Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 93 of 334
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2013 2:31pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Just a quick query, so see how check the waters:
1. Are there several love interests?
2. Are there more than 2 love interests?
3. Does the main character conveniently get to know all the girls (assuming it's a guy) one by one before starting any kind of relationship?
4. Are there convenient accidental romantic moments with all or most of the love interests?

If two or more are 'yes', then I think it's pretty safe for me to skip it.

1. Yes
2. No. 2 Main love interests, then there's these "side love interests" that are made just to spice up the main ones.
3. No. One girl is being taken care of by his own parents, yet they rarely ever talked or met inside the house or at school, and the other girl is someone who is weird enough that she can't really be figured out.
4. No. Only one accident because of that hopeless girl who couldn't keep her lips to herself.

But I think that it's a safe skip for you. You're right it was bias from me because I felt this kind of Nostalgia or something when I was watching it lol. Maybe if I didn't watch it years ago I wouldn't feel this ...attached to it as a part of my childhood.

Quoted:

The first anime I chose to watch was Elfen Lied. It's pretty good.
It also has graphic violence and nudity. My sister walked in when I had the ED up once (the ED has nudity). That was a bit awkward. I was like 14 at the time.

Elfen Lied was the second anime I've watched after True Tears lol. I still have this thought clear in my head when I've seen my first anime boobies, I was like "Hmm...I need to learn how to draw like this".

I still remember watching it 360p on Youtube with ****py eng subs and the episodes being separated into 2 parts, 12 mins each :P
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2013 2:38pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

If it takes 7 episodes for a 13 episode anime to go anywhere in terms of plot, it is not worth watching.

7 episodes is just the half of the anime. There's 6 more left, how can you judge the plot this early lol. Well hope for a plot twist then :p
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2013 3:05pm | Report
YayaFTW wrote:

I wanted to ask, what's the very first anime you've watched? The one that made you discover Japanese animation?

I think the first anime I watched was Trigun, about a decade ago. I watched a lot of action anime back when I was getting into the genre. I didn't develop my romcom obsession until much more recently.

Also, I'll try to remember to look into True Tears. It looks like it'd be right up my alley.

MrCuddowls wrote:

If it takes 7 episodes for a 13 episode anime to go anywhere in terms of plot, it is not worth watching.

Eh. That just means that it has bad pacing. Anime with bad pacing can still be worth watching, for a lot of reasons.

The biggest problem I have with Cudd's statement is the phrase "worth watching". That phrase is incredibly nebulous, as there are tons of reasons why it could be worth watching any given anime. Perhaps it has good fight scenes, perhaps its art style is unique and interesting, perhaps the development of a certain relationship is compelling in and of itself. Sometimes these things can be taken out of context and enjoyed (or analyzed or whatever) just as well (such as this scene from Clannad, which you should all watch if you haven't), and sometimes they cannot. There are too many things that can make a series worth the time spent watching it, and it's too dependent on the exact person watching, for us to be able to make any sort of useful claims about whether or not an anime is "worth watching" based solely upon a single element.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2013 7:30am | Report
Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 10 is out

http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=441257
Hogopogo
<Altruistic Artist>
Hogopogo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2013 7:35am | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 10 is out

http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=441257

Was just on chapter 43 of this manga :D
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2013 1:55am | Report
OOooOOooOOohhh, Episode 10 of Shingeki was easily one of the best so far. It was done really well.
It seems the 'plugging' ordeal will take about 2 episodes more now. Then there's political intrigue on the menu! :D
Hogopogo wrote:

Was just on chapter 43 of this manga :D

There's major spoilers in that for anyone not having read it yet :D

Also, CHAPTER 46 JUST OUT
Noooooo, *****y-girl is gonna sacrifice herself for holy girl :((((
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2013 9:00am | Report
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2013 11:26am | Report
whatching Bakemonogatari. seen it, done it... meh.

Sig made by elenah
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2013 2:55pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Video

What the...
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2013 3:03pm | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

whatching Bakemonogatari. seen it, done it... meh.

Bakemonogatari, "meh"?

"Meh"? Really?

My taste in anime is this bad?

Anyways 5 episodes left for Ergo Proxy, can't wait to see how it's going to turn out.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide