Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 71 of 334
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2013 3:35pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Or highschool of the dead :D

Hey. Highschool of the Dead may have had stupid amounts of fanservice, but it was actually a pretty solid zombie survival anime otherwise. And the boob-bullet-time scene was so stupid it was hilarious.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Arcana3
<Altruistic Artist>
Arcana3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2013 3:39pm | Report
^ IT WAS AMAZING! ALSO ITS COMING BACK :D
Thanks to everyone that has made me a sig!

Lacorpse JhoiJhoi Missmaw Xiron Xiao Kat CM Nameless Tinystar Me

Feel Free to +rep if I helped you out
Arcana3
<Altruistic Artist>
Arcana3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2013 3:41pm | Report
Who seem psycho-pass? i loved it :D
Thanks to everyone that has made me a sig!

Lacorpse JhoiJhoi Missmaw Xiron Xiao Kat CM Nameless Tinystar Me

Feel Free to +rep if I helped you out
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2013 3:42pm | Report
lifebaka wrote:

And the boob-bullet-time scene was so stupid it was hilarious.

Yup, that was actually one of the most hilarious scenes in the video ^_^

This is so stupid it might even go in my sig with all the stupid quotes I've got there.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2013 5:54pm | Report

I'm actually watching now that I'm not at work. The "shut up Shinji" line is the best so far. (I can explain, if anyone wants. It's from End of Eva and is... Well... Totally ****ed up.)

The spit fetish anime, Nazo no Kanojo X, was supposed to be weird. It was a deliberate exploration of weird fetishes and deliberately fetishizing something nonstandard for the anime/manga scene. It was actually pretty good, except that the two main characters started going out in episode 1 and then very little happens besides minor spit fetish every episode, the main male character being a stereotypical Japanese anime male about female characters, and some relatively light fanservice (by modern standards, although it did get heavier towards the end); you know, the standard romcom issue of not actually having enough episodes of content, so you just draw out the little you have over too long and the series as a whole suffers. Since I watch a ton of anime that is, honestly, about relationships, it was a really nice change of pace. The animation style is a nice throwback, as well.

I really like that most of the background images when he's talking about anime without fanservice are from Madoka. Beyond the too-short skirts and all-female cast, there's basically no fanservice in the series, which is strange considering that the genre its deconstructing is fairly full of fanservice.

To respond to the video, though, if the noticeable jump to the amount of fanservice happened around 2007-2008... That rather nicely coincides with the drop in the US stock market and start of the oh-so-fun worldwide recession. It seems pretty likely that the amount of current fanservice in anime, then, is due to the need to make anime that are going to make money (sex always sells). I don't know too terribly much about the anime industry, but I imagine it works at least somewhat similarly to the way Hollywood works here, in that studios aren't really willing to take big risks in times of economic turmoil. They are much more likely to play it safe for guaranteed money through things like comic book adaptions (which are selling really well), action movies (which generally make decent money), or sequel/prequel stuff (cashing back in on stuff that's already worked). For anime, this is probably why we're not seeing as many cerebral series and much more slice of life, romance, and stereotypical shonen. It may also have to do with the switch from Naruto regular to Shippuden (I don't really know, but the timing in 2007 isn't too far off) and the start of the Fairy Tail anime (in 2009), as anime studios really wanted to cash in on existing successful manga series. It could explain the increasing sexualization of the -monogatari series, as well.

If I'm right about the fanservice having to do with economics, it'd stand to reason that after the worldwide economy starts to pick up a bit more we should start to see more series that either don't bother with fanservice at all to tell their stories or otherwise rely on it less to carry them. It'll take time for series relying too much on fanservice to flop altogether, if they ever do, simply because they won't stop making money until better series (probably still with fanservice) come along to compete with them.

Also, Searz, I'm getting a 403 forbidden error on that .gif.

YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2013 7:29pm | Report
I'm sorry to derail the fanservice topic going at the moment, but I have just finished watching Ano Hana for the first time.

I cried ...I can't believe I cried.

I don't know if anyone else watched it but really, the story, that last episode...my eyes don't wanna dry up, I'm falling in love with this anime. Damn it I'm 19 and cried like a 10 y/o.
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2013 8:14pm | Report
I'm just going to say this for the sake of reminding people

Spoiler: Click to view

Also: Coalgirls' of Toradora wasn't that bad actually
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2013 10:12pm | Report
Welp, I just finished Toradora! And I have to say, the idea that it doesn't have a clear cut main romance plotline is just straight up wrong. It was pretty obvious how things were eventually going to turn out from halfway through episode 1. It was a hell of a lot of fun getting there, of course, but seriously, it's not hard to predict which characters are going to end up together.

I do rather wish it hadn't gotten so bloody series towards the end, though. A lot of series do that, and I'd really enjoy having something that stays relatively lighthearted throughout for a change.

In regards to the Coalgirls subs of Toradora!, I didn't notice any weirdness after the first four episodes. Of course, that's probably because I got drawn more into the series and watched about 13 episodes in a day and wasn't really paying attention any more. But the translation issues were pretty small anyway, and not terribly immersion-breaking even when I was noticing them.

MrCuddowls wrote:

I'm just going to say this for the sake of reminding people

Unless people have goofed and actually spoiled things (which a quick review of recent posts doesn't seem to indicate), there's no reason to remind us to use spoilers.

EDIT: I also just finished Sakurasou. The ending feels like a massive cop-out on the romance plotlines (which is what episode 1 promised), honestly, and is a silly setup for a second season with most of the old cast and some new characters. So... It'd say that Sakurasou is overall decent, if you don't mind that whole ending-that's-not-an-ending thing.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2013 1:52am | Report
YayaFTW wrote:

I'm sorry to derail the fanservice topic going at the moment, but I have just finished watching Ano Hana for the first time.

I cried ...I can't believe I cried.

I don't know if anyone else watched it but really, the story, that last episode...my eyes don't wanna dry up, I'm falling in love with this anime. Damn it I'm 19 and cried like a 10 y/o.

That ending felt really forced, lol.
So much screaming and loud bawing that was incredibly out of place.
lifebaka wrote:

The spit fetish anime, Nazo no Kanojo X, was supposed to be weird.

He's watched them all. :o
Quoted:
Also, Searz, I'm getting a 403 forbidden error on that .gif.

Ah, balls. It's the bullet-time-boobies.
lifebaka wrote:

Welp, I just finished Toradora! And I have to say, the idea that it doesn't have a clear cut main romance plotline is just straight up wrong. It was pretty obvious how things were eventually going to turn out from halfway through episode 1. It was a hell of a lot of fun getting there, of course, but seriously, it's not hard to predict which characters are going to end up together.

Yea, but did anyone here actually say that it wasn't clear-cut?
Quoted:
I do rather wish it hadn't gotten so bloody series towards the end, though. A lot of series do that, and I'd really enjoy having something that stays relatively lighthearted throughout for a change.

True. That would be a nice change of pace. Things always seem to escalate.

MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2013 5:35am | Report
Has anyone watched to love ru darkness
I hear it has a plot but im reluctant about watching all of to love ru to watch it
So is it worth watching

Also, JoJo's bizarre adventure, how is it
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Kamisama Hajimema****a
Zetsuen no Tempest
Shinsekai yori

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide