Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 247 of 334
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2014 8:18pm | Report
^ We discussed that a few pages back
Final verdict:
not as good as novel and has ****py animation but still good/10

Quoted:
Shingeki no Kyojin actually lost to Psycho Pass! I'm not taking anything away from PP, it's a definitely good world class anime, but damn we're talking about SnK here! And SnK's fanbase is quite big, so that was really a surprise.

*tear of pride*

EDIT: Well... here are the results Psycho-Pass: 394 - AoT: 393
So I guess we can say it was pretty close? 8D
Thanks to Koksei for the sig!
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 15, 2014 10:16pm | Report
Looking for a new anime to watch; I finished sword art online season 1, death note, and fullmetal alchemist - brotherhood. I've been told that angel beats, fate/zero and mirai nikki are all good, but i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions?

Looks like it may be a little difficult to find fate/zero episodes :S
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2014 2:39am | Report
^I can recommend Nichijou if you're into comedy.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
Dark Valkyrie
<Member>
Dark Valkyrie's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2014 3:26am | Report
utopus wrote:

Looking for a new anime to watch; I finished sword art online season 1, death note, and fullmetal alchemist - brotherhood. I've been told that angel beats, fate/zero and mirai nikki are all good, but i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions?

Crunchyroll has Fate Zero and Angel Beats, both of which I would recommend myself. I'd recommend others for you but the list would simply be too long. Just check out the popular titles on Crunchyroll.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2014 4:21am | Report
utopus wrote:

Looks like you are more into the action/fantasy stuff.
So we can go for some older stuff like D.Gray Man or the Fate series.
If you want you can just start the 2nd season of SAO (2 episodes out atm I think). Tho, SAO is ****, biased opinion.
Mirai Nikki is also interesting but for me personally it was just medicore at the end. Nothing new that would cry out that it is special and the MC is just more annoying than Jacuzzi(Baccano) and Shinji(NGE) combined into one meatsack of annoying ****. 9th was actually the most interesting character at the end.

Why is it hard to find episodes? Can't you just go on some random anime hosting website?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2014 4:27am | Report
xIchi wrote:

So we can go for some older stuff like D.Gray Man

The storytelling in that one is a damn mess. It's ultimately nothing special because it squanders its potential with messy storytelling.
The manga that is at least.
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2014 6:16am | Report
Didn't read the Manga, but lets say the anime was pretty entertaining for it's lenght and I never felt like the story did not move forward :o
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2014 9:25am | Report
utopus wrote:

you might enjoy the Dangan Ronpa animation from Funimation which is similar to Death Note, or No Game No Life, which is sort of like SAO/Death Note...sort of

also has anyone else watched Aria: The Animation? One of my favorite animes for sure, just so calming to watch it.

lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2014 10:40am | Report
utopus wrote:

Angel Beats is kinda' like SAO, insofar as both seem to have a bunch of extraordinary stuff going on but ultimately are about feelings. It was definitely good, but not really stellar.

I'm watching Mirai Nikki right now, and it's just not particularly tightly plotted or written. The opening episodes were really solid, but now it's kinda' floundering in the middle. Maybe would've been better as a 13-ish episode run, to force tighter plotting, but it's still pretty good all things told. Very yandere. Many crazy.

I wasn't a fan of Fate/Zero, as I've mentioned before. I just don't feel like it gets things done fast enough, and the fight scenes are too slow, short, and spread out to hold it together. I didn't even bother watching the second season, after the first didn't impress me.

As for other suggestions, watch Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Everyone should watch Madoka. It's really, really good. It's on Hulu and Netflix, and I can direct you to fansubs if neither of those are realistic options.

And Baccano!, which Ichi mentions in passing, is also quite good. It makes great use of nonlinear storytelling to simultaneously cover stories set at three separate times, bringing them all together quite nicely in the end. Not a lot of feels here, but the violence is wonderful.

I also second Searz's recommendation of Nichijou. That show was ****ing hilarious.

Nighthawk wrote:

you might enjoy the Dangan Ronpa animation from Funimation which is similar to Death Note, or No Game No Life, which is sort of like SAO/Death Note...sort of

Danganronpa the Animation was really bad. It just couldn't tell an engaging story to save its life. Its intended audience is relatively young, and holy hell does it show in how it handles things. If you're interested in this particular setup, Deadman Wonderland is similar in concept and tone, but is just straight up superior in every way.

No Game No Life was really fun, but I'm not sure that it'd appeal to someone who doesn't watch a lot of anime. It's playing heavily to some of the hikimori/otaku tropes to great effect, but that might be offputting to someone who isn't already familiar with them. Plus it needs at least another season to really finish telling its story, so it might be better to wait and see how that turns out.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2014 10:56am | Report
lifebaka wrote:

Danganronpa the Animation was really bad. It just couldn't tell an engaging story to save its life. Its intended audience is relatively young, and holy hell does it show in how it handles things. If you're interested in this particular setup, Deadman Wonderland is similar in concept and tone, but is just straight up superior in every way.

No Game No Life was really fun, but I'm not sure that it'd appeal to someone who doesn't watch a lot of anime. It's playing heavily to some of the hikimori/otaku tropes to great effect, but that might be offputting to someone who isn't already familiar with them. Plus it needs at least another season to really finish telling its story, so it might be better to wait and see how that turns out.

i only watched a bit of the animation, but it's based on the video game, which is definitely not for younger audiences, so unless they tuned it down a whole bunch i don't see how it could be. deadman wonderland is good from what i hear though.

personally i enjoyed ngnl despite not watching a lot of anime, but agree it needs at least another season

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide