Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

↣ Official Mobafire Thread of culurual habits...

Creator: emoriam August 30, 2014 9:50am
1 2 3 4
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 9:50am | Report
↣ Hello fellow members ↢

I was just wondering about the actual amount of different countries this community is covering and that's why I want to open this small thread. It's supposed to be about you presenting answers on what you consider to be typical for your county or culture. I will start asking a specific question and everyone answering that question should ask a different question which can be answered by the next person. Questions can be repeated especially because if there are twenty countries being talked about the thread you may ask the same question again concerning another country. Of course, you can comment on someone's answers for instance if you come from the same country.

I will start the discussion by asking a question that I will answer myself and below I will ask a further questions for someone to be answered. Let's get started and I hope there will be some people responding to this:

Question: What do you think others think about Germans?:

We've recently talked about that in English class and I'm kinda biased on that topic because I always use my own opinion as well to answer that question. Without reading anything on the internet about that topic I'd say that most people think Germans are wealthy and organized. They avoid to be unpunctual and are relatively stiff and reputable. Of course, many people especially on the internet are calling German nazis and are relating current politicians to Hitler. Last but not least there are these kinds of stereotyp German people: There is the bavarian German wearing lederhosen and drinking way too much bear. That idea is based on the Oktoberfest I guess many people in the world relating Germany to. German tourists are terrifying. Either there are the tourists wearing pulled up white socks and sandals and being kinda annoying because Germans are hypocritical or the tourists just visiting Mallorca every single year and hearing that ****ty Schlager music. Of course Germanny is related to football but I guess no that much as England or Brazil.

My question: What do you think about Germans?
(It's maybe no the best start-off beacause it sisn't related to another country but I'm interested in this one)

Currently discussed questions you may want to answer
Thanks to Aquilegia for this sig!
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 10:04am | Report
Question: What do you think about Germans?

I think that Germany is a great country, but what I think about the Germs themselves? I think they are really strong. With that I mean, I know some Germs IRL and they work hard, they have good ideas, they drive the group and remain well-organised. There are also some noob germs I kno from the internetz, but lets not talk about those

I also think that German women can be really scary. Sometimes when I am in the neighbourhood of a female Germ, I feel like she can eat me alive at any moment :o

My question: What is the eating habit of a regular person in your culture? Chopsticks, knife n fork or hands? Praying before dinner or feast when the food is on the table? Eating with individual plates, or having multiple plates on the table where you can pick your food off?
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 11:54am | Report
Question: What do you think about black EU people?

Answer:

Jack Rubino
<Member>
Jack Rubino's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 11:59am | Report
Toshabi wrote:
Question: What do you think about black EU people?

Answer:

what the **** is that supposed to be.
"Some call it magic. I call it good graphic."
Foxy Riven
<Editor>
Foxy Riven's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 12:04pm | Report
^scary as fck.
(Check out my guides, they're linked to their pictures!)

If I helped you in any way, that +REP is always nice^^
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 12:08pm | Report
Q: What do you think about Germans?

A: I love German people. One of my absolute best friends whom I consider a sister is from Germany, I have family there and also a bunch of other friends. Women from Germany seem really independent, especially considering how in my country women are generally treated as the lesser sex and have a lot of prejudice tied to them (this is mostly because my country has about 500 years of Turkish influence).

I've never had that white socks/beer/whatever prejudice because every German person I know has been really nice to me and fun to hang around, with great manners and an inviting and warm attitude radiating of independence.

Q: What is the eating habit of a regular person in your culture?

A: For the regular person it's having multiple plates of food where you can pick your quantity of food easily, fork and knife are commonly used; however, it is not uncommon to eat with your bare hands (especially when it comes to slippery food). As far as I know, there is only a prayer before the feast of Christmas eve accompanied by a ritual.

...For my family it's more like everyone eats whenever they feel like it and we almost exclusively use forks and knives, especially since both me and my mother strongly disapprove of finger food :P Then again, I have quite the unconventional family so I definitely wouldn't take this as an example haha

(I live in Macedonia btw)

My question: What do people think about the treatment of women in Turkey (and other countries with a similar way of treatment, i.e most Islamic countries)? Personally, I find the whole chastity argument to be extremely redundant and fundamentally flawed.
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 4:41pm | Report
Well they started world war II....
But they also have pretzels.
So that's good.

Basically MOBAFire.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 7:54pm | Report
my answer to any question in this thread is "america is the best country"
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
TROLLing1999
<Member>
TROLLing1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 2:49am | Report
Q: What do you think about Germans?

This is a very interesting question for me personally. I am Greek and traditionally Germans are not our most beloved ones, however, I go to the German School of Athens and I have been learning German since I was like 8 years old.

Anyway, let me start by saying that every Greek person hates and criticizes Angela Merkel in a very harsh way. Many people believe that Germany has too much influence in the EU and that German people tend to get the most important spots. Some do ,indeed, connect the current politicians in your country with Hitler, but this is very ironic, because we unfortunately have a nazi party in the Greek parliament. There are also some conspirancy theories but these are just pointless and idiotic.

Other than that, Greeks recognize the fact that Germans are very organized and hard-working. However, some people call Germans "cold", in the sense that they show little emotion in their life and follow everything by the book.

Personally, I have met many German people and have hanged around with them occasionally. Most of them are fine but I don't believe that I fit in with them very well or that I could be a very close friend with any German guy. Still I do not really support many of the aforementioned statements for Germans and I think that most of them are prohibitions, even though some might be (partially) true.

PS. We also appreciate german technology and German women. Natural blondes are rare in my country.

Q: What is the eating habit of a regular person in your culture? Chopsticks, knife n fork or hands? Praying before dinner or feast when the food is on the table? Eating with individual plates, or having multiple plates on the table where you can pick your food off?

Knife and fork or hands in certain situations.

Only religious people pray, I don't really remember myself or my family praying before dinner and such. But according to the church...we should pray.

Usually we have multiple plates on the table but if it comes down to a more "οfficial" meal, we are eating with individual plates.

Q: What do people think about the treatment of women in Turkey (and other countries with a similar way of treatment, i.e most Islamic countries)? Personally, I find the whole chastity argument to be extremely redundant and fundamentally flawed.

I have to agree with you on that and most people in my country do.

However, I do believe that countries such as Saudi Arabia and Qatar are far stricter than Turkey, as far as religious rules are concerned. Turkey looks a lot more like a "modern"/"western" nation than these countries do.

My Question is: What are the most popular sports in your country? Is it common for kids/ teenagers to do a sport?
jamespongebob
<Wingman>
jamespongebob's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 3:05am | Report
What are the most popular sports in your country? Is it common for kids/ teenagers to do a sport?

Basketball. That is literally it. Everyone plays basketball (well, not exactly everyone). I was once told it was weird for a guy not to play basketball in my country. I'm not much of a sports person, and I am personally not a fan of basketball though. Basketball is pretty male-dominated in our country, so most girls play volleyball or badminton.
My question is: does your country adhere strictly to laws in your culture?
My Guides

1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide