Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire Community Nuzlocke Challenge

Creator: OTGBionicArm February 18, 2014 1:03pm
What do you think of this contest idea?
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2014 10:07pm | Report
aerodactyl would be a terrible HM slave since you wont be getting him until after the 7th gym so youd only use him for the sevii islands and victory road

whereas you can just use snorlax for surf/strength/rock smash/whatever else cuz i dont think it can learn flash or cut
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2014 11:34pm | Report
Alternatively, Bidoof.

Oh **** that's right. Man, it's been a while since I've played anything before gen 5.
EdisonKhoo
<Guide Critic>
EdisonKhoo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2014 11:35pm | Report
There are bidoofs in Kanto???? O.o
jamespongebob
<Wingman>
jamespongebob's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2014 11:58pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

aerodactyl would be a terrible HM slave since you wont be getting him until after the 7th gym so youd only use him for the sevii islands and victory road

whereas you can just use snorlax for surf/strength/rock smash/whatever else cuz i dont think it can learn flash or cut

I am not a very practical person. :|

But why waste Snorlax as an HM slave? It's a lot stronger than most pokemon. Is there any other HM slave out there? I mean ones that learn all of the weak HMs (cut, flash etc.), since surf is actually a pretty good move, and Fly is passable if you're not battling competitively.
My Guides

EdisonKhoo
<Guide Critic>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2014 12:00am | Report
Well Surf, strength is a pretty good hm though, so I think its not a bad idea to let snorlax learn those.
Thanks to jhoijohi for this sig ^^
Check out my Syndra guide here
Dainou
<Member>
Dainou's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2014 3:25am | Report
Wondering over one thing, what the rule about encounter the same pokemon twice in 2 different routes? I read that some use the mercy rule of it not counting, so people doesn't end up with a team full of ratata and I wonder which are we going to go with?

Also now that we are discussion HM, take one of them we catch or if a NONE USABLE HM slave allowed?

Wondering so there is so question marks later and cause I read some do different things.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2014 5:42am | Report

I am not a very practical person. :|

But why waste Snorlax as an HM slave? It's a lot stronger than most pokemon. Is there any other HM slave out there? I mean ones that learn all of the weak HMs (cut, flash etc.), since surf is actually a pretty good move, and Fly is passable if you're not battling competitively.

Oddish works with Cut and Flash. You can catch it in the grass around where you meet Bill, right before Misty.

Snorlax is waaay too good to waste on being an HM slave. Especially if you get one with Thick Fat, which HALVES the damage taken from Fire and Ice moves.
Keep his Body Slam move (cuz 100% accuracy and 30% chance to paralyze is amazing), Snore (to be useful while asleep) and obviously Rest.
Then teach him Double Edge from that move teacher. Double Edge is normally not that great a move, but for Snorlax the damage taken is easily mitigated by his MASSIVE amount of HP and Rest.
He's now a massive ****ing powerhouse. He alone took down more than 10pokemon in the Elite 4 for me. And I went for a no-items run, never healing my pokemon with potions and such.
It's important that he has normal type moves, because of STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus). It makes normal type moves 50% more powerful when used by Snorlax.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
DKitten
<Member>
DKitten's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2014 6:12am | Report
List of Gift Pokemon:
Helix/Dome Fossil from Super Nerd in Mount Moon OR Old Amber from the Pewter Museum of Science - Pokemon are met at Cinnabar Island
Magikarp - Route 4 Pokemon Center Magikarp Salesman ($500)
Eevee - Karate Trainer on Celadon Mansion rooftop
Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan - Fighting Dojo in Saffron City
Lapras - Silph Co. 7F
Togepi (Egg) - Water Labrynth near Five Island; old man gives it if first pokemon in party has high friendship.
Build Guides:

Humor Guides:

Welcome to the wonderful world of supports. How can I help you today?
EdisonKhoo
<Guide Critic>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2014 6:43am | Report
^ well u dun really need to lish the Togepi Egg alr, cause before that, we alr beaten the Elite four :p
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2014 8:47am | Report
Just got cut, i have yet to use another pokemon than my wartortle. Whom i named Shaco, who needs other pokemonsies anyways?
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide