Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official Skyrim Thread

Creator: OTGBionicArm July 1, 2014 10:51am
542 posts - page 18 of 55
IPodPulse
<Altruistic Artist>
IPodPulse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 4, 2014 11:31am | Report

I think people overrate that kind of ****, I mean you can even do everything manually if you know what you're doing. If you know how NMM works, and if you just get LOOT and sort your load order right after you've installed a bunch of new mods then you should be golden. Soon I'll put out a small NMM guide for the OP just for the newcomers out there, and that will include the use of LOOT and maybe TES5Edit, even though I don't think it's very necessary for the basic stuff. Feel free to do one yourself for Mod Organiser so we got something to go on. In general I think replacing everything with tools makes people less aware of what they are doing which is the leading cause in software issues.

The reason I feel like it is better is that it reminds me of Magic Launcher, a mod launcher for Minecraft that has a unique feature that Mod organizer also shares. NMM actually installs the mod, placing everything in the data folder and leaves them there. Mod organizer on the other hand doesn't do that, it instead temporarily places the mods in the folder then removes them when you exit. You can enable mods on and off by a tick of a box and gives you a warning on bad mod placements and where to prioritize them, in NMM you have to do that manually and LOOT or BOSS only effects plugins and not the files in the data folder. Speaking of data folders did you know that when you install mods on Mod organizer it allows you to do a regular installation for example things like skyrim HD, unlike NMM where it constantly asks you to either replace the files or go through a installation that seems to always mess up because you didn't click the replace option. On Mod Organizer the installation is quick and easy, i am given a pop up GUI if the mod comes with one and when installing mods with the same name like the Book of Silence Mods it wont mess you your files because you are able to choose what files you first and which one you want overwritten, unlike NMM where if you want something like this you need to install mods in a certain order, which is just time consuming. Another thing I enjoy is the ability to download multiple files at good speeds unlike NMM where you need to be a premium just to surpass on MB of download speed.

I may have said some incorrect things about NMM, if I do a correction would be nice. But I honestly like Mod organizer much better than NMM, I find it is much easier to use, the interface is clean and it actually does teach people about mod packages. I forgot to mention this but some mods forget to enclose a directory with the name "data", this causes problems with both managers, however on Mod Organizer you are able to manually find the data folder in the client, set it as the directory and your good to go.

I understand that you can do everything manually but you are also forgetting the time it takes to do that, that is the purpose of machines and software isn't it? To make our jobs easier.
If you found me helpful give me some +Rep :)
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 4, 2014 5:29pm | Report

Ok, got all my **** fixed. NMM is a life saver and mod organizer can suck a D. I don't care how many issues you basic *****es have with NMM.

Anywho, had to make a clean save cause **** hit the fan but Jayce is back, fully clad in hand-picked custom armor and weapons cause I wanna roleplay. I dumped SkyRe upon GMD's suggestion and got a few new mods to simulate the needs I had from SkyRe without all the obnoxious compatibility patches (Those mods are ASIS, ABT, Empowered Magic, and SPERG).

Character info:

Name: Jayce
Race: Imperial

Primary Skills:
Archery, Destruction, One-Handed

Secondary Skills:
Alteration, Block, Light Armor, Alchemy, Enchanting, Smithing

Gear:
Aetherial Sword, Dwarven Buckler Shield, Scoped Dwarven Bow, Armor of Intrigue and "taste my Lightning, ****ers!"

I'm gonna role play him as a somewhat Rogue, survivalist mage. Skilled in all forms of elemental magic, but favoring lightning and electricity, as well as having a penchant for Dwemer technology and architecture.

I'll be progressively aging the character and adding scars and stuff on him as his story continues. Anyone got any cool body scarring/mark/tattoo mods? Or anything that adds nice face markings too.
IPodPulse
<Altruistic Artist>
IPodPulse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 4, 2014 5:36pm | Report

Ok, got all my **** fixed. NMM is a life saver and mod organizer can suck a D. I don't care how many issues you basic *****es have with NMM.

Anywho, had to make a clean save cause **** hit the fan but Jayce is back, fully clad in hand-picked custom armor and weapons cause I wanna roleplay. I dumped SkyRe upon GMD's suggestion and got a few new mods to simulate the needs I had from SkyRe without all the obnoxious compatibility patches (Those mods are ASIS, ABT, Empowered Magic, and SPERG).

Character info:

Name: Jayce
Race: Imperial

Primary Skills:
Archery, Destruction, One-Handed

Secondary Skills:
Alteration, Block, Light Armor, Alchemy, Enchanting, Smithing

Gear:
Aetherial Sword, Dwarven Buckler Shield, Scoped Dwarven Bow, Armor of Intrigue and "taste my Lightning, ****ers!"

I'm gonna role play him as a somewhat Rogue, survivalist mage. Skilled in all forms of elemental magic, but favoring lightning and electricity, as well as having a penchant for Dwemer technology and architecture.

I'll be progressively aging the character and adding scars and stuff on him as his story continues. Anyone got any cool body scarring/mark/tattoo mods? Or anything that adds nice face markings too.

Race Menu comes with some cool tattoos and stuff
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 4, 2014 10:15pm | Report
so we're doing it like this, aye?
Frey

Caedan
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2014 12:58am | Report
eyyy a skyrim thread!

I actually finished the game a long time ago on my friends computer, but after seeing the game on sale in the summer sale I decided to replay it, as I didn't finish the DLCs and other content.

Here's my character. Decided to make an aethetically pleasing female char after playing a male last time. Installed some mods to make the characters in this game look better. Still haven't finished everything yet and I'm still grabbin the optimal gear for her.

Name: Fea
Race: Nord
Focus: Archery, Sneak, Light Armor
Gear: Nightingale Bow, Ancient Shrouded Cowl, Guild Master's Armor, Leather Bracers of Archery, Nightingale Boots, Ring of Major Archery

Any tips for optimal gear on a Sneak Archer?
IPodPulse
<Altruistic Artist>
IPodPulse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2014 1:04am | Report
Embracing wrote:

eyyy a skyrim thread!

I actually finished the game a long time ago on my friends computer, but after seeing the game on sale in the summer sale I decided to replay it, as I didn't finish the DLCs and other content.

Here's my character. Decided to make an aethetically pleasing female char after playing a male last time. Installed some mods to make the characters in this game look better. Still haven't finished everything yet and I'm still grabbin the optimal gear for her.

Name: Fea
Race: Nord
Focus: Archery, Sneak, Light Armor
Gear: Nightingale Bow, Ancient Shrouded Cowl, Guild Master's Armor, Leather Bracers of Archery, Nightingale Boots, Ring of Major Archery

Any tips for optimal gear on a Sneak Archer?

If your going for mod armors GMD linked a real good light armor mod, if your going for vanilla i like to go for a combo of thief guild and dark brother hood, then later progress into better tier light armors like glass and elven.
Signature Shop!|Tryndamere Guide|Rengar Guide

Your skills are inferior, but not YayaFTW's! Go check him out for a great signature!
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2014 1:17am | Report
^That face is creepy as hell. Also I have two characters, one whose called Jawbone, and the others called Legolas.
I suck at naming things.

Basically MOBAFire.
Jack Rubino
<Member>
Jack Rubino's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2014 1:51am | Report
i re downloaded the oblivion dungeon mode and downloaded the "build your home" one, i thought that my mods were working before, but by what i've seen when i ran the game a few minutes ago, they weren't before. All of sudden i see the changes that the mod were supposed to make, and its awesome, also this

let's see how hard it is

EDIT: BREAKING NEWS: It is hard.
EDIT2: IT IS FREAKING HARD
EDIT3:E WUAHUSHDUAHSIUDHNAUU3NEJAWDAW
EDIT4: is weird hearing "True nords never back up" by dremoras
"Some call it magic. I call it good graphic."

Special thanks to Vapora Dark!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2014 9:15am | Report

Welp I did actually find Shadowmere, he was waiting at the old sanctuary... Who would've thought?

Also I've decided on a casual outfit. Swapping between legendary Deathbrand armor for difficult quests and stuff and flawless fur armor, one of the variants anyway, for non-difficult quests and everything else.

Finished the Helgen Reborn questline and it was okay. The private tower you get is about 10X times better than any house you can buy/build but unless you have an unlimited amount of cool looking weapons you'll never use all of the weapon plaques. I was kinda annoyed with the ending and some bits of the story, there were some... interesting decisions made by the main NPCs.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2014 9:44am | Report
Yeah the story isn't flawless or amazing but I think it's generally better than most of the standard quests. The voice acting overall is pretty cool, and the reward is at least nice and useful unlike some other ones *glaring at the companions*.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide