Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Pranks that Hurt People

Creator: jhoijhoi June 7, 2013 4:12am
34 posts - page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4
Would you ever do something for "the lols" that legitimately hurts another person?
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2013 4:12am | Report
I'm all down for a laugh at someone else's expense. Especially if it's something harmless, like putting a plastic spider in someone's bed, or swapping the sugar for salt.

But what about a prank that actually physically or mentally hurts someone, or has the potential to do so? I'm talking throwing bricks off of bridges, setting up a trip-wire, or...

The reason why I bring this up is because I have never ever been more legitimately scared than I am right now. Patch and I were on the return journey from Woolworths. We were walking down the street, just normal pedestrians. Suddenly, there came a huge crack, and I felt something shatter around me. Aaron staggered. My first thought was that something fell out of the trees above us, like a branch. My second thought was that Patch had been shot.

And he was, but by something completely unexpected. Later Patch told me it felt like a paintball shot. It was, in fact, an egg. Some absolute psycho moron and friend are driving around Brisbane, throwing eggs at people, and probably other drivers.

It hit Patch so hard, that it didn't crack, it *bounced* off him, hit a tree, ricochetted off and smashed on the ground. His stomach has a round red mark from where the egg hit him.

I can't believe people would do things like this. Could you imagine that egg on the wind-shield of a car? It would cause a crash, because eggs and water don't mix, the screen would be completely obscured.

But the main reason why I am literally shaking in fear, is the casualness of this incident. The fact that they will get away with it. The probability that Patch wasn't the first victim. The idea that the egg may be the first step. What's next? Some glass? A hammer?

I have never ever been scared of walking the streets of Brisbane. But now whenever a car goes past, all I will ever be able to think about is how people can be there one second, hurt someone else, and be gone the next. I'm not sure if the above incident can be considered a prank. But I assume the people did it for a laugh.

What sort of person throws eggs at people?

Thoughts?
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig unintentional collab with Jovy and me ♡
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2013 4:14am | Report
Only hurt your own friends for those pranks, then it's fair game. :p

sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2013 4:21am | Report
We were doing pranks the other day in Trafalgar Sq. The only boundaries we set were:

- Nothing harmful.
- Nothing outright illegal.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2013 4:57am | Report
As long the damage will have no chance of being permanent and the damage done can be payed back by the victim (so it should be someone you know), it should be fine :P

Throwing eggs at car drivers can cause crashes (thus permanent damage) and they are random ppl, so cannot be payed back. Conclusion: Prank is evil :O

And considering:
"What sort of person throws eggs at people?"

People who want to that and do not see the consequences or do not care about the consequences.
I mean, I am sure everyone had ideas to do awful things to people you hate, well, some people dream of throwing eggs at people, and since they do not see: "Oh, I can seriously hurt people if I do this, if I was driving in that car, I wouldn't want to get hit by an egg".

Aye, dem people who do dat are not the brightest in the world :P
Change is gooooood

Je suis le bee
~ Meiyjhe ~
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2013 6:54am | Report
I don't like this thread. The poll is really black and white.
And you're the one escalating the action in your own head. Nothing is indicating that it will be getting worse.
It's pointless to be afraid. Evaluate the situation logically and try to draw a conclusion from what you know. Seeing as you probably don't know enough to draw much of a conclusion right now you should refrain from doing so until you know more on the subject.
Letting emotions get in the way of reason has a very high probability of resulting in bad things.

Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2013 7:06am | Report
I'm just against pranks that may hurt others
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2013 1:48pm | Report
Searz wrote:

I don't like this thread. The poll is really black and white.
And you're the one escalating the action in your own head. Nothing is indicating that it will be getting worse.
It's pointless to be afraid. Evaluate the situation logically and try to draw a conclusion from what you know. Seeing as you probably don't know enough to draw much of a conclusion right now you should refrain from doing so until you know more on the subject.
Letting emotions get in the way of reason has a very high probability of resulting in bad things.

this.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2013 2:10pm | Report
Depends on how much it would hurt someone.

Throwing eggs would, under some circumstances, not be enough to worry about.

Using a gun and shooting someone as a joke is (obviously) immoral.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2013 2:22pm | Report
this is the first time youve had an egg thrown at you before? ive had so many eggs thrown at me and thrown at other people, its really not as bad as youre making it out to be
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2013 2:37pm | Report
I love pranks, but I have been the one to take some pranks way to far in the past and I have always regretted it at least for some pranks anyway, but one prank that was always fun at college was to steal doors from people dorm rooms, and hide them at random places around campus. As far as throwing eggs at people you don't know, that like that driver was doing that hardly sounds like a prank. Pranks are supposed to confuse or baffle people not cause physical harm or hurt them unless it's a hand buzzer or that gum that tastes nasty stuff like. I dated a girl once who would put peanut butter in random peoples headphones around campus for a prank, so that when they would put their headphones in the would get in ear full of peanut butter, But that's not a prank that's just breaking other peoples stuff. One reason why I broke up with her lol

Sorry to hear some crazy guy was tossing eggs at you. And listen to the words of Searz it was most likely a one time event and nothing to be worried about don't dwell to much on it
Sig by Janitsu
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide