Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

The issue of asylum seekers in Germany (and...

Creator: emoriam December 15, 2014 10:20am
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2014 6:13pm | Report
WW2 all over again, emarghed!!!
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
BurnAugust
<Member>
BurnAugust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2014 12:33am | Report
Look guys, my point of view is that there is no point in trying to exile immigrant's from a specific country. I'm an immigrant, I've lived in many countries because my family moved all the time. Right now, I live in Egypt, so I do know what the whole deal about "Islam" and "Anti-Islam" is all about.

You CAN'T allow immigration, and after 10 years decide you don't want these people anymore in your country because.. well, you just don't want and that's it, or for whatever reason is that you are protesting.

Also please, don't involve religion in this.. it's the stupidest thing ever happened to mankind.

Islam is not ISIS, or AL QAEDA, or F***ING BIN LADEN. These idiots are suicidal extremists.

Christianity is not THE VATICAN, or THE ANTI-ISLAM MOVEMENT.

And yes, check this one out..

Judaism is not ZIONISM!

How come you don't complain about Zionists? Oh wait.. that's because you don't see them on TV, that's why. :3

Fail. Epic Fail. Total Epic Fail of Human History Fail.

I hate how people just involve religion EVERYWHERE! It pisses me off.

And no, I'm not religious.. at all. I'm an agnostic.. but does it matter?

Seriously.. it's too late to talk about immigration or it's ban in any country. The whole world is mixed the f*** up. There are Russian EVERYWHERE.. There are Arabs EVERYWHERE. There are British EVERYWHERE.. Italians are EVERYWHERE, so are Spanish, Portuguese, Brazilian, I can keep on counting.

So you know what I say?

Go cry. Go cry under your bed.

And I hope that no one gets big ideas from these stupid marches, protests or whatever they appear to be. And hope that this person doesn't have mommy-daddy issues too. And I hope he doesn't grow stupid mustache.. or Dirty Sanchez or whatever that was..

Otherwise we're going to see a large scale extermination of Arabs this time.. and it's not going to be pretty.

United will fail, divided will fall!

TROLLing1999
<Member>
TROLLing1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2014 7:38am | Report
BurnAugust wrote:
Look guys, my point of view is that there is no point in trying to exile immigrant's from a specific country. I'm an immigrant, I've lived in many countries because my family moved all the time. Right now, I live in Egypt, so I do know what the whole deal about "Islam" and "Anti-Islam" is all about.

You CAN'T allow immigration, and after 10 years decide you don't want these people anymore in your country because.. well, you just don't want and that's it, or for whatever reason is that you are protesting.

Also please, don't involve religion in this.. it's the stupidest thing ever happened to mankind.

Islam is not ISIS, or AL QAEDA, or F***ING BIN LADEN. These idiots are suicidal extremists.

Christianity is not THE VATICAN, or THE ANTI-ISLAM MOVEMENT.

And yes, check this one out..

Judaism is not ZIONISM!

Very good point. It's really disgusting how certain people indentify religion(s) with people or organisations. Religion itself is not a negative thing. Jesus never asked anyone to fight in his name, neither is something like this in the Koran(afaik, at least). Other than that religion has actually done good to people. It taught humanity the moral values and still does to some extent. I am not saying religion only has positive aspects, I myself am not religious. I just think that if choosing not be religious because of the wars in the name of the god is a weak arguement, I personally choose not to believe in any god because there is no scientific proof for the existence of some supernatural being.\\

@caucheka: How is nationalism not bad? How can you prove this? Have you not heard of Hitler? Unless, he actually inspires you...in which case I refuse to argue with you anymore.

Also,yes, you can be proud of your nation's accomplishments. But you should also acknowledge that it is not perfect and that your ancestors have done several mistakes as well(idk where you come from but that yields for every single country). Most importantly, though, you must acknowledge the accomplishments of other nations as well and do not just ignore their contribution to humanity.

As for your last statement...either find some reasonable arguement or do not mention things like that at all because you are wrong.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2014 7:58am | Report
The fact that Adolf used nationalism for manipulation and getting absolute power doesn't prove nationalism is bad, it proves that it can be used for manipulating people.

I agree with Searz, can we do this without making WW2 references all the time? The only aspect of WW2 what would be up for discussion is what happened afterwards, because I think it's related to the current "social government system" in Germany for example.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2014 8:10am | Report
Indeed, WW2 has nothing in common with this topic as it can be related to other societies as well ignoring any historical backgrounds.
I do also not agree that it has got that much in common with racism (I dislike that term because I think it's overused on aspects which not really relate to it at least the German word) because it's more about hate against religion, nationalism and xenophobia. People are really malign the people by saying they're apparently terrorists and in a few years there won't be more "real" German than foreigns ones.

The government is criticising these demonstrations but I also cannot see any further work on improving the situations except for demonstrations against it.
Thanks to Natuhlee for this sig!
TROLLing1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2014 8:18am | Report
I do not see why WW2 has nothing to do with the topic...or at least where we were actually lead to. My comment was more of a direct reply to caucheka rather than a statement on the topic. And nationalism is actually related to racism.

Also the whole idea of a national identity and the denial to accept anything different are not a good thing, in my eyes, or in the eyes of most people, in fact.
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2014 8:28am | Report
I do not see why WW2 has nothing to do with the topic...or at least where we were actually lead to. My comment was more of a direct reply to caucheka rather than a statement on the topic. And nationalism is actually related to racism.

Also the whole idea of a national identity and the denial to accept anything different are not a good thing, in my eyes, or in the eyes of most people, in fact.

Talking about racism does isn't it rather a from of discrimination as racism is related to the theory that there are human races? Or did the term evolve?
Thanks to Natuhlee for this sig!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2014 10:23am | Report

Claims are being made, evidence or argumentation is nowhere to be found. Please try to explain why you think what you think.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
TROLLing1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2014 11:04am | Report
emoriam wrote:

Talking about racism does isn't it rather a from of discrimination as racism is related to the theory that there are human races? Or did the term evolve?

I did not understand exactly what you mean. If you are asking me how nationalism is related to racism, then the answer is that the idea of the national identity involves race as well. Consequently, racist behaviour is common among political groups/parties that support nationalism.

Claims are being made, evidence or argumentation is nowhere to be found. Please try to explain why you think what you think.

Why I think nationalism is bad?

Because it shows complete denial to anything different, which is opposite to the human rights, according to which diversity should be accepted. It is morally wrong(that's debateable, I know) and encourages discriminations or even violent actions against certain minorities. Finally, it is not needed for anyone else but for the politicians and the rich who are exploiting the society's needs for the sake of their own interests. Enough? Or need more?

Above all, nationalism is not needed. It's just another form of propanda, that does not really solve any issues. What is needed, especially nowadays, is immigration.
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2014 11:11am | Report

I did not understand exactly what you mean. If you are asking me how nationalism is related to racism, then the answer is that the idea of the national identity involves race as well. Consequently, racist behaviour is common among political groups/parties that support nationalism.

That's wrong. The idea of national identity doesn't support the idea of racism because racism is clarified by the idea of the existance of human races. All the other kinds of harrassment you're relating to are discriminations and xenophobia. A religion or culture can equal a race if you're a racist but a national identity isn't supposed to be such thing.
Thanks to Aquilegia for this sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide