Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account






Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 68 of 334
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1130
Joined:
May 7th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2013 3:39am | Report
Although I don't mind the english corrections since they are very instructive, this thread is slowly turning from an anime/manga thread to an online english class thread :/
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2013 4:41am | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

And I made a perfectly modest statement in confirming Tamako Market's ability to entertain the viewer.

Ill also say that I don't really care about what you "really mean"
Saying something like this:

Isn't modest, it just proves your lack of ability admit and accept things, as well as the fact that you are proud. Any one who says that is proud, and you're in denial if you say you aren't.

This argument is going nowhere real ****ing fast.
Since the argument is based on perception rather than fact it's pretty pointless trying to argue over it.
Quoted:
Look, if you think my lists are bad, let's see your lists. See if they are any better. All you do is say my 'lists' are bad and you never really prove your intelligence on said topic. All you do is antagonize me. Why don't you prove that what you're saying is worth listening to and give your opinion for once, instead of ridiculing others for their's.

I'm fairly certain the use of something like "can you do it better?" is a fallacy. Your arguments are full of them.

I've stated why your lists are bad at least 2 or 3 times by now. It feels like I'm preaching for deaf ears.
I'm not gonna repeat myself anymore. Go read what has been written and try to understand it.
Quoted:
Oh one more thing, your sense of "grammar and how well sentences are built"
Must be diluted because Coalgirls' version was not up to par on either of those

No data you have provided supports the above statement.
If you go and look at the actual grammar and sentence construction you'll see that they're pretty much flawless. The problem with the Coalgirls subs is the mistranslated words.

Now, that is a big problem, don't get me wrong, but that's a SINGLE example. Which takes me back to:
"There's a difference between properly formulating an answer with many points of data all showing evidence of the same thing and drawing blanket statements out of your *** with no more than a single example to prove the point."
Which describes your use of another fallacy.

See how I use 2 points of data to display how you're using fallacies?
I can point to even more fallacies here, but I doubt your 'deaf' ears are gonna listen.
"Moral justification is a powerful disengagement mechanism. Destructive conduct is made personally and socially acceptable by portraying it in the service of moral ends." - Albert Bandura

"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2013 4:46am | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

Assumptions isn't a word
I also don't understand how telling you to begin sentences with a capital letter could be labeled as an assumption.

*corrected that spelling error for you*

Assumptions is most certainly a word.
You are however correct in that your statement wasn't an assumption.

I.e: you're both being idiots.

Edit: lol, nvm, Cuddles is never correct.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
3876
Joined:
Apr 5th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2013 6:14am | Report
Searz wrote:


*corrected that spelling error for you*

Assumptions is most certainly a word.
You are however correct in that your statement wasn't an assumption.

I.e: you're both being idiots.


if you can't pay attention to a single statement to see what he assumed something i guess you are just worn from this senseless discussion and in desparate need to be right.
at most, i'm an idiot for expressing my opinion on your idiocity.


Sig made by elenah
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2013 7:13am | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

if you can't pay attention to a single statement to see what he assumed something i guess you are just worn from this senseless discussion and in desparate need to be right.

Oh, I see. You're saying that 'young one' is the assumption.
I honestly doubt that though, it's cuddles we're talking about; he's probably just using it as a way of "sticking it" to you.

Yea, I'm worn by the discussion, but I don't feel any need of 'being right'.
I have no problem openly admitting that I misinterpreted your comment, so please refrain from making me out to be pathetic.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
5764
Joined:
Feb 2nd, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2013 7:48am | Report
ANYWAYS BACK TO ANIME

robo notes ending kinda sucked

psycho pass ending was kinda ._.

owells
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1126
Joined:
Dec 12th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2013 9:39am | Report
Embracing wrote:

ANYWAYS BACK TO ANIME

Mondaijitachi ending was terribad. I can now honestly say that series was a bit below decent, even if it wasn't quite outright bad.

I've been watching the Coalgirls subtitles of Toradora! While I'm really enjoying the series, in just the first four episodes I've seen several places where the too-literal translation style actually does interfere with the way the anime sounds. It gets the meaning across well enough, but it hardly sounds like the way people actually use the English language.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2013 11:00am | Report
lifebaka wrote:

I've been watching the Coalgirls subtitles of Toradora! While I'm really enjoying the series, in just the first four episodes I've seen several places where the too-literal translation style actually does interfere with the way the anime sounds. It gets the meaning across well enough, but it hardly sounds like the way people actually use the English language.

It seems a pattern might be emerging. Interesting, let's see if newer series have the same problems.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1733
Joined:
May 31st, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2013 12:37pm | Report
Searz Have you started watching Evangelion yet?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2013 1:12pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

Searz Have you started watching Evangelion yet?

Nope, it will probably be a while before I do; it's pretty low on the watchlist.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide