You're just watching it for the laughs then?
Quoted:
Tokyo Ghoul - **** YES **** YES (4 OtakuHypeAnime)

Eh, I don't see the reason to be excited. I'm 10chapters into it and it doesn't seem like anything special.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2014 3:51am | Report
Akame Ga Kill is terrible instead, but it still has entertainment value, same as SAO, which I also hate but still watched cause of entertainment value.

Tokyo Ghoul, i just enjoyed it because it isn't romcom/harem/ecchi **** like alot of stuff lately, so I'm rather happy :

Knights of Sidonia is pretty good, especially the last episode makes me want to read the manga xD
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2014 3:56pm | Report
Ok, I do take back what I said about Sailor Moon. Didn't realize it had a few seasons of 40 episodes already....

Some things I've been up to:
Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shima****a is defying the laws of physics and it's bloody annoying. It's like fan-service with some plot around it. That sums up my impression after episode 1. I'll give it a few to prove itself but if it continues like this, it'll be one of the very few anime I drop after watching an episode.

I finished the third chapter of Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari. I hope it doesn't go the total cliché route and ends up like a harem. If it isn't already... It's a bit too much of everything for me with this series. But I guess it's good if you're into it. I think the faces are drawn really well and that it's funny sometimes.

I also started watching some OreImo again. Season two is pretty good until now, probably because my paranoia has shrunk a little.

I've also started reading a bit of SnK and I caught up with Koe no Katachi(I'll stop if you all read it) again. Both good obviously.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
extradelicious
<Lucky Charm>
extradelicious's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2014 8:52pm | Report
omega good job (wheee)
Proud Coach of MHS League of Legends Teams.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2014 10:02pm | Report

Some things I've been up to:
Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shima****a is defying the laws of physics and it's bloody annoying. It's like fan-service with some plot around it. That sums up my impression after episode 1. I'll give it a few to prove itself but if it continues like this, it'll be one of the very few anime I drop after watching an episode.

It didn't get better in episode 2. I don't even remember if I watched episode 3. Fanservice-heavy anime tend to have this problem where they're bad.

I'm also gonna' watch SAO II. Because SAO wasn't nearly as bad as many people make it out to be, and because not everything I watch needs to be excellent.

Other than that, I'm happy to see a second season of Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Ilya, because magical girl anime that are aware of and play with genre tropes are fun--and maybe I like magical girl anime, I dunno'. I'll probably give nearly everything at least a cursory watch to see if it's worth sticking with, except Momo Kyun Sword because there's no way it'll be anything other than terribad and Sengoku Basara Judge End because I hate "historical" shounen.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2014 4:24am | Report
xIchi wrote:

Akame Ga Kill is terrible instead, but it still has entertainment value, same as SAO, which I also hate but still watched cause of entertainment value.

Well, it is can be an amusing trainwreck, if you're into that sort of thing.
Quoted:
Knights of Sidonia is pretty good, especially the last episode makes me want to read the manga xD

Do write up a comparison if you ever go read it.
lifebaka wrote:

I'm also gonna' watch SAO II. Because SAO wasn't nearly as bad as many people make it out to be, and because not everything I watch needs to be excellent.

Yeah, I think it's just that the mindless fanboys can be a bit polarizing :P

I've also started reading a bit of SnK and I caught up with Koe no Katachi(I'll stop if you all read it) again.

Huuh?

Also, gotten far into SNK? I'm always up for some theory discussion if you wanna :)
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide