Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 206 of 334
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 4:48pm | Report
IPodPulse wrote:

The original 2003-2004 one. I plan on watching brotherhood as well. Also isn't brotherhood based off the manga?

Both are based off the manga, but the old one deviated from the official plot and ended prematurely.
I've seen that one and read the manga. The old anime really borked up the ending..

Honesty I'm not. Did I miss another party?

There's a strong blind character in One Piece. A world where eating a fruit somehow grants you abilities that defy the laws of physics. My point being that it's okay when little of the story is based off the real world, but when it's heavily based in reality then unrealistic things really stand out.
Quoted:
I had hoped you'd say that, Mirai Nikki postponed yet again.

Glad to hear that :)
Come back if you liked it. I could recommend a few more :)
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 6:30pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Both are based off the manga, but the old one deviated from the official plot and ended prematurely.
I've seen that one and read the manga. The old anime really borked up the ending.

More specifically, the older series caught up to the manga around halfway through the anime's run, so they had to make up the rest. And they couldn't just ask the mangaka what happened next, because the mangaka hadn't actually decided yet. Which is why they're different. So... while I agree that Brotherhood's ending (which I'm told is very similar to the manga's) is better, I'm not really comfortable with saying that the first series made mistakes.

Brotherhood does kinda' assume that you've seen the first series and glosses over a lot of the less important early events in the chonology, though, so it's generally good to watch both. You never actually get to see Edward become a State Alchemist in Brotherhood, for instance, and that was kinda' cool.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 7:44pm | Report
^Or you just read the manga and get the best of them both ;P

Nazi germany out of nowhere. It's kind of hilarious if you think about it.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2014 4:46pm | Report
Alright I'm coming back to my earlier statement. I think the end is so ****ty I wouldn't dare putting anyone through the trouble of watching it. God what a blunder. It had so much potential.

Or perhaps I just didn't get a thing from it because I've never been interested in the bible, but I doubt it.

Sorry NGE, but you shall not pass.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 22, 2014 5:16pm | Report

Alright I'm coming back to my earlier statement. I think the end is so ****ty I wouldn't dare putting anyone through the trouble of watching it. God what a blunder. It had so much potential.

Or perhaps I just didn't get a thing from it because I've never been interested in the bible, but I doubt it.

Sorry NGE, but you shall not pass.

Eva's ending is terrible because Gainax kinda' ran out of money at the end. Hell, they hadn't even expected it to get that far; they'd expected to go bankrupt by then. Try watching End of Eva. Just be aware that it's a little more... Adult. (Shinji jerks off to unconscious Asuka in the first five minutes.)
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2014 9:29am | Report
^Thanks! I'm watching it right now. And thanks for the warning, I didn't see that coming.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2014 10:16am | Report
any new anime to look into lately?

watched first couple episodes of 'space dandy' and liking it thus far.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2014 12:56pm | Report
Soo I finally finished Shinobi No Kuni. It was good.

It was really good in some parts, but the ending left me kind of disappointed..
It was just silly how XXX died. YYY should not have gone about it that way, I mean, come on..
It feels kind of like the author getting ideas that he thought were really cinematic and cool and then trying to weave them into a story where they don't make sense.
I think I'd still recommend giving it a read though, despite the disappointing ending.
"every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning,"" - Colin Campbell
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2014 1:02pm | Report
Any new anime similar to Shinsekai yori or Psycho-Pass? :3
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2014 1:28pm | Report
Just finished 22 episodes of Kill La Kill, 25 of Sword Art Online, and 8 episodes of Space Dandy. All average. I would recommend kill la kill if you like fan service with humor. SOA...meh...is okay but nothing to write home about. Dandy is funny. If you like a mix of fan service and humor with the styling of like a samurai champloo you should enjoy it.

Kill la Kill prolly a 7/10

SOA prolly a 6.5/10

Dandy prolly a 7.5/10

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide