Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 232 of 334
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2014 9:26am | Report
No Game No Life. The references. I'm probably missing half of them and it's still amazing. From Phoenix Wright to Neon Genesis Evangelion to Skyrim. Good stuff.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Darealone
<Member>
Darealone's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2014 4:31pm | Report
GIMMIE RECOMMENDATIONS!!

(I'm that guy who watches/watched AOT(SNK), SAO, One Piece, Guilty Crown, Tiger and Bunny, Blue Exorcist, etc.)
I main...the entire top lane.
I miss: Tank Rengar top, AD Nidalee, Mash Keyboard Ryze...the OPs
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2014 5:23pm | Report
Darealone wrote:

GIMMIE RECOMMENDATIONS!!

(I'm that guy who watches/watched AOT(SNK), SAO, One Piece, Guilty Crown, Tiger and Bunny, Blue Exorcist, etc.)

That's mostly shounen. You might enjoy Hunter x Hunter. It starts out all light and happy and gets... Less so.

You should also watch Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (AKA Puella Magi Madoka Magica), because everyone should watch Madoka, because Madoka is really, really, fantastically good.

For other action series:
  • Baccano! is a really good more-serious action anime; it features a lot more blood and really obvious death than most of what you've listed, but it's really good.
  • Kyoukai no Kanata from a couple seasons back might be up your alley; it's got more slice-of-life than what you've mentioned, so it'd be a bit different than anything you've got listed.
  • Log Horizon is a less feelings-beat-logics take on the trapped-in-an-MMO idea; although the art budget is fairly low and it has some clearly contrived plot developments, it's still a much more intelligent take on being stuck in an MMO than SAO or the .//hack anime have been.
  • A Certain Scientific Railgun (Toaru Kagaku no Railrun) and its sequel should also work for you; I'm less of a fan of the series they're spun off of, A Certain Magical Index (Toaru Majutsu no Index), but you could also give it a shot.

You can also check out the offerings on Netflix and Hulu (if you can access it). There's a lot of **** on both, of course, but you don't really lose anything by giving a series a couple of episodes of your time to see if it's worth more.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2014 8:25pm | Report
Darealone wrote:

GIMMIE RECOMMENDATIONS!!

Not sure if you're up for reading manga, but if you are then I'd recommend reading SNK (it's so much better), Berserk, Onepunch-Man, Feng Shen Ji, Vinland Saga and possibly I am a Hero.

Berserk is probably my favorite manga ever. It's a very dark fantasy epic that doesn't shy away from showing anything. The first two and a half volumes are easily the worst parts of the manga, but if you get past those the rest is pure gold. The art starts out being nothing special, but gets utterly mindblowing as it goes on. If you wanna have a taste of the art in Berserk, then go read Gigantomakhia. It's a short 7chapter series they made during a pause in the serialization of Berserk.

Onepunch-Man is pretty much almost a golden example of shounen and comedy. It's self-aware, it makes fun of the genre, it has plenty of fighting and the art is mindblowingly good. Berserk and Onepunch-Man have the best art I've ever seen, period.

Feng Shen Ji is a shounen inspired by Chinese mythology. It does a few pretty clever things with the story and the art is mostly very good, but the dialogue kinda bothers me sometimes. I guess that may be due to poor translation, but it deserves a mention.

I am a Hero is a weird one. Real weird, but in a good way. At least in my opinion. It revolves around a guy with mental problems (schizophrenia? not sure) and follows him as life as he knows it breaks down. I'm not gonna give away any more detail as to avoid spoiling anything.
I will warn you of gore and nudity though. And piss. Lots of piss.
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2014 4:53pm | Report
lifebaka, I knew you'd have a good romcom to share! Mikakunin de Shinkoukei so far is good :P

Anyway, I finished both seasons of Highschool DxD. I thought I had a pretty high tolerance for this kind of anime from watching a huge amount of the ecchi genre when I was in highschool, like Rosario + Vampire, Kanokon, Ikkitousen etc. But damn Highschool DxD took it way too far.

8+ Pairs of nipples every episode, 6+ panty shots every episode, the main character telling the girls dead in the eye that he wants to take them to town...and to top it off, the guy literally went berserk mode because the evil guy was about to do something that might shrink his club president's abnormal chest.

Oh well, let's pretend I didn't watch this :P

On the other hand, I started watching Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko (no it's not because it has the word "hentai" that it is one) and I can safely confirm that the art is one of the best I've seen so far in terms of quality. It's so smooth and fluid. If it was an action seinen anime, with an art like this, it'd go big in no time. So far so good, I'm enjoying both HenNeko and Mikakunin. Will post when I finish both.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2014 4:56pm | Report
I'm watching Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko aka The hentai prince and the story cat too. So far so good and I agree on the art.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2014 5:49pm | Report
YayaFTW wrote:

lifebaka, I knew you'd have a good romcom to share! Mikakunin de Shinkoukei so far is good :P

Anyway, I finished both seasons of Highschool DxD. I thought I had a pretty high tolerance for this kind of anime from watching a huge amount of the ecchi genre when I was in highschool, like Rosario + Vampire, Kanokon, Ikkitousen etc. But damn Highschool DxD took it way too far.

8+ Pairs of nipples every episode, 6+ panty shots every episode, the main character telling the girls dead in the eye that he wants to take them to town...and to top it off, the guy literally went berserk mode because the evil guy was about to do something that might shrink his club president's abnormal chest.

Oh well, let's pretend I didn't watch this :P

On the other hand, I started watching Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko (no it's not because it has the word "hentai" that it is one) and I can safely confirm that the art is one of the best I've seen so far in terms of quality. It's so smooth and fluid. If it was an action seinen anime, with an art like this, it'd go big in no time. So far so good, I'm enjoying both HenNeko and Mikakunin. Will post when I finish both.

You turned into a romcom lover after all that ecchi +1 :3
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2014 2:02pm | Report
^ I can relate. Be careful kids, Ecchi overdoses are irreversible.

I think the first season was funny. Season 2 was just milking it though, it didn't have the same atmosphere for some reason. And it wasn't due to a lack of nipples indeed. I think it started to take itself more seriously as the plot thickened.

Hanamonogatari airing date delayed to August 16. Grrr... Why do good series end up as bad movies? (This "series' will be broadcast in one day)

For some reason I stumbled upon Hamatora The Animation. The first letters are promising. Will report back when I had some watch time.

So, the first episode was nice. It is a bit like Darker than Black: mystery solving and supernatural powers. And it's surprisingly witty. The first episode wasn't as dark, though I'm not sure whether that will change. So far the protagonists seem to win fights without hassle. I would recommend to give it a shot.

EDIT: It is by no means a "serious" anime though.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2014 2:03am | Report
Trivia about the 'All you need is kill' -Manga / Light Novel that turned into a movie.

Quoted:
The first writer on the film, Dante Harper, who did not receive final credit, sold his spec script to Warner Bros. in 2010 for over $1 million.

.. - wait! so the original LN author didn't get any credit, while some hollywood phony takes his story and scribbles abit to get all dat money :c?
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2014 8:42am | Report
Darealone wrote:

GIMMIE RECOMMENDATIONS!!

Watch kara no kyoukai in release order.

Also, I just started reading the Log Horizon light novels. So far so good :3

EDIT:
Thought it would be a good idea to not spam :P
I'm still looking for an anime with a decently thought out magic/ability system (akin to the magic system in the Nasuverse or, to a much lesser extent, the To Aru series)
Thanks to Koksei for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide