Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 230 of 334
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2014 4:48am | Report
@Janitsu Sorcery :O Thanks though!

Darealone wrote:

I just read through some AOT theories.

Post said theories in a spoiler box, don't go full ******ic seizure mode on us and not even link or post said theories u_u

Anyway I finished a couple more anime after Hyouka.

I finished watching Noragami and Nisekoi.

Noragami: Typical shonen anime. I see where the 8.25/10 on MAL might come from, but still, worth a 7/10 for me.

Basically the comedy and the characters are what got this anime an 8 on MAL. I gotta admit that for a shonen, the comedy wasn't bad at all, and the characters were for once interesting, such as Ko***u Ebisu.

Plot and action were casual. Art was good to be honest.

Overall, any shonen amateur would probably enjoy it. I didn't like it but the characters were worth the watch.

Nisekoi: Man, when I finished the first episode I was like "Why does the art seem familiar? It's waaaay too familiar, I've seen this style somewhere. I go check the studio. Guess what, it's ****ing Shaft. Then it hit me, some of the way the scenes are drawn is exactly the same as in some of the scenes in the Monogatari Series. Then biased me was like "doesn't matter if it's a good or trash anime, if it's Shaft, then I'm watching it no matter what."

Turned out that Shaft actually saved this anime. I'm fairly confident that if Nisekoi was adapted by any other studio, it won't have as much success as it has right now.

Nisekoi is the incarnation of the romcom stereotype. There's nothing original about it. It's the same 1 guy meet 1 girl during childhood, love promises and ****. Years later, the girl shows up. But then more girls show up. A tsundere, a sweet one, an "I wanna be a man" one, and the killjoy princess-like one that steps in to spice the **** up when it starts getting boring. Unlucky **** happens for the male main character, like locked in the girl's locker room with a half naked girl (surprise surprise) and such.

Fanservice wasn't as obnoxious as I thought it'd be. No pairings are clear yet, which is good since we know there's a season 2.

The comedy though, was actually casual but consistent. I liked it.

The art was great, and in the end it was a really nice watch. I'd recommend it for any romcom lover out there.

Right now I started watching Yahari ore no seishun love come wa machigatteiru. Another romcom. The thing is that I'm already hating the art, looks bad to me :/
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2014 8:15am | Report
Quoted:
Right now I started watching Yahari ore no seishun love come wa machigatteiru. Another romcom. The thing is that I'm already hating the art, looks bad to me :/
It's been a while but I think I enjoyed it in the end. At least it doesn't turn into a harem so it's not bad in that sense. I'd recommend you to give it a few episodes.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2014 11:33am | Report
Yahari ore no seishun love come wa machigatteiru will be really good in the 2nd season.

It is a kinda romcom, but as the title says it is not your everyday romcom. The novel-forum started as a romcom discussion and turned into a discussion about relationships between persons and their developement aswell as the developement of the main characters regarding their personalities.

The majority think of it as a refreshing newcommer, a quote on why it is not as generic and cliché:
Spoiler: Click to view
Latest Legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2014 4:36pm | Report
Well I think this kind of ironical satire on the genre is getting more and more common too though. Still worth the watch.

Finished Hyouka. Turned out to be better than I expected. Good comedy, the "mystery cases" get better as the series progresses. There actually were some that I didn't grasp halfway the episode But then again some are unfair for the reader, so I wouldn't recommend it just for the mystery.

Nice end. A second season probably won't live up to the expectations so I hope they leave it at this. Though I have to admit I am... curious. *_*
Darealone
<Member>
Darealone's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2014 10:46pm | Report
YayaFTW wrote:

Post said theories in a spoiler box, don't go full ******ic seizure mode on us and not even link or post said theories u_u

Sorry...my mind was blown out of my brain and out of my head. The possibilities are literally endless.
Here are the theories for AOT.

Also...just started Sword Art Online. It's okay so far. On episode 8 I think. I think AOT>SAO. Just my opinion.
I main...the entire top lane.
I miss: Tank Rengar top, AD Nidalee, Mash Keyboard Ryze...the OPs
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2014 2:51am | Report
Everything else > SAO
#hater

more clear:>SOA
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2014 3:11am | Report
Darealone wrote:

No.
image from chapter 1

At first I thought there might be time travel-ish things involved, but then I realized something far more reasonable:
Chapter 57 of the manga

Quoted:

Eeeeeh, no.
Quoted:

Noooope.
Chapter 51 of the manga, BIG SPOILER

Chapter 55 of the manga

Another theory is that the English name itself is a hint at something, because the title doesn't really make any sense. The more correct translation of Shingeki No Kyojin (the Japanese title) is Advancing Giants.
End of anime

Quoted:
Also...just started Sword Art Online. It's okay so far. On episode 8 I think. I think AOT>SAO. Just my opinion.

Yeah, duh. That's blatantly obvious :P

I hope you're reading the SNK (AOT) manga btw, it's a lot better than the anime. Here's a link. I recommend reading the manga from the start, the anime made a lot of changes for the worse.
End of anime
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2014 9:25pm | Report
I finished watching Yahari Ore No Seishun Love Come Wa Machigatteiru.

Either I'm really dense, or the romance was totally sidelined for 13 episodes straight. Don't get me wrong, there were..hints or let's say ground preparations for the romance, but man I feel cheated because I actually expected it to happen.

The characters though were phenomenal. I think I'm on a spree of anime that have insanely done characters (except for Nisekoi, that was as generic as a romcom character can get, still it was a good romcom). The MC is really something, Yui was okay, a typical highschool girl. Yukino on the other hand was great.

The comedy was well done, got to laugh every episode. I'm still salty about the romance, they could have at least gave more hints, it really feels frustrating.

It was a good watch overall, I wasn't let down. Season 2 must have romance I guess, otherwise I'd be seriously pissed.

Well I think I have watched most notorious romcoms. I don't know if lifebaka still checks this thread, I wanna ask him about his favourite romcoms, maybe he has something worth a watch that I haven't heard of.

Anyway, I feel like I can handle a bit of fanservice, I'm gonna watch Highschool DxD. Don't judge me.

I tried to watch Golden Time, dropped it 5 mins into Episode 1. Dunno if I just wasn't in the mood for it, but it felt thick, annoying. I'll give it a try when I run out of anime to watch.

EDIT: I just finished the 1st episode of Highschool DxD, it turns out the word "Fanservice" wasn't really accurate. Borderline Hentai is more suitable.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2014 5:19am | Report
YayaFTW wrote:
Either I'm really dense, or the romance was totally sidelined for 13 episodes straight. Don't get me wrong, there were..hints or let's say ground preparations for the romance, but man I feel cheated because I actually expected it to happen.
I felt so too. That "No." scene though. I still have to laugh about it.

I didn't know there was a second season planned. Good news!

YayaFTW wrote:
EDIT: I just finished the 1st episode of Highschool DxD, it turns out the word "Fanservice" wasn't really accurate. Borderline Hentai is more suitable.
Well it's good at what it does I suppose. It gets old pretty quickly.

Monogatari Series: Second Season +α starts airing this Saturday. Can't wait.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2014 8:38am | Report
^hype for saturday confirmed <3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide