Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

So... How do you make friends and pick up girls?

Creator: TheGeenius February 28, 2016 11:28pm
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2016 11:50am | Report
Don't mind me everyone, I'm just here to take notes. ;)

Though personally I would say if you want to be a good conversationalist, actually make an effort to listen and expand on what the other person is saying. Even if you aren't really "interested," you can find ways to make it interesting. If someone's telling you about their hobby, ask them questions about how they got into it and what it means to them. Even if you're not interested in the subject, you can be interested in the person.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2016 12:23pm | Report
There's no real "how to" with people because they're people. I mean, sometimes you think you're being cool and nice and you're somehow coming accross as offensive, sometimes you think you're making a fool out of yourself and you're just being adorable.

Above all, be yourself and don't be afraid of what that means (of course if you're a mass murderer you should turn yourself in, but that's an exception). Don't waste your time with people that put you down or make you feel like you're less than them, don't put up with ******** you don't want to put up with. Only sacrifice yourself for people you know would do the same for you.

As for relationships, being yourself is even more important. That, and honesty not only towards the person/people you're with, but also towards yourself. If you keep shoving things you don't like that were done to you under the rug, eventually it'll blow up and be nasty. Don't put up with abuse or belittlement just because you love them.

Finally, keep an open mind. Don't knee-jerk react to things just because that's how you're supposed to act/react to them in X way.
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
TheGeenius
<Member>
TheGeenius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2016 5:54pm | Report
Something else I've made through observation and it might seem really counter intuitive:

Be obnoxious. Especially when you get rejected.
The more cocky you act, the better. Although there is a limit before people actually get annoyed.

If you've been saying a lot of stupid **** and the girl says: "Oh my god, shut up!"
You reply as quickly as you can "No, I don't want to. You can't make me." in the most childlike manner you can, whilst maintaining that **** eating grin.

This in its essence is criticism deflection, and it just massively boosts your confidence. Act like you deserve everything. That is not to say that you act like like someone else. Obviously you are going through everything with your own mind. Do not try to mimic someone else's thoughts. But DO try to see yourself as utterly deserving in what ever context you are in.

"Why are you taking so much cake!?"
"Because I want to ****ing eat it!"

*She drops your phone*
"Why the **** did you drop my phone?"
(In this example especially, you do not want to just let her say "Sorry it was an accident, and you follow it up with a glum "It's OK.")
"Shut up, or **** off, ideally both, in either order"
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2016 6:38pm | Report
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2016 6:52pm | Report
TheGeenius wrote:
Be obnoxious. Especially when you get rejected.
Sounds like a terrible advice.
TheGeenius
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2016 6:55pm | Report
Ekki wrote:
Sounds like a terrible advice.

What would it matter though. You got rejected. Might as well laugh it off.

She walks away and you're like: "But I make a **** ton of money"
In your heads it sounds stupid as **** and you just laugh at it. Instead of walking away sad.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2016 7:02pm | Report
As a woman, I'll be honest with you: someone being cocky and obnoxious isn't attractive to me, it's just annoying.
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2016 7:22pm | Report
You just have to be yourself. When people say "being obnoxious works" they're just saying "I saw this guy and he was being really obnoxious but he got the gurl anyways". He was probably just being himself and the girl happened to like that. In the end it's easier to be yourself and see if the girl likes it. If she doesn't, then there's not much more to do.
TheGeenius
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2016 7:42pm | Report
I just want to say that this isn't an exact science. This is based on general observations. You might meet someone who responds in a completely negative manner when you act cocky.

Ekki wrote:
You just have to be yourself. When people say "being obnoxious works" they're just saying "I saw this guy and he was being really obnoxious but he got the gurl anyways". He was probably just being himself and the girl happened to like that. In the end it's easier to be yourself and see if the girl likes it. If she doesn't, then there's not much more to do.

But why would settle like that. What if you meet the most beautiful girl you've ever seen. You would just let that type of thing pass off instead of fighting for it?

It's like saying a boxer shouldn't be keeping his chin down and his fists up because that's not the way he likes to stand while boxing. And if he doesn't win the match because his ****ty stance didn't work, that's just fate and it was meant to happen that way.
You shouldn't let fate control you. People say that "It's not being yourself" but I would wager to say that it is.
In the army you are taught to have deep respect for yourself and others. Your attitude changes and you start seeing the world in a much more grounded manner. Is this not yourself because had you not gone to the army, you would not have become like that? No...
Things like this are meant to expand the mind. If your excuse for not changing yourself for the better is: "But that's not who I really am" then your bound to fail.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2016 7:50pm | Report
If someone rejects you, you should let it go because that's the mature and respectful thing to do. You should respect their feelings enough to leave them alone if it's clear they don't want your attention.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide