Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

So... How do you make friends and pick up girls?

Creator: TheGeenius February 28, 2016 11:28pm
1 2 3 4 5 6
TheGeenius
<Member>
TheGeenius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2016 11:28pm | Report
This is a nice simple thread for talking about making friends and picking up girls.

So if you're a guy: what kind of tips do you have?
If you're a girl: What do you look for in a guy you just met?

Try to step away from vague answers like "confidence" and give more specific examples about interaction.

I'll start with something I think is pretty important: "Agree and Amplify"
Basically all humans have this habit of asking questions to see if a person is as cool or genuine as they say they are.
So, if a girl were to say something like:
"You're fat" (and I'm not saying any one in particular will say this. It is just a simple example.)
She is probably trying to see how confident you are in yourself.

A good reply would probably be:
"Yeah, I like eating a lot of ice cream." or "I'm not fat, I'm just a little husky."
It shows that you're not really worried about it, and it gives off a fun vibe.

Whereas:

If she said something like "Your shirt is really ugly"
And you get offended or say something like "Why?"
You basically lost all your confidence. Confidence includes not caring when people criticize you (unless the criticism is serious. In this example, a shirt is clearly of little importance.)
A better reply would be "I know, I don't like standing out too much" or "I know, I feel like dressing ugly is the only way to look unique."
These replies show that you don't really care what people think, and in the end show that you're really confident.
"Shut up, or **** off, ideally both, in either order"
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2016 12:21am | Report

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2016 1:15am | Report

I'm not moving to North America, **** that.

Basically MOBAFire.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2016 1:39am | Report
How2makefriends: Talk to people.

How2relationship: Ask a person that you know for more than a day out. Don't tryhard, pretend to be someone else etc., just do you feel is right in the moment. So don't be like this guy:

Change is gooooood
Picture by: VirusNG1
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2016 5:57am | Report
Also, as a real girl, don't be one of those guys who pretends to be friends with someone to get into their pants. That doesn't make you a "nice guy", especially if you get mad that said girl then wants to be friends with you instead of something else.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2016 6:32am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:
How2makefriends: Talk to people.

How2relationship: Ask a person that you know for more than a day out. Don't tryhard, pretend to be someone else etc., just do you feel is right in the moment. So don't be like this guy:

Meiyhe, you're gay.

Also, as a real girl, don't be one of those guys who pretends to be friends with someone to get into their pants. That doesn't make you a "nice guy", especially if you get mad that said girl then wants to be friends with you instead of something else.

And you're also g-

Wait.
nvm

Basically MOBAFire.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2016 6:43am | Report
I'm bisexual, but that doesn't really change much. :P
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2016 8:19am | Report
OK, so you should know what you are saying to her/him, and be really honest with her/him for she/he will tell you also the truth (hopefully). Sometimes it is not good if you don't say your feelings to her/him at all for someday, you might regret it. Don't act cool or what, just be true to others. Most people like a person who is really true to themselves, who can show their true personas. It tells them that they are comfortable on who you are.

But oops, it is a relationship advice, so don't mind me. ^_^
Thanks Vapora Dark for the sig!
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2016 8:54am | Report
Meiyhe, you're gay.
Well aren't you an observant one. I don't see how it affects anything I said tho :p
Change is gooooood
Picture by: My valentine; jamespongebob <3
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2016 9:57am | Report
If you don't rock the looks, you have to rock the personality. Personal hygiene really helps in any case though.

Really, confidence is the best answer to most questions. Be confident about yourself but don't appear aggressive or arrogant and ignorant. Don't talk about yourself but ask small but meaningful questions like "what do you do for living" and "what have you studied" - they are a great way to have something to talk about. Tell your intentions and your thoughts to the person you want to hit on (yes, it really helps if you say they are beautiful/handsome).

Smiling also usually helps (for me at least). I think it's all about that appearing nice and not aggressive thing.
1 2 3 4 5 6

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide