Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 66 of 334
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2013 4:33pm | Report
Im talking about the modifications they did to the font and the subtitles and the sheer amount localization.
They ****ed up the ending, really bad. They made unnecessary translations and they used a **** font. Compared to their Madoka Magica release, which only converted the anime into a 10bit encode at 1080p. They didn't modify any of yesy's subtitles, they left the font and their subtitles the exact same way yesy made them.

Their Bakemonogatari release was **** for 1. The reasons I said above, bad font, localization and modification of subtitles (which were fine) 2. Because they didn't use the precise subtitles. Contrary to what you said searz, no their subs were from qIIq. qIIq's subtitles weren't precise, compared to CMS, who really blew me away with their release. Telling me "oh but the difference isn't going to change much of the experiences" is ****ing wrong, ESPECIALLY for a show dependent on it's dialogue. It's as if you're saying "Oh, a show that's pretty much people talking the entire time? Better not take the most precise subtitles because who the **** cares about minor differences and lesser precision in the subs"

And even with that, qIIq's subs were fine, coalgirls didn't need to change them, SO WHY THE **** DID THEY? I'm not talking about minor changes, they literally changed entire sentences for no real reason, making mistakes on the way, mistakes that were not present in qIIq's original subtitles.

Here, read the reviews if you haven't had enough, These reviews are here to give you a good idea about what I mean exactly.

http://crymore.net/2013/01/04/fansub-review-utw-mazui-nekomonogatari-episode-01/
http://crymore.net/2012/02/13/fansub-review-shini-subs-nisemonogatari-episode-05/
http://crymore.net/2012/01/16/fansub-review-commie-nisemonogatari-episode-02/
BEST: http://crymore.net/2012/01/15/fansub-review-cms-nisemonogatari-episode-01/

This one is the most important, if you want a good idea about the amount precision in each release and how much better ANE's is.

http://crymore.net/2012/12/26/translation-party-bakemonogatari-episode-01

Has anyone here seen Eden of the East?
Specifically Baka and Searz
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2013 5:03am | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

Contrary to what you said searz, no their subs were from qIIq.

Where did I make any kind of statement on this?
That's not contrary to anything I can remember writing..

Quoted:
*GRAAAWWR, bad subs, GRAAAAWWR
also, reviews, GRAAAWWR!*

Chill the balls out, bro.
It's ****ing anime subs we're talking about here.

Now, the question arises: why did you not make this comment in the first place?
You didn't explain squat and you expect us to all agree with you?
Again, please use your brain.. (that means think; actually spend time thinking about what you're writing)

The reviews you listed does not give a good idea of what you mean. Those are not the groups we were discussing.
But again, you're making ****ing mountains out of molehills. This discussion is just silly with the amount of bias and immaturity you're bringing to the table. I will end this discussion if nothing useful comes out of your next comment.

Doing that Translation Party I got:
"Overall scores...
qIIq: 5 times
Koharubi: 11 times
gg: 9 times
Aniplex: 10 times
Looks like your best bet is Koharubi"

And those are the scores of somebody that is good at English, considerably better than you for example.
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2013 5:13am | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

Is it good? It's on my download list but I have read that it's tagged "Josei" (Made for young adult women/girls only) so I don't know ..
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2013 8:21am | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

I watched the first few episodes. It wasn't bad, but it didn't grab me and pull me into the plot, either, which isn't good for a plot-driven anime. Hell, it didn't even actually make a big enough impression on me for me to really remember why I stopped watching it.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2013 11:46am | Report
How the hell did you get more than 19...
You generally only want to pick one for each question
Also, if you actually check the comments and votes
Pretty much everyone voted for gg and had an outcome with gg having the most

@Baka, you should really watch it. I started the first episode yesterday and was a bit disappointed when it ended. I really think you should watch it, the story is amazing and always keeps you thinking about what could come next and why certain characters did or are doing certain things.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2013 1:50pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

How the hell did you get more than 19...
You generally only want to pick one for each question
Also, if you actually check the comments and votes
Pretty much everyone voted for gg and had an outcome with gg having the most

I pick all the answers that sounded good.
I put more emphasis on how well built the sentences are and how well they flow than the literal meaning of the words. Edit: Scratch that, I care the most about grammar and how well sentences are built.

People have different tastes, we can't out call one of them flat better than the other; hence your lists are very dumb.
Also, one thing to note on that most people pick gg's translations is that most people are worse than me at English :P
"Gold can't buy you rape." - Mr Sark
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2013 1:55pm | Report
I'm sure the world would just love to know how someone like Cuddowls would choose to translate the shiroto dotei line from Bakemonogatari since he is such a master of Japanese who understands the jokes. (In Japanese.)
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2013 1:58pm | Report
astrolia wrote:

I'm sure the world would just love to know how someone like Cuddowls would choose to translate the shiroto dotei line from Bakemonogatari since he is such a master of Japanese who understands the jokes. (In Japanese.)

Inb4 he googles it.
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2013 2:09pm | Report
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2013 2:32pm | Report

To be fair, the literal translation was much funnier; I laughed really hard :D
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide