Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account






Or

's Forum Avatar

Official hearthstone thread

Creator: Pølsemanden December 8, 2013 1:59pm
1091 posts - page 40 of 110
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2014 1:42pm | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

My random question: If I have 2 buffs doing the same thing and I have 2 minions on the board, would it be wiser to give each minion 1 buff or throw all my buffs on 1 minion?

In general you should spread the value of your units out, never focus too much in one, because of silence, poly, hex and more. This often means that you should buff cards that don't have passives, unless you need to for good trades ofc.

Edit: it kind of goes without saying, but if you know or strongly believe that the enemy will be pulling out AOE soon then you can ofc put both on one if it saves the unit from the AOE. That's probably a rare scenario tho.
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
7192
Joined:
Aug 3rd, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2014 1:45pm | Report
I agree with Thalia, I'd let it depend on the enemy's (possible) removal. In most cases I think spreading is probably the better choice.


Edit: wellp, I just managed to draft a Rogue deck without Assassinate, Sap, Fan of Knives, Eviscerate.. I have 3 Assassin's Blades somehow but no Deadly Poison to buff it... Not expecting too much from this, 1-0 for now though.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
3805
Joined:
Jan 6th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2014 12:43am | Report
why get assasin's blade number 3? you'll be dead by the time you get to use nr. 2-3.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!


"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
7192
Joined:
Aug 3rd, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2014 1:12am | Report
I took the first one because I wanted it and the other two because the other options were horrible. It's not like I wanted 3 blades, trust me :P

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
2580
Joined:
Aug 21st, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2014 1:44am | Report
For anyone wondering, it's lightning storm to clear my taunt, then 4 consecutive lightning bolts at 4 damage each followed up by a 7-9 elemental.

BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
6702
Joined:
Oct 27th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2014 3:34am | Report
I have enough dust for a new legendary, and of course I want to make sure I buy the right one. So to make sure that I do, I'd like to have your opinion, these are the legendaries I am considering:
- Deathwing
- Lord Jaraxxus
- King Mukla (for my charity deck)
- Gruul
- Ysera
- Hogger
- LEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOY NNNNNJENKINS
- Elite Tauren Chieftain (cuz swag)

I mainly play druid and shaman, therefore making jaraxxus less appealing, but yet it is a very swagelicious card. Any opinatos? :3
Change is gooooood
Picture by: MrMad2000

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2014 3:45am | Report

For anyone wondering, it's lightning storm to clear my taunt, then 4 consecutive lightning bolts at 4 damage each followed up by a 7-9 elemental.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you ever say it was in arena?
Wayne3100 wrote:

wellp, I just managed to draft a Rogue deck without Assassinate, Sap, Fan of Knives, Eviscerate.. I have 3 Assassin's Blades somehow but no Deadly Poison to buff it... Not expecting too much from this, 1-0 for now though.

Why would you grab sap?...
It's not especially good in general.

Assassin's Blade isn't all that good. It's decent, but grabbing 3 of them is like asking for death. I think you just made a poor draft honestly.
Also, Blade Flurry > Fan of Knives. (just make sure you get some deadly poison)

Honestly though, I don't think rogues are especially good in arena. Rogues are more reliant on well-built decks than other classes in my experience.
Hunter, Shaman and Warrior are also classes to stay away from in arena, because they're also reliant on correctly constructed decks to be strong, and that's not something you can rely on in arena.
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2014 3:54am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

I have enough dust for a new legendary, and of course I want to make sure I buy the right one. So to make sure that I do, I'd like to have your opinion, these are the legendaries I am considering:
- Deathwing
- Lord Jaraxxus
- King Mukla (for my charity deck)
- Gruul
- Ysera
- Hogger
- LEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOY NNNNNJENKINS
- Elite Tauren Chieftain (cuz swag)

I mainly play druid and shaman, therefore making jaraxxus less appealing, but yet it is a very swagelicious card. Any opinatos? :3

Out of those: Leeroy. He's amazing for early-power decks and for rushdown decks.

Buuuuut if you want arguably (argued by top-tier players, not only me) the best legendary in the game then craft Bloodmage Thalnos.
He fits in almost any decks, because almost every deck has spell damage and the fact that he cycles himself is a major thing.

I'd also like to note on the whole Engineer vs Hoarder debate: I think a general consensus can be reached that the Loot Hoarder is the better pick unless you want the buff potential that the engineers represent. The Hoarders trade make far better trades than the Engineers without buffs simply because they trade with other 2-cost units with 3/2.
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
7192
Joined:
Aug 3rd, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2014 5:17am | Report
Searz wrote:

Why would you grab sap?...
It's not especially good in general.

Assassin's Blade isn't all that good. It's decent, but grabbing 3 of them is like asking for death. I think you just made a poor draft honestly.
Also, Blade Flurry > Fan of Knives. (just make sure you get some deadly poison)

Honestly though, I don't think rogues are especially good in arena. Rogues are more reliant on well-built decks than other classes in my experience.
Hunter, Shaman and Warrior are also classes to stay away from in arena, because they're also reliant on correctly constructed decks to be strong, and that's not something you can rely on in arena.


My point was I have no way of simply removing strong minions from the board, even if only for a turn. I think Sap can be very good personally, but I wasn't trying to start a discussion on how good that card is to begin with.

I can't remember what the exact other options were, but trust me, they were much, much worse than getting another blade. I don't know why you always assume someone has probably just made a big mistake, it's honestly quite annoying :| I'm not exactly happy with how the deck turned out either, but not even getting Assassinate as an option once throughout the entire draft while getting an Assassin's Blade as an option 5 times in total is pretty dumb.

Also, I do have a Blade Flurry, luckily (but like I said, no Deadly Poison x_x).

As for rogues being bad in arena: I disagree, I think Rogues are good in arena because they generally have a lot of good early cards. I should also note that in this case my alternatives were Warrior and Shaman, sooooo... :P

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
6702
Joined:
Oct 27th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2014 5:24am | Report
Searz wrote:

Out of those: Leeroy. He's amazing for early-power decks and for rushdown decks.

Buuuuut if you want arguably (argued by top-tier players, not only me) the best legendary in the game then craft Bloodmage Thalnos.
He fits in almost any decks, because almost every deck has spell damage and the fact that he cycles himself is a major thing.

Pls, I dont want thalnos because he is hella boring, same reason why I didnt put Sylvanas in that list. And about Leeroy, well I don't really like rushdown decks, which makes me doubt even more about my decision :3
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Bludes
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide