Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 57 of 334
Valkenhyn
<Member>
Valkenhyn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2013 4:45pm | Report
Mushishi was kinda fun

EDIT: It's also quite beautiful imo
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2013 4:23am | Report
YayaFTW wrote:

Wow I was just being silly trying to make my point about how much I like Katanagatari, you didn't need to bash me like that lol ._.

Oh but I do :P
We can't have you going around polluting the internet with even more arbitrary numbers and biased opinions than there already is.
Quoted:
let me REMIND [...] you gentlemen that we can't help but add a bit too much of our personal opinion (like i did above and I'm sorry I let myself do it) therefore we ended not really agreeing about what's the real standards for a must-watch anime.

Don't worry, since you couldn't help it I helped you instead >:D
Quoted:
Katanagatari is my favourite anime, for many reasons. I quite enjoyed the animation effects and artstyle, It really is a pleasure for the eye. The story was well written in my opinion, despite the quite bittersweet end it had. The romantic side of the story could have been polished before actually releasing the episodes, but the fact that for once it isn't a "cliché" romance between the protagonists, it brought to light, and even insisted on the uniqueness of Katanagatari.

That's a MUCH better description of the anime. Quite good in fact.

Since it does look pretty interesting I think I'll put it on my "to watch" list.
Quoted:
Anyway Searz, I hope you'd have reconsidered your impression on me by now, and I hope you try to not be as reclutant on my judgmement on animes as you do now.

PS: I hate writing like a grandpa..did it because I knew I messed up, won't happen again lol.

I most certainly have reconsidered my impression of you.

Please don't think of it as "writing like a grandpa", because this gives so much more info in a much more elegant way than what you wrote first. This way of writing is flat out BETTER than the arbitrary numbers you posted at first, so please keep writing like this.
It's more likely to earn you trust among mature or intelligent members of communities.
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2013 7:37am | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

You say Cowboy Bebop doesn't have plot, which made me reconsider if you knew the proper definition.
When you compared the "lack of plot" in Cowboy Bebop to the actual lack of plot in Nichijou
It sounds like your talking about a lacking story more than a plot.

Cowboy Bebop had a plot, in the sense of the correct definition, the one I said previously.

Nichijou lacked plot AND story. It's just pieces of a normal life. There is literally no progression, it's just there to make you laugh.

Stop being a butthurt fanboy who is constantly trying to invalidate my thoughts with petty details; details that more often than not are using faulty logic in the first place.

Seeing as you don't even know the definition of story and just copied a paragraph from Wikipedia, this whole thing just strikes me as pathetic.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2013 12:29pm | Report
Butthurt fanboy?

I could care less in the about what you think about an anime.

You seem to be using my own words against me even then saying that it's pathetic to do so.

"Petty details" arn't existent here. I like to analyze and actually understand anime.
I copied the description wikipedia gave because if I gave you mine, it may have sounded awkward.

Cowboy Bebop did have a very good plot contrary to what you may think.

Every single character in the story had a tragic past. The anime overall tries to teach us that you shouldn't run away from it, but rather, you should face it and relinquish what has been haunting you all this time. Spike is never able to let go of his past with Syndicate, Vicious, and Julia. When he goes seeking closure, he dies. It shows that he could never let go and there is further proof to this when he said that his other eye always sees the past. It was his inability to let go of his past and move on that brought on his demise, while other character like Faye were able to live because they always insisted on moving on.

With that being said, please don't accuse me of not knowing anything about story or plot. I know plenty and I can put up a rather good defense. I'm not a buttheart fanboy, i'm angry because your claims are incorrect and you don't realize that.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2013 12:40pm | Report
i hate both of you.

Sig made by Hogopogo
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2013 9:09am | Report

I lose my manhood when I watch this, can't get any cuter for me :P

You guys have any favourite moment?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2013 12:37pm | Report
YayaFTW wrote:

I lose my manhood when I watch this, can't get any cuter for me :P

My manhood spikes really hard when I watch that. i***nowwhatimean
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2013 12:42pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

With that being said, please don't accuse me of not knowing anything about story or plot. I know plenty and I can put up a rather good defense. I'm not a buttheart fanboy, i'm angry because your claims are incorrect and you don't realize that.

Your statement on the story of Nichijou and Bebop and the definition of story contradict each other.

I'm gonna stop here. I will not be explaining this any further to somebody that can't comprehend what I'm writing nor what he himself is writing.

Arcana3
<Altruistic Artist>
Arcana3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2013 2:20pm | Report
Gawd STOP THE FIGHTING FOR GAWD SAKE YOU'RE INVADING MY ANIME NOW T_T

Ahem... Idk how many peeps have seen it but since i read the light novels, who's watches SAO, the books as always had more detail, but never really enjoyed the novels, but i do however enjoy SAO anime nice change of pace for me.
Thanks to everyone that has made me a sig!

Lacorpse JhoiJhoi Missmaw Xiron Xiao Kat CM Nameless Tinystar Me

Feel Free to +rep if I helped you out
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2013 3:19pm | Report
I never said the definition of story at all
What are you talking about?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide