Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official Mobafire PC thread

Creator: Vynertje August 3, 2015 11:59am
541 posts - page 46 of 55
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2016 1:39pm | Report
I guess MSI GTX 970/AMD 380 will get me through few years and hardware will upgrade by the time 970 isn't sufficient enough.

Do you guys have any recommendations for online shops that sells pc parts? Buying hardware in Finland is really expensive.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2016 1:42pm | Report
qq I don't wanna wait 6 months for 1440p 144hz

Get a 980 Ti and you'll get what you're looking for
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2016 1:45pm | Report
Are u online in league atm Vyn? I'll spam u with questions :v)

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2016 1:48pm | Report
Will log in now on WhimsicalFae
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2016 4:25am | Report
Did some spring PC cleaning, installed some new fans and reapplied some higher quality thermal paste. My fans are pretty quiet now (only audible in very quiet environments) and temperatures are down 5 degrees under load (67-63 on CPU and 83-77 on GPU). I also placed my PC on some kind of a pedestal (read: my cd trays) to raise it above my two monitors. I'm pretty happy with the looks and the blue colour scheme in general :)

Full album of my spring cleaning for those interested
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2016 3:37pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:
Did some spring PC cleaning, installed some new fans and reapplied some higher quality thermal paste. My fans are pretty quiet now (only audible in very quiet environments) and temperatures are down 5 degrees under load (67-63 on CPU and 83-77 on GPU). I also placed my PC on some kind of a pedestal (read: my cd trays) to raise it above my two monitors. I'm pretty happy with the looks and the blue colour scheme in general :)

how are your idle temps?
Thanks to IPodPulse for this <3^
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2016 3:44pm | Report

how are your idle temps?

About low/mid-30's for CPU and high 40's up to 50 for GPU. Note though that I run my CPU fan at a constant 1000 rpm because apparently it is so quiet there is no point in running it any slower. Removing and reapplying the new thermal paste did not seem to change that much in that regard.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2016 11:21pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

your setup makes me wet
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2016 6:45am | Report
Yo I'm having computer trouble pls help

So when I'm playing Dark Souls 3 (and only DS3) occasionally the PC will just reset, usually when loading/rendering, with no error messages or anything. Then last night it wouldn't turn back on again, checked the mobo error code and it said I needed to reseat the RAM, which I did and it worked again. But afterwards when I tried to play DS3 it reset again and the fans went crazy for about 5 seconds or so. This morning it wouldn't start and when I checked the error code it was the same problem that happened when I first built it; I had to replug the mobo and it turned on.

I ran the Windows memory testing thing and there were no problems, so I suspect a fault with the PSU or the wiring, but I dunno. The PSU is good quality and two months old so I don't see why it would be faulty. Maybe it could be due to insufficient power when under heavy load with all the USB **** I have plugged in?
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2016 6:48am | Report
I'm terrible at this, but how are your temperatures? Sounds like overheating to me.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide