Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account






Or

's Forum Avatar

Overwatch

Creator: Aeadar November 8, 2014 7:27pm
48 posts - page 2 of 5
Excited?
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1632
Joined:
Nov 2nd, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2014 10:36am | Report
Ofc They would.
That's the whole reason why a spoilt game like D3 wasn't dropped after the initial hatewave.
They made more than enough from the pre-order fanboys (even of those who never played D1/D2 before) to consider salvaging it and getting enough of the fanboys back again to sell them an Addon. (That and their image was on the line for ****ing up so so SO bad)

Or take your precious HS for the matter:
There are a lot of good CCG games on steam for example, you heard of 'em?
Nah, I guess you didn't even bother.

If it wasn't for the Blizzard/Warcraft sticker, no company would have succeded in taking an existing card game and dumbing down it's mechanics to a big chunk of sheer luck (one HELL of attractive point for gamers) so ppl who aren't even smart enough/couldn't even been bothered to play a real CCG/TCG suddenly became all indulged in it.

First thing an objective CCG player thinks after playing HS: "They wanted to make a real Card Game? Why the **** do I need to get blasted with special effects/music and have mini-games on the graphically overloaded board in order to pass time???

HS was never meant to be a real CCG. It's only for those who don't have the time, motivation or brains to play one.

HS is a good APP-Game. And if it wasn't for the Blizz Sticker it would only get as much attention as such (not talking about Flappy Bird here, that ****'s crazy)



----


In a MOBA game that doesnt offer much content to begin with, quantity (or better: diversity) is quality.

Customization is key. The amount of LoL champ seems ridiculous, but would we say the same about items, the skill tree or runes?
The more you cut those amounts down the more you'll end up with meta-only.

In Beta/early release it was okay not to offer "that" many champs, since nobody really had the knowledge, an extensive wiki or skills to begin with.
But cutting them down to like 50-60 NOW, the whole gameplay would crumble. Everywhere in competition 100% same match-ups and Riot's "If sth. is OP counter it with sth. else" wouldn't work anymore.

The only reason there isn't WAY more new stuff coming out is the amount of work it would involve.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2014 12:11pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:
Or take your precious HS for the matter:
There are a lot of good CCG games on steam for example, you heard of 'em?
Nah, I guess you didn't even bother.

You start your argument with an attack on my credibility...

Want a discussion? Start acting like you're worth my ****ing time.
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1512
Joined:
Nov 16th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2014 12:28pm | Report
Searz wrote:

You start your argument with an attack on my credibility...

Want a discussion? Start acting like you're worth my ****ing time.

Except you aren't worth anyones time.

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2014 1:01pm | Report
[deleted] wrote:
Except you aren't worth anyones time.

Your comment has no purpose outside of hating on me. Is this really the sort of example you want to set?
Do you really want others to act the way you are here?
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1632
Joined:
Nov 2nd, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2014 1:08pm | Report
Yep... already regretting that I wasted so much text on him.


Plus

Searz wrote:
Hearthstone was a big disappointment when it was announced, which you probably had no idea of


Stop being such a tool you hypocrite...

Edit:
Searz wrote:
Do you really want others to act the way you are here?

I hope he does.


---


BTT:

It's already announced that they salvaged the PvP part from Titan and made Overwatch out of it.
But why the heck does the Art-Style look like they hired Pixar or Disney? Where's the typical Blizz flair?
Can somebody pls tell me that they're not going for this because Frozen was a box-office hit...
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
8829
Joined:
Jul 3rd, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2014 1:27pm | Report
Please try to discuss in a friendly manner and try not to derail the thread by talking about Searz's time :)

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2014 2:13pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:
"Hearthstone was a big disappointment when it was announced, which you probably had no idea of"

Stop being such a tool you hypocrite...

Oh, because you know that I have no clue what Caucheka plays and what he doesn't?
Because I don't have him in my Steam friends and chat with him frequently?
That was a logical conclusion on my part from frequent chats with the person, not an obvious attempt at discredit like yours, because you literally have no idea which other card games I've played since I've never posted about that here on Mobafire, which is our only place of contact.

Your entire (first)comment is full of assumptions, fallacies and blatantly false statements.

"HS was never meant to be a real CCG. It's only for those who don't have the time, motivation or brains to play one."
This little snippet contains a pretty obvious use of something called the no true scotsman along with an insult to the playerbase of said game.
This is the second clear use of a fallacy that I've pointed out in that comment alone. Need I go on? I can keep picking your comments apart, because they fall apart real easy..

Please take your time and practice logic when trying to argue, because your comments are a mess.
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1153
Joined:
Dec 10th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2014 2:16pm | Report
Guys, let's please calm down and keep focus as to what the discussion is about. You can defend your pride all you want in private messages, but please don't cloud out people who want actual discussion about the topic at hand.
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
4859
Joined:
Jan 3rd, 2013
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2014 2:29pm | Report
no, please keep going
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
8290
Joined:
May 18th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2014 3:47pm | Report
no, please keep going




oh man extra butter gimme some.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide