Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

So... How do you make friends and pick up girls?

Creator: TheGeenius February 28, 2016 11:28pm
DisturbedFox
<Inhouse Regular>
DisturbedFox's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2016 9:14am | Report
not sure what's worse: the "be obnoxiously cocky no matter what" advice or the bunch of **** that Cuddowls wrote

as many have pointed out there's no set formula that'll bring you success in every scenario, but the general rules would be:
1. take care of yourself. means personal hygiene, wearing clothes that fit, at least a decent-looking hairstyle, healthy diet, working out, studying, reading etc
2. DO listen to what people have to say to you when they are talking to you. instead of bombarding them with questions after questions try to make some positive remarks after they say something, just say it like you actually mean it and not only doing it for the sake of doing it.
3. people dig compliments. not the walking up to a grill and saying "omg ur so hawt" while drooling but the ones that you actually mean. bonus points if it's their clothes/their work, basically anything that's the result of THEIR effort and not something that was given to them (like naturally good looks)
4. you have to put yourself out there to meet new people and experience things. we've all heard plenty of comfort zone memes but no matter how small, from answering out loud in class to going to an arts exhibition by yourself, it will help you get more comfortable with yourself and build up confidence (after the first few anxiety attacks). basically you have to develop a mentality where you do things not to impress others but because you want to do them and you don't care about the outcome (aka the "don't give a ****" attitude). this is probably the hardest part because a lot of people take this for a "be an ******* to everyone and dgaf" message but that is not correct. what it means is that before doing something you ask yourself whether you really want to do it or only because someone asked you to/you dislike X/ this might impress Y.
5. accept that you can't and won't be liked by everyone. doing what I said in 4. just helps figure out who likes you and who doesn't. basically by having integrity and doing what you want and feel is right will categorize people. by not being afraid to speak when you have something to contribute to a conversation you put yourself out there and people get to know something about you (like what you did during the weekend/what you like/what your hobbies are etc)
6. HOBBIES. they and work/school are #1 for meeting new people. other than working out take up a sport as a hobby or learn to play a musical instrument or even do some crazy **** like rock climbing (can recommend actually it's a lot of fun). it's just as important to have an active thing to do as it is to read and educate yourself
7. strong eye contact and posture help a lot. be relaxed and confident while walking/sitting/doing whatever. don't look at the ground while walking and look people in the eyes when talking to them
8. don't use pickup lines. don't be an "obnoxiously cocky" guy. every person who's at least half a cent worth will see through your ******** immediately and will reject you. if you ever gather up the balls to approach a girl just greet them and introduce yourself, no need for corny pickup ****.
8. be confident. even if you have to fake it, as long as you're not mistaking it for arrogance, it WILL help. figure out a plan before doing some ****, trust that ****, and do that ****

TL;DR: be yourself. do **** ONLY for yourself. be confident. don't be an arrogant *******
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2016 9:34am | Report
Holy ****. Cuddles nails it again XD
Please do sex tips next!
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2016 10:59am | Report
Searz wrote:
Holy ****. Cuddles nails it again XD
Please do sex tips next!

No problem bro. Glad I can help you out.
Sex tips:
**** her passionately. As passionately as you play league.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2016 11:07am | Report
i cant believe there's a link to rapport in this thread

that's the funniest thing i've ever seen

anyways heres my guide to how to get girls

step 1 pretend to be someone whose hotter than you
step 2 meet someone and talk to them about whatever
step 3 talk to them about something interesting and become friends / flirt with them
step 4 hey wanna be my gf
step 5 ????
step 6 profit

Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2016 11:07am | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

No problem bro. Glad I can help you out.
Sex tips:
**** her passionately. As passionately as you play league.

So no passion?

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2016 11:10am | Report
Janitsu wrote:

So no passion?

Slowly and only once every couple days?

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2016 11:54am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:
i cant believe there's a link to rapport in this thread

that's the funniest thing i've ever seen

Why?
Building rapport is pretty much THE BEST way to get friend zoned.
Breaking it makes things exciting for her.

Her: "I play a lot of League"
You: "Oh, me too, what's your favorite champion?"

Fail, you're her ****ing friend now. This is how most people would advocate you talk to a girl because they have no ****ing respect for the primal mind of humans.

You: "Oh so are you like a complete nerd?"

Personal to her and it's lighthearted. If she likes you, she'll start qualifying herself probably.

You: "I don't like that game."

This is neutral. You don't take any steps forward, and it's probably a slight step backward. If you say this, you really don't like League and you are looking at her less favorably in your mind. This is an observation she will make and attraction obviously goes down.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2016 12:28pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:
Why?
Building rapport is pretty much THE BEST way to get friend zoned.
Breaking it makes things exciting for her.

You: "Oh, me too, what's your favorite champion?"

Fail, you're her ****ing friend now. This is how most people would advocate you talk to a girl because they have no ****ing respect for the primal mind of humans.

You: "Oh so are you like a complete nerd?"

Personal to her and it's lighthearted. If she likes you, she'll start qualifying herself probably.

You: "I don't like that game."

This is neutral. You don't take any steps forward, and it's probably a slight step backward. If you say this, you really don't like League and you are looking at her less favorably in your mind. This is an observation she will make and attraction obviously goes down.
I don't think repeatedly showing desinterest regarding the way the girl chose to live her life is a good foundation to start a relationship upon :p

Showing desinterest as well as interest is fine, as long as you are being honest and aren't playing a dating sim trying to hit the right answers.

My great idea for talking with women is to treat them like they're men,

It seems to be working.
Exactly. I find that a number of people tend to think that the opposite gender is some kind of alien race that are unable to understand their behaviour. We aren't aliens, genders aren't thát different in behaviour and ways of life. If you just act like a human being, be honest and also treat women like human beings everything should work out.

Last thing you want is to live your life with someone you don't understand and to just lie to her every day just so you can stay in a relationship.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2016 12:56pm | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:
Showing desinterest as well as interest is fine, as long as you are being honest and aren't playing a dating sim trying to hit the right answers.

Be honest now, do you really think Cuddles ever dated another human being?
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2016 1:06pm | Report
Searz wrote:
Be honest now, do you really think Cuddles ever dated another human being?
Whether I think that or not is irrelevant <3
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Thalia Kael

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide