Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account






Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 208 of 334
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
2633
Joined:
Feb 5th, 2013
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2014 2:35pm | Report
didn't realize everyone was so into scoring. well if you want it to be uniform create a scoring guideline and implement it in this forum. We can make the scoring more uniform so it translates...but ultimately most judging is in the eye of the beholder unless you can somehow come up with a scoring scheme that is completely objective...though that seems pretty much impossible when it comes to anime.

1-4? yeah you have to be really bad. i do put inuyasha and DBZ in the 4-5 range though. i would prolly put yasha lower but sesshomaru is a bad ***.

when i was teaching chemistry i remember giving a number of 0-2's. In most cases the work was incomplete or never turned in. so if i find an anime that fits that i would probably assign it a 0-2 ;)


Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2014 5:10pm | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

Aye, review scoring is stupid. People should change to 1-5 instead of 1-10 since 1-4 is not being used anyway.

Or just stop using halves and keep to whole numbers on the 10 scale.
That reminds me. I don't use 4s too often. I use 5s a lot, but not 4s. I should use them more.
xIchi wrote:

Well if it's just stupid, then why do most schools are like that.

Because grammar.

Seriously though, your point is really, really dumb.
Not only are you merely guessing the scoring method of most schools, but you're also correlating correctness with usage/prevalence.
I mean, just because most people in America treated slaves like dirt doesn't make it correct.

A scoring system like that is really stupid.
Try to change it on the off-chance that you get into politics.
YayaFTW wrote:

Actually online ratings are better translated this way:

That wasn't an especially helpful list..
Quoted:
The point I'm trying to make here is that online ratings are heavily influenced by people's taste.

ALL ratings are influenced by peoples' tastes.
The problem is that Anime and Manga is a more niche market that caters heavily to the fanbase. As such ratings become less reliable and should only be looked at as a gauge of the value of said work from the view of a single person. Aggregates like the scores on MyAnimeList are nigh useless.
Quoted:
Using the lower scale would only bring imbalance even though its more logic.

Yes, its more logic..

It wouldn't bring imbalance because there was none from the start. If the balance is skewed heavily in one direction you can hardly call it balance..
Quoted:
Right now the scale is: 9-10 great / 8-9 very good / 7-8 good / 6-7 decent / 5-6 below average / 4-5 Mediocre.

I think you've mixed up the last two..
Mediocre is synonymous with average.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1806
Joined:
Oct 19th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2014 4:51am | Report
Note to myself: Proofread everything before posting when talking to Searz.
Note to myself2: Do not try to actually talk to Searz.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2014 6:29am | Report
I simply point out stupidity where I see it.

YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1130
Joined:
May 7th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2014 7:58am | Report
Searz wrote:

Yes, its more logic..

It wouldn't bring imbalance because there was none from the start. If the balance is skewed heavily in one direction you can hardly call it balance..


More logical*, sorry :D

I think I misused the word "Balance" here. What I mean is that it's hard to change something that has been around for so long that it became the general consensus among the anime / manga community.

In my country for example, most people don't know how to convert Fahrenheit into Celsius. If someone asks me about the temperature outside and I answer him in Fahrenheit, he'd probably understand that it's cold or hot, but he wouldn't know how exactly cold / hot it is.

I'm pretty sure my example sucks because both Fahrenheit and Celsius are legitimate units of measuring temperature whereas our ghetto anime rating isn't "legit" compared to a full scale correct rating.

xIchi wrote:

Note to myself: Proofread everything before posting when talking to Searz.
Note to myself2: Do not try to actually talk to Searz.


I personally don't mind the fact that he corrects our english.

I'd better know where I'm mistaken than be left ignorant.

He's actually doing us a favor, I'm pretty sure he could just not bother correcting our english and getting straight to the point but we're the ones losing here.

For example, I learnt today that "More logic" is wrong because "Logic" is a noun, not an adjective.

Offtopic
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1806
Joined:
Oct 19th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2014 8:27am | Report
Idm when ppl tell me if sth is wrong, but in this case he unnessecary highlighted it while not really responding to the actual arguement. 2 times in a row.

His inability to actually discuss subjects was already shown in the Runaans debate, why did I forget...
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
2633
Joined:
Feb 5th, 2013
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2014 8:52am | Report
I think searz and GMD are the best known grammar Nazis on Mobafire. Just let it slide off you. I consider myself fairly competent with the English language, but writing on forums? I just write however I want. There is a point of bad English that becomes unreadable though. So in some cases correction is required.



Thanks to Hogopogo for my signature!

extradelicious
<Lucky Charm>
extradelicious's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
246
Joined:
Sep 24th, 2013
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2014 11:38am | Report
i came here for manga/anime, see pages of ... ?
does not compute
Proud Coach of MHS League of Legends Teams.
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
2633
Joined:
Feb 5th, 2013
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2014 11:41am | Report
^ it is all my fault cause of me scoring the anime i most recently watched.

back to anime i started watching:

'High school of the undead' (OH THE FAN SERVICE)

and

'Zero/Fate' (starting a little slow but i think it has some potential)

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1806
Joined:
Oct 19th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2014 12:36pm | Report
HSOTD will.. well you basically just said waht it's about :p.

Zero/Fate, ppl have been saying that alot was cut off and is only availalbe in the blu-ray :/

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide