Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 248 of 334
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2014 11:04am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

i only watched a bit of the animation, but it's based on the video game, which is definitely not for younger audiences, so unless they tuned it down a whole bunch i don't see how it could be. deadman wonderland is good from what i hear though.

personally i enjoyed ngnl despite not watching a lot of anime, but agree it needs at least another season

The animation style was derp.
The censoring was derp even morexD
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2014 11:36am | Report
Just finished volume 13 of I Am A Hero. Still going strong in its weirdness. Some character development and setup for future events. I'm excited to see the next volume.

Also just read chapter 59 of SNK. I love Isayama's way of telling stories. And the fact that he included that scene illustrating the public's lack of knowledge on the situation(possibly to set up some future event) was just the cherry on the top.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2014 3:27pm | Report
o.o Looks like Steins; Gate beat FMA: B

Code Ge*** vs Steins; Gate in the finals!
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2014 3:44pm | Report
I srsly don#t get S;G :/
I didn't like it all and I can't really understand the hype around it lol
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2014 4:01pm | Report
Everyone has their own tastes :P
I'm glad FMA: B got beat though, I was sick of seeing it /EVERYWHERE/ for the last 4 years xD
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2014 4:21pm | Report
Seems like Stein's Gate is gonna win this. Monogatari coming 4th place and beating celebrities like SnK and all-time anime classics like Death Note and NGE was an unexpected but happy event.

Apparently they might do the same tourney for anime movies this time, but this one would be pointless. Studio Ghibli is gonna wreck it one way or another. I suppose only Makoto Shinkai's 5cm per second stands a chance against Ghibli's top tier movies, unless I'm mistaken. Summer Wars could pull off a monogatari too.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2014 4:21pm | Report
XeresAce wrote:

Everyone has their own tastes :P

Yes, but you see, tastes which differ from my own are inherently incorrect and should be punished by death. Perhaps torture and then death, but I prefer to think of myself as having a bit of humility, so we'll just go with death.

That said, I hate to see Code Ge*** doing so well. It's not that good. This is why I'm not fond of popularity contests, they tend to prop up the moderately good and simple to understand over more complicated and better works.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2014 4:27pm | Report
Paprika the movie would go really high

@lifebaka,
or they buff up animes that are apparently 'deep' and 'hard to understand'. So people voting/standing up for it feel like they are superior :D! (talking about S;G)
idk. I just can't stand S;G lol
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2014 4:38pm | Report
xIchi wrote:

Paprika the movie would go really high

@lifebaka,
or they buff up animes that are apparently 'deep' and 'hard to understand'. So people voting/standing up for it feel like they are superior :D! (talking about S;G)
idk. I just can't stand S;G lol

Yeah, paprika was really good imo.

And I get how you feel... I didn't really want to watch past the first episode of S;G and never made it past halfway of season 1 of CG...

W/e, I'm happy with Shinsekai Yori and Psycho - Pass making it on the list.

Also, about the movie competition, does Kara no Kyoukai count? The 5th and 7th movie were really, really good imo o3o
Thanks to Koksei for the sig!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2014 5:25pm | Report
lifebaka wrote:

That said, I hate to see Code Ge*** doing so well. It's not that good. This is why I'm not fond of popularity contests, they tend to prop up the moderately good and simple to understand over more complicated and better works.

Yeah, but this one has a fairly complex one seemingly coming out on top. Stein's;Gate is complex, but it also has MASSIVE ****ING GAPING PLOTHOLES. Yet it's somehow the "best anime ever" or whatever the contest is for.
The only award S;G deserves is my "Nothing special" award.
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide