Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official Mobafire PC thread

Creator: Vynertje August 3, 2015 11:59am
541 posts - page 45 of 55
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2016 5:03pm | Report
Janitsu wrote:
That's not really PC of you moon. You probably support Trump because you want the USA to continue on its patriarchal way to doom. I hope you shame yourself.

How ****ing dare you suggest that I would vote for the CIS male who refuses to publicly admit his white privilege. I'm disgusted by the very thought that you think I would vote for a corporate swine like Trump. I wonder how many slaves he has held up in his Trump Tower right now, ugh I'm triggered just thinking about it. The amount of micro-transgressions that man has levied at women is despicable. It's why when I finally get my ovaries implanted and can official be recognized as a pan-sexual aphrodesian woman, I won't have to fear the impending backlash of being a man and can stand proudly with my fellow asexuals in condemning all actions of Donald J. Trump without feeling ashamed of my white male privilege.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2016 5:27pm | Report
^Your post reminded me of:
Spoiler: Click to view
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2016 4:39am | Report
What is wrong with trump? He is the funniest candidate so you all should vote for him.

True, true. But is "funny" really a desired quality in a president? Sure, I'll be very entertaining at first, but when everything is on fire and Trump is shrugging in his palace how fun do you think the citizens will find that?
I'd rather have a president so boring that he puts people to sleep when talking, but one that is good at his/her job.

Now please take any discussion regarding this topic to a thread dedicated to it, and let's keep this thread on topic.
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2016 4:46am | Report
Joxuu wrote:
Need an opinion on my pc gear. Mostly on whether my graphics card is sufficient enough.

Graphics card: Radeon HD 6900 series
Processor: i5 2500k 3.3ghz

Well, if you don't mind waiting there's gonna be a pretty big architectural leap in a few months (big increase in performance and HUGE leap in power efficiency). AMD will be releasing their Polaris GPUs and Nvidia's Pascal architecture will follow shortly after (another few months). This is of course speculation, but those seem like reasonable expectations right now.

Here's a good video on it.

Another link on the topic: http://www.anandtech.com/show/9886/amd-reveals-polaris-gpu-architecture
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2016 8:51am | Report
Searz wrote:

Well, if you don't mind waiting there's gonna be a pretty big architectural leap in a few months (big increase in performance and HUGE leap in power efficiency). AMD will be releasing their Polaris GPUs and Nvidia's Pascal architecture will follow shortly after (another few months). This is of course speculation, but those seem like reasonable expectations right now.

Here's a good video on it.

Another link on the topic: http://www.anandtech.com/show/9886/amd-reveals-polaris-gpu-architecture

In my opinion, it isn't worth it to wait because the prices will generally start very high. I think it will at the very least take a month or two more after release before the new cards will reach an attractive price point.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2016 9:40am | Report
Yes, while they might take a bit of time to reach a good price/performance point, you're completely ignoring their efficiency. With significantly higher efficiency we could be looking at great overclocking headroom or much quieter fans and lower temperatures.
Along with greatly improved encoding functionality. AMD claims realtime 4K 60FPS encoding with no performance hit, which seems almost too good to be true since 1080p 60FPS is barely possible today (need the highest tier current tech), to my knowledge. My i5 4670K and GTX660 both experience stalls (encoding breaks) when doing 1080p 60FPS. The highest I can do with good performance is 1920*1200 at 30FPS.
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2016 10:42am | Report
I appreciate the inputs.

I'm kinda worried about the price if Polaris is promising better performance and better power efficiency. I don't mind waiting few months but my wallet can't handle expensive stuff. (I feel comfortable in 350€ price range)

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2016 10:53am | Report
Joxuu wrote:
I appreciate the inputs.

I'm kinda worried about the price if Polaris is promising better performance and better power efficiency. I don't mind waiting few months but my wallet can't handle expensive stuff. (I feel comfortable in 350€ price range)

And there will be one in a price-range below that released this year for sure. The first Polaris GPU is rumored to be in the mid-range (which is ~200-350€), and is rumored to land around summer, followed by a high-end GPU (~350-500€) and possibly a top-end GPU (500-800€).
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2016 1:19pm | Report
Joxuu wrote:
I appreciate the inputs.

Searz wrote:

And there will be one in a price-range below that released this year for sure. The first Polaris GPU is rumored to be in the mid-range (which is ~200-350€), and is rumored to land around summer, followed by a high-end GPU (~350-500€) and possibly a top-end GPU (500-800€).

I think mid-range is a bit lower than that, from what I've read the first Polaris GPU is going to be a direct competitor to the GTX 950/960, which is like 170-220€ range. According to the most recent news, the first Polaris card is launched mid-2016 (so at best in 3 months), therefore I'd expect it will still take some time until direct competitors to R9 390 / GTX 970 launch and become widely available (I personally estimate 6 months). Another note is that top end is rumoured to be more in the 1k range.

My personal recommendation would be not to wait because even though next gen is probably going to be pretty good, we can't know how good it is exactly and I wouldn't want to wait 6 months (or more) with the risk of being disappointed when it launches. However, it all comes down to how much you want the upgrade right now or mind being patient.
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2016 1:38pm | Report
qq I don't wanna wait 6 months for 1440p 144hz

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide