Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 2 of 334
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2011 7:06am | Report
Why the **** haven't anyone mentioned Berserk yet?? That's like a must read! (well, for anyone over 18)
Berserk is by far the best manga I've read. It's not one of those stories about friendship and how goodness always prevails (like Fairy Tail..). It's bloody, brutal and awesome. The story never ceases to amaze me. The author has spent many years just on the story and it's nothing short of amazing.

I think that I've finished or read all current ones of close to 100mangas. I read too much manga >.>

My favorites are: Berserk, The Breaker(Korean "manhwa"), Fullmetal Alchemist, Vagabond and One Piece.

Honorable mentions are: Bleach, Naruto, Eyeshield 21, Psyren, Real and Elfen Lied.

I've watched the "club to death-angel Dokuro-chan"(the only good/decent anime I've seen), naruto and some other bad animes. I'm no big fan of animes. They're often much worse than the manga.
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
Iratesniper
<Member>
Iratesniper's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2011 12:53pm | Report
atm im watching bleach, naruto, soul eater.
Speicial Thanks To Scrax and TRUeLM For Creating My Signatures

Check Out My Builds

In Progress
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2012 9:35am | Report
Just gonna revive this because I can't find the other manga/anime thread.

I recently watched through Bakemonogatari. I liked it. It was really good at times. I must say that the ending was kind of anti-climatic though.

Oh, and the best thing about Bakemonogatari is easily the EDs and OPs ^^
I love that ED(it's basically 1ED, but they change a few small things every 2episodes). Both the art and the music are amazing.
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 5:21am | Report
I'm currently watching Code Ge***. I've just started on season 2, so far I think it's great. I can't wait to see how it all ends for Zero/Lelouch :D

I'm also following Naruto, though I think the quality in the last 30-50 episodes (not sure) haven't been that high.

Before I started on Code Ge*** I watched all episodes of Hajime No Ippo and New Challenger and though I'm no fan of boxing I found the anime to be amazing.

However, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is still my favourite anime, it is just so freaking great.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 11:39am | Report
@Searz
I started reading berserk but then it got licensed in america so the website took it down so I wasn't bothered to find another source.

Oh, and The Breaker rules. It's one of my favourites as well. You should definitely take a look at Noblesse and Tower of God. They're korean as well and along with The Breaker they're probably my top 3 favourite manga/manhwa right now, definitely better than Naruto/Bleach/One Piece.

Elfin lied was Ok. I didn't like psyren that much so I stopped reading it around chapter 130.. now that I'm checking it seems it was 15 chapters away from ending so I guess I'll be finishing it in the near future.

As far as animes go I rarely watch them because the manga is either better or simply less time-consuming. Code Ge***, however, is an exception. It was pretty amazing, and had one of the best endings ever.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 12:25pm | Report
Canoas wrote:

I started reading berserk but then it got licensed in america so the website took it down so I wasn't bothered to find another source.

Oh, and The Breaker rules. It's one of my favourites as well. You should definitely take a look at Noblesse and Tower of God. They're korean as well and along with The Breaker they're probably my top 3 favourite manga/manhwa right now, definitely better than Naruto/Bleach/One Piece.

Elfin lied was Ok. I didn't like psyren that much so I stopped reading it around chapter 130.. now that I'm checking it seems it was 15 chapters away from ending so I guess I'll be finishing it in the near future.

This one works, if you can handle the pink theme :)

I really, really liked The Breaker, but I'm just not sure where they're going with New Waves (for anyone who doesn't know; that's the follow-up manhwa that continues the story). I hope they make stuff happen, because atm New Waves doesn't quite do the original justice.

I've been reading Noblesse and Tower of God too. I think you might have recommended them to me in the other thread :P
I like both.
Tower of God is really good, but I'm not quite sure where they're going with the story here either. I wanted it to be "Viole and company" D:
Noblesse was really good for a while, but atm it just feels cliche-ish and not very interesting.

You haven't read A***etsu, have you?
It's really good.
Give it a try if you're ok with reading a lot of text about politics. It helps if you have a good understanding of politics, but I managed just fine with just the bare-bones.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 1:58pm | Report
I think I prefer New Waves to the original. Maybe the fact that he's not just following some over powered guy and doing stuff on his own makes it better. At least it felt like in the first manhwa he was always Goomoonryong's shadow. It's also more fun because he's not supposed to be able to do anything but unexpectedly managed to beat quite a few people up. I really like the plot twist as well, making his master now his enemy.

I read somewhere that in this season Baam is not the main character any more, it's Wangman and he's somehow connected to Zahard. In fact, Wangman might be the real son of Zahard, not Baam.
The thing is that it's been 5 years and Baam is now on level 20. The tower currently has 134 floors and it takes on average 500 years to get to the top. Baam climbed 20 in 5 years so on average 4 floors per year.. I'm afraid he's way past everyone else on his previous "team" and no one else will be able to keep up with his speed. Urek Mazino was an irregular and he climbed the tower in 50 years, Yuri Zahard took 200 years and she's one of the strongest in the tower. Either the story stops having Baam as the main character or we'll be witness a pretty lonely ride to the top.

The problem with Noblesse is that it's starting a new arc and the last arc wasn't as interesting because they had to end up as being friends with the nobles.. Now it's going to be about the clan leaders that betrayed Rai and the Lord, so I think it'll be much more fun again. It won't be a "have a fight and kiss afterwards" arc but more like a "leave no one standing".

I'll read A***etsu and Berserk when I have the time, but that will probably have to wait till summer.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 2:25pm | Report
Berserk is prob the only Manga i ever considered reading...

Looks kinda bad *** if i do say so myself...
FridgeOy
<Member>
FridgeOy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 2:40pm | Report
I don't really read anime/manga, but I've watched a few series.

My favorites in no particular order:
-Fullmetal Alchemist/ Brotherhood (I kinda liked FMA:B better than FMA)
-Deathnote
-Cowboy Bebop
-Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
-One Piece

I used to watch Naruto and Bleach when I was younger (12-14), but not so much anymore.

Currently Watching The Book of Bantorra.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 2:44pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Why the **** haven't anyone mentioned Berserk yet?? That's like a must read! (well, for anyone over 18)
Berserk is by far the best manga I've read. It's not one of those stories about friendship and how goodness always prevails (like Fairy Tail..). It's bloody, brutal and awesome. The story never ceases to amaze me. The author has spent many years just on the story and it's nothing short of amazing.

Amen.

Anime I watch(ed) : One Piece, Samurai Champloo, Afro Samurai, Zatch Bell, Death Note
Mangas I read : Dragon Ball (first manga I read), Kenshin (first manga serie I finished), Battle Royal, Basilisks, Berserk (my favorite, by far), Blame, Hellsing and Full Metal Alchemist
Movie based on animes watched : Afro Samurai : Resurection, Battle Royal

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide