Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 228 of 334
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2014 10:16am | Report
Finished watching Hyouka.

Loved it. Lighthearted, funny, amazingly drawn, the mystery cases weren't as dull as I thought they'd be, the art/animation was sweet and the character developement was very well done.

It's been a while since I relaxed from watching anime, haven't felt like that since the monogatari series. What I really liked about the anime is how different from the anime stereotype the characters' personality is. Chitanda Eru for example was complete eye-candy.

I wish there was more than hints of romance, but overall I regret nothing.

Right now I'm watching Nagi no Asukara, not impressed so far, but we'll see!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2014 1:39pm | Report
For the Koe no Katachi reader(s), it looks like batoto lost its contributor for the series, mangareader, for example, is a few chapters ahead.

I finished Nagi no Asukara. I don't think it was a waste of my time so I guess that's something. The idea was good but I didn't like some things of the way they did it.

And I'm 25 chapters in the turd. Perfect plot, the character development is amazing and so refreshing. The fight scenes are very well done. 10/10.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2014 9:04am | Report
finished chaos;head. sorry joxuu i was not impressed. i just hated the man character so much and the story just went all sorts of crazy the closer it got to the end...making plot leaps that made little sense and adding things in that were never explained.

watching blade and soul. pretty bad so far not sure i will make it through. very little plot development so far. lotta fan service. unoriginal. but we will see.

Thanks to Hogopogo for my signature!

Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2014 9:11am | Report
Whaha :D I loved the crazy stuff.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2014 3:59pm | Report

finished chaos;head. sorry joxuu i was not impressed. i just hated the man character so much and the story just went all sorts of crazy the closer it got to the end...making plot leaps that made little sense and adding things in that were never explained.

watching blade and soul. pretty bad so far not sure i will make it through. very little plot development so far. lotta fan service. unoriginal. but we will see.

Well Blade and Soul is basically just a promotion anime for the MMORPG Blade and Soul XD
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2014 4:01am | Report
So I finished Nagi no Asukara.

Maan, I'm seriously pissed. Nagi no Asukara basically suffers from the Zetsuen no Tempest Syndrome :/ Otherwise it'd have been a really really good drama/romance anime.

At first, I didn't like it at all, because I had a hard time overlooking the fact that it's a bunch of 14-15 years old living under the sea. However, it slowly grew on me and became the center of my thoughts whenever the word "anime" gets brought up. In the end, it got to the point that even after the huuge deception half way into the anime, I had no trouble whatsoever watching it till the end.

When I said it suffers from the Zetsuen no Tempest syndrome, I meant the way Nagi no Asukara screwed up half way into the episodes. The first half was amazing, and it reached its climax during the episode of the first Ofunehiki. However, after the tragic event, it just lost all the hype it managed to build during the first 14 episodes or so.
How to say this..NoA is like a little snow ball that rolls down the mountain, slowly building up, getting big, and when it reaches its peak size, it runs into some rocks and shatters into snow dust before it makes it all the way down the mountain.

During the first half, I had no idea who ends up with who, and the drama build-up was insanely well done. Some moments were really emotional, and I easily got involved and absorbed into the episodes. But on the second half, they do the cliché "5 years after", only worse. The pairings were obvious, and the happy ending felt forced.

Still, no regrets, it was a good drama/romance anime, I'm just pissed because it could have been better :/

Other than that, art/animation was satisfying, character developement was great, drama was well done except some cheesy scenes, and the romance was... I'll be biased and say I don't approve of the actual pairings :P Otherwise it was good!

Romance

But there's actually something about this anime that I'd call masterpiece with confidence. The soundtrack. Not the OP and ED, but the actual soundtrack. I'll link my favourite track once I get home.

Anyway, I'll be watching something with no romance after NoA, maybe I'll actually try Code Ge*** lol.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2014 5:18am | Report
Code Ge*** includes some slight romance tho :>...

Btw, was Nagi no Asakura released in Winterseason 2013/14? I seemed to kinda miss out on that and people have been talking about it o0?
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2014 5:31am | Report
First episode was released on october 2013 and it finished airing this april. 26 Episodes total.

Yea, it has good scores on most anime review sites, hence the hype. Imo it deserves an 8/10 but not more than that. MAL is overrating again with an 8.54/10

When I think about it, NoA is Ano Hana but with more romance and drama.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2014 6:13am | Report
YayaFTW wrote:

When I think about it, NoA is Ano Hana but with more romance and drama.

Yeah, I was expecting it to turn out pretty similar to Ano Hana, haha.
Quoted:
Imo it deserves an 8/10 but not more than that.

Which probably means 7/10 in a scale that is used in its entirety.
"Moral justification is a powerful disengagement mechanism. Destructive conduct is made personally and socially acceptable by portraying it in the service of moral ends." - Albert Bandura

"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2014 7:22am | Report
They changed the "orchestra" characters in favor of some more drama halfway through, I think that's also a reason why they couldn't finish it properly. I mean, it's funny to do it with one or two characters, but with all of them is a bit too much..

Spoiler: Click to view

I think it deserves more than a 7, 7.6-ish I think.

Does Ano Hana have the success aspects or the failures?
********'s a pretty good fertilizer

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide