Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 204 of 334
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2014 7:09pm | Report
I thought about writing something about it, but that's like the fourth manga serie it has, so it's quite old and you would need to have watched/read the previous ones to understand it. The very first serie as anime was released when I was little and looks like the art in the lastest manga is similiar to the first manga release +25 years ago. - The actual art in manga is much better.

Previous manga serie of it "Ginga Densetsu Weed" has already more like 2000s art.

Propably the only manga serie I have bought and watched as it's dated back to my childhood and the new manga serie Orion, which is now available for me to buy is very interesting. - In the other hand I think I'm quite alone as a fan of the serie as it's dated really back.

First manga of it is Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin (OR Ginga Legend Riki. Released later, but tells about the backstory of main characters)

PlotIfStillReading

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2014 7:47pm | Report
Okay. I don't think I'll read it.
Thanks for the summary though.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2014 7:54pm | Report
Gonna be a slowpoke here and ask: What are your impressions of Kill la Kill?
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2014 8:56pm | Report
Mine? I didn't watch it.
I'm not all that into anime, because I feel like there is more low quality anime than there is manga, comparatively.
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2014 9:39pm | Report
Satella wrote:

Gonna be a slowpoke here and ask: What are your impressions of Kill la Kill?

Looked like it had promise, as apparently-brainless anime go. Hell, it's probably worth watching, since I'm given to understand that it's supposed to be an allegory about how being a young woman going through puberty and coming to terms with a changing body is really awkward (through the medium of gratuitous violence and nonsensical plot). Still, after the super-blatant **** shaming in the first episode, I couldn't really deal with it, myself. If you like the look of it, give it a go. Just remember that it's going to be really awkward and involve a lot of sexualizing of the female form, because that's really what it's trying to talk about.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2014 3:04am | Report
lifebaka wrote:

Looked like it had promise, as apparently-brainless anime go. Hell, it's probably worth watching, since I'm given to understand that it's supposed to be an allegory about how being a young woman going through puberty and coming to terms with a changing body is really awkward (through the medium of gratuitous violence and nonsensical plot). Still, after the super-blatant **** shaming in the first episode, I couldn't really deal with it, myself. If you like the look of it, give it a go. Just remember that it's going to be really awkward and involve a lot of sexualizing of the female form, because that's really what it's trying to talk about.

It's awesome anime, key to watching it is to take everything as parody of something. Of course it's super awkward in some moments, it's the point of anime.
" involve a lot of sexualizing of the female form" ->it also does that for males, warning: glowing red nipples and stripping guys all the time.
I heard people compare this to tengen toppa gurren lagann, i can't comment on that comparison because i haven't watched TTGL till the end.
Anyways, if you like satire, you should watch it.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2014 5:29am | Report
Vaan99 wrote:

Of course it's super awkward in some moments, it's the point of anime.

That's a wild generalization if I ever saw one.
Quoted:
It's awesome anime, key to watching it is to take everything as parody of something.
Anyways, if you like satire, you should watch it.

I think you're giving it too much credit. I find it more likely that it's just mindless action/fun.
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2014 10:05am | Report
Even if you just accept it as mindless action and fun it is idd still good.
The last 2 episodes especially. The plot is really interesting and will keep me watching for a while now :p

About Mangas, I generally try to find interesting mangas without thos indecisive MC. It is hard and most of them either get axed/dropped/take a turn to the worse. I guess most japanese just like to identify themselves with those helpless weaklings.

Anyway, short mangas that might seem interesting:
Lying Mii-kun and Broken Maa-chan. A 5 Chapter adaption of a 11 Volume LN. The 5 Chapters only include Vol 1-3 or so I think. Or Vol 1 Ch1-3? Not sure anymore.
Basically 2 teenagers that were victims of some crazy guy. They grow up and obviously the two of them somehow have a screw lose. It is a fast and interesting read.

Anorexia - Shikabane Hanako wa Kyoshokushou
A manga about a strange family and their lifestyle. A boy gets dragged into it and discovers the cruel nature of their tradtitions.

Tom Sawyer
Yes a Manga which name seems quite familiar?
It has nothing to do with the real Tom Sawyer, err or maybe something. I never really read the real Tom Sawyer.
But this one is a bout a young woman going back to her hometown and playing with kids. That's it, but it's a refreshing read and has a nice ending to it.

SHINOBI NO KUNI
A manga about ninjas and their harsh and greedy way of living. A ninja sets out to earn money for his wife to be. In addition the ninja tribes have fights with each other while they wear masks, totally normal for them to kill each other. But then a war against samurai approaches and drama begins.

Ichi
A manga about a blind goze in ancient times. She travels around with a friend to fulfil tasks.
The story takes place in the period of the America / Japan conflict. (guns vs swords etc).

Lasboss x Hero
That's probably the most mainstream one in this list. But basically a mangaka getting drawn into his own manga world and discovers his ability to control the world buy drawing scenes.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2014 6:31pm | Report
xIchi wrote:

About Mangas, I generally try to find interesting mangas without thos indecisive MC. It is hard and most of them either get axed/dropped/take a
turn to the worse. I guess most japanese just like to identify themselves with those helpless weaklings.

I don't really care as long as the manga itself isn't generic or boring. I'll admit that character archetype does easily get boring though.
I've read a ****-ton of manga, so if you want something to read I can probably recommend something you haven't read.

I'll probably read all the manga you posted, at least a chapter each.

The synopsis for Anorexia and Shinobi brings me bad omens though.

I have read a little of Lasboss x Hero before. It's not very good..
I find it ironic that the mangaka(in the manga) claims his manga to be full of holes while the manga itself(Lasboss) is full of holes too.
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2014 6:48am | Report
As the mangaka in Lasboxx x Hero said, the characters can only be as smart as the author himself.
The idea was good, but the mangaka just fell into the holes as you said :D
Yeah if you can recommend me some with badass MC (especially) or epic story. Go ahead :D
Epic story isn't restricted to setting btw, feel free to recommend anything :p

About Anorexia and Shinobi, I'd highly recommend Shinobi, the story is good and well rounded to the end.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide