Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 207 of 334
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2014 2:21pm | Report

Kill la Kill prolly a 7/10

SOA prolly a 6.5/10

Dandy prolly a 7.5/10

A tip: lower all those scores by 1 and you'll have more space to differentiate between good anime.
I mean, 5/10 should be average/meh.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2014 5:06pm | Report
hmm not a bad idea. actually when i put new animes into my compiled anime list (holy **** i have seen 27 anime series) i tend to re-adjust scores as needed. but when i score something on a 10 point scale i score it like a grade in class were 90 = A- and 6.5 = D. so that means 7.5 = C or you could say a C = passing but not great aka average.

Thanks to Hogopogo for my signature!

xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2014 7:01am | Report
I agree to Bio,
5/10 is average in terms of numbers,
but if we go for the entertainment point of view, everything below 6 or 7 is utterly super trash that should never be touched :p
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2014 8:51am | Report
lol way to put it softly ichi XD

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2014 9:08am | Report
Why not increase the maximum score to 12, then? :P

I've finally finished End of Evangelion. I really recommend it to anyone watching the main series. It puts the main series overall in a better spot on the list. Just replace the last two chapters of the main series with this, you won't miss a thing. This is the last time I'm coming back on my opinion of this series, I promise.

I didn't feel like reading SnK yet so I started watching Monogatari Second Season. Enjoying it so far, even if just for the nostalgia.
Spoiler: Click to view

Still following Koe no Katachi too. Though I hope it'll get to a conclusion before it loses the "bang" of the plot.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2014 1:58pm | Report

Still following Koe no Katachi too. Though I hope it'll get to a conclusion before it loses the "bang" of the plot.

Yeah, I feel the same way.
If it drags on it will not end well.
xIchi wrote:

I agree to Bio,

No, you agree with Bio.
Quoted:
but if we go for the entertainment point of view, everything below 6 or 7 is utterly super trash that should never be touched :p

That's actually just stupid.

How many times do you actually rate a series in the lower regions (below 5)?
1 out of every X0 series you watch?

I am of the firm belief that you should use the entire scale for scoring. It's not meant for decoration, the lower parts of the scale serve a purpose.
Anything below a certain point is not worth watching anyways (you even wrote this yourself), so why inflate the scale toward the end? It makes no sense. Stop the stupidity.
"Gold can't buy you rape." - Mr Sark
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2014 2:14pm | Report
Sorry for not using super proper english, bleh.

And I think I did use the whole scale, allthough I do not rate animes anymore.

Well if it's just stupid, then why do most schools are like that.
In germany until 11th grade, 1-6 is the scale, whereas 1 is the best and the moment you are at 3- you are pretty much **** at studying and should consider not even going past 10th grade (to be suuuper harsh).
Same for the 0-15 (15 highest) after 10th grade, where you should really think when hitting 7 and below.

In the end, 0-10 in the view of entertainment is simple.
7-10 are enjoyable, below is just simple entertainment but not something people would watch over all.
For example trash tv in the noon. You can watch it, it's not utterly 0 points worth, since you can still watch it, but you would never watch it if you were to choose, therefore 5~ points?
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2014 2:16pm | Report
xIchi wrote:

I agree to Bio,

Actually online ratings are better translated this way:

- When a viewer watches an anime of his favourite genre:
8-10: Great
7-8: Good
6-7: Decent
5-6: Mediocre

- When a viewer watches an anime of a genre he neither likes or hates:
8-10: Good
7-8: Decent
6-7: Mediocre
5-6: Unwatchable

- When a viewer watches an anime of a genre he dislikes:
8-10: Decent
7-8: Mediocre
6-7: Unwatchable
5-6: Beyond trash

The point I'm trying to make here is that online ratings are heavily influenced by people's taste.

This leads to the fact that ratings are also influenced by the popularity of the anime genre.

Anime that belong to a popular genre have a less precise rating that sometimes doesn't even depict the reality.

Shonens are the perfect example to explain what I'm talking about. Fairy Tail, DBZ, Naruto etc are all borderline mediocre to most of us. Yet they hold the highest ranks in the charts.

Sports anime like "One Outs" on the other hand have a rating that they can actually back up with the fact that they're actually good, because only Sports anime amateurs are the ones who'd watch a sports anime and correctly rate it, whereas the popularity of "Fairy Tail" for example draws anime watchers that are just not into shonens and join the sheep cattle, upvote and pretend its good.

EDIT: I also prefer if we use the full scale when rating an anime. However the scale would be imbalanced taking into consideration the current scale of rating anime.

It's almost conventional to rate an anime only between 4 and 9. Almost everyone who isn't biased or doesn't have some kind of injustified hatred towards an anime wouldn't rate a 10/10 or a 0/10.

Using the lower scale would only bring imbalance even though its more logic.

Right now the scale is: 9-10 great / 8-9 very good / 7-8 good / 6-7 decent / 5-6 below average / 4-5 Mediocre.

If we use the lower scale we'd either have to widen the range of the current rating margins, or add new rating interpretations. The issue here is that people who are already familiar with the current rating system will have a hard time to cope with the new margins and eventually just ignore them.
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2014 2:22pm | Report
holy **** yaya is still alive!

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2014 2:26pm | Report
Searz wrote:

I am of the firm belief that you should use the entire scale for scoring. It's not meant for decoration, the lower parts of the scale serve a purpose.
Anything below a certain point is not worth watching anyways (you even wrote this yourself), so why inflate the scale toward the end? It makes no sense. Stop the stupidity.

Aye, review scoring is stupid. People should change to 1-5 instead of 1-10 since 1-4 is not being used anyway.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide