Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Student protests in Macedonia (please spread...

Creator: XeresAce December 10, 2014 7:00pm
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2014 2:19pm | Report
Thid way,though, you also exclude good students(especially poor ones) from their right to education. It only strengthens capitalism and further allows the wealthier to exploit the poor even more.

And that's a terrible thing how?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2014 4:17pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:
And that's a terrible thing how?

I know you're probably not serious, but I'm gonna respond anyway:
Exploitation isn't terrible?

Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2014 4:35pm | Report
Searz wrote:

I know you're probably not serious, but I'm gonna respond anyway:
Exploitation isn't terrible?

That sounds like you looking at it the wrong way.

It sounds like a good way to clear out losers in college who will end up as minimum wage nobodies if you ask me.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2014 7:15pm | Report
Well, yeah, it definitely clears out some of those. But it also clears out some people who legitimately deserve an education.
I'm not entirely sure personally, but I tend to lean toward the people/students when it comes to issues like this considering how easy it is for them to get screwed over by ruling powers.
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2014 7:37pm | Report
Searz wrote:
Well, yeah, it definitely clears out some of those. But it also clears out some people who legitimately deserve an education.
I'm not entirely sure personally, but I tend to lean toward the people/students when it comes to issues like this considering how easy it is for them to get screwed over by ruling powers.

I legitimately deserve a million dollars.
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2014 3:46am | Report
Toshabi wrote:
The amendment sounds like a good way to weed out **** colleges. At least that's what it appears to be.

I can't be arsed to exam this issue any further, considering when you got college students, who would probably be at a party or huffing paint in class, sitting in front of a governmental institute shouting.

Well, people in this country who go to college generally spend their time working instead of attending parties. Do I even need to talk about drugs? Who has the money for that?

It doesn't weed out **** colleges. It weeds out poor students and only lets the rich people and, with some luck, smart people through. I personally wont have a problem with this myself, but how many people do you think strive to get perfect marks? Maybe some students are happy with being average? Maybe some students don't have the capacity to remember and recall 2 years of material? Maybe some just need more time to study, and despite wanting to study, have to spend that time working so they never truly got a chance? Just because they don't have "genius" - level intellect doesn't mean they're not worthy enough to receive a chance at a normal life...

If this rule goes through the academic citizens of our country will be composed of about 10% legitimate students who excelled beyond their peers, 85% rich people who bought their diplomas (yes, it's a thing here. As long as you have the money all you need is to talk to maybe 2-3 people and you'll get your diploma) and 5% average students who got lucky enough to pass...
Thanks to Koksei for the sig!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2014 6:48am | Report
Wait....two years of material? I know nothing about this test, but here you take at least one of two tests that expects you to remember at least 4 years worth of material. You're required to have a score on one of them to even be able to apply to any good college and the amount of scholarships they give you is often based on that. >.>

Also marks have nothing to do with intelligence, they mostly reflect your ability to complete the work given you. When you're bored out of your skull constantly because they've rehashed the same **** 5 times and can't be bothered to do homework it kind of offsets your test scores even when you're pulling As on your tests without studying. This being from a person who got mostly Bs purely out of laziness. Yea, I was THAT guy in HS...the one who did maybe 25% of the homework and still showed up and got good grades on the tests. This is 'murica though...sooo yea.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2014 7:49am | Report
Well, last I checked the American education system was kind of a mess.
Over-reliance on multiple-choice and other silly stuff.

The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2014 7:58am | Report
Searz wrote:
It's mostly a mess because classes end up being catered to the stupidest people instead of forcing people to take remedial classes/giving them actual help when they don't know what they should. That means people like me spend most of high school incredibly bored, while people like my middle brother (who has learning disabilities related to test-taking and math) spend most of high school struggling to pass unless they manage to convince the school they need extra help. Also classes are often overcrowded, schools overfilled. My high school underwent massive renovations after I graduated, now being at least half again as large as it was before, because it was holding far more than its capacity at 2500 students (the largest high school in the state).

Multiple choice is an issue because the more tests you can do at once the easier, another side effect of overcrowded classes.

This doesn't change the fact that they expect you to retain 4 years of information and take a test before applying to colleges.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2014 11:13am | Report
Searz wrote:

Indeed, the public schooling system is a joke. This is why I chose to work for 2 years for cash and go to a private university. The quality of education is incredible in comparison.

And as for the topic at hand, on the contrary, it seems like the rich benefit because private universities, for the most part, seem to be unaffected by this given the quality of education provided in comparison to some of these universities.

If you're willing to pass someone with a college education for studying subjects like "Belly button lint 101", you better damn believe they should be denied a diploma.
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide