Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account






Or

's Forum Avatar

Official hearthstone thread

Creator: Pølsemanden December 8, 2013 1:59pm
1091 posts - page 58 of 110
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 5:07am | Report
Kazega wrote:

pretty much jsut started playing... I have maybe ten or so games in PvP. The thing I am trying to figure out right now is what makes each class strong and playing to that.

I'm interested in The Rogue Hunter Druid and Mage decks.

I've posted this before, so I'll just re-post the tips and decks for new players.
A few tips for playing the game(click to show):


Here are a few super ghetto decks for new players.
These are obviously far from optimal because of the hard card restraints, but they should be far better than any of the basic decks you start out with.

The only cards you don't get for free that I include in these decks are the Loot Hoarders and the Harvest Golems. Those are probably the two best neutral common cards in the game. They can be run in every single deck and are extremely common in top-tier play right now.
Craft them. Craft them right now. (click the crafting button in "My Collection" and disenchant a card you're not using to get 100dust for two free common crafts)

Druid: mulligan (replace) all cards that cost more than 3 at the start of the game, unless you get an Innervate. Then you should keep 4 cost minions around (like Senjin Shieldmasta and Chillwind Yeti).
Savage Roar gives your hero 2 attack too.

Paladin: remember to only buff units on the turn you can attack with them.

Mage: you can use your hero power on your Gurubashi Berserker to buff him. Try to keep your Kobold Geomancer for when you're casting a spell that deals damage. He increases damage dealt by the spell by 1 and that can have some pretty big effects when using for example Arcane Explosion.

Priest: this is probably the worst of the decks, but feel free to try it. Make sure to use your hero power on your minions a lot when applicable.

YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1130
Joined:
May 7th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 5:33am | Report
I am here to confess a sin. I only went 4-3 with a shaman deck. I had 4 Fire elementals, 1 Earth elemental, 2 Lightning bolts, 2 lightning storms, 2 Harvest golems, 2 senjin shieldmaster, Onyxia, Hex, The black Knight, and excellent mana curve
How can I be this bad...
LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1196
Joined:
May 12th, 2013
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 7:29am | Report
YayaFTW-Do you know some sort of "Get great cards" code in Arena?

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1130
Joined:
May 7th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 8:54am | Report
LevasK wrote:

YayaFTW-Do you know some sort of "Get great cards" code in Arena?


Nah, but the RNGods are my homies
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1057
Joined:
Jun 5th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2014 7:48pm | Report
Searz wrote:


I've posted this before, so I'll just re-post the tips and decks for new players.
A few tips for playing the game(click to show):


Here are a few super ghetto decks for new players.
These are obviously far from optimal because of the hard card restraints, but they should be far better than any of the basic decks you start out with.

The only cards you don't get for free that I include in these decks are the Loot Hoarders and the Harvest Golems. Those are probably the two best neutral common cards in the game. They can be run in every single deck and are extremely common in top-tier play right now.
Craft them. Craft them right now. (click the crafting button in "My Collection" and disenchant a card you're not using to get 100dust for two free common crafts)

Druid: mulligan (replace) all cards that cost more than 3 at the start of the game, unless you get an Innervate. Then you should keep 4 cost minions around (like Senjin Shieldmasta and Chillwind Yeti).
Savage Roar gives your hero 2 attack too.

Paladin: remember to only buff units on the turn you can attack with them.

Mage: you can use your hero power on your Gurubashi Berserker to buff him. Try to keep your Kobold Geomancer for when you're casting a spell that deals damage. He increases damage dealt by the spell by 1 and that can have some pretty big effects when using for example Arcane Explosion.

Priest: this is probably the worst of the decks, but feel free to try it. Make sure to use your hero power on your minions a lot when applicable.

Not really what I asked. I've played magic for a while so I understand the basics of card games. I don't need how to play. I just was asking about each class and what makes them strong and unique.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2014 6:19am | Report
Kazega wrote:

Not really what I asked. I've played magic for a while so I understand the basics of card games. I don't need how to play. I just was asking about each class and what makes them strong and unique.

You were a tad bit unclear, but okay, I'll try to answer that.

Here are some archetypes that fit each of the classes.
Hunter: rushdown, combo and control.
Warlock: aggro, control and shields up/big-hand-lock(which is a control variant). Warlocks are very versatile.
Druid: can do pretty much any archetype well. Excels at mid to lategame decks.
Priest: control.
Paladin: aggro and lategame sustain.
Warrior: control, self-damage and legendaries (aka wincondition-city). OTK still works to some degree, but nowhere near the level of charging Molten Giants.
Mage: aggro and control. Control doesn't work nearly as well after the nerfs tho.
Rogue: combo, control and cantrip. Control and combo could be seen as the same as many in that archetype go for that combination, but I feel like just putting it as one would be pigeon-holing.
Shaman: midrange and OTK. (most top-tier decks are both)

Now, do you understand the terms I used or would you like me to explain them further?

Mages and Warlocks have hands down the best hero powers in the game. Druid has the most balanced(as in versatile and useful) class-specific cards right now, that makes them really, really strong.
Other than that I think you'll have to ask more specific questions if this did not answer your question.

drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1400
Joined:
May 4th, 2013
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2014 11:03am | Report
Just drafted what might be one of the best decks I'm gonna get for a while. I feel pretty happy, especially about drafting Ysera pretty early.

Probably not as good as I think it is, but hey.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2014 11:36am | Report
drakon136 wrote:

Probably not as good as I think it is, but hey.

It's pretty good except for the Dire Wolf, Stormwind Knight and dual Mind Controls.
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1400
Joined:
May 4th, 2013
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2014 11:47am | Report
They were all the best options of the three, so I had to take what I could get.

Also, I just found out that taunt doesn't work on stealthed units AFTER losing a match. Damn, I'm stupid.

EDIT: Suddenly maintenance. Great!
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1400
Joined:
May 4th, 2013
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2014 7:55pm | Report

I'm okay with this.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide