Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

torchlight 2

Creator: caucheka September 21, 2012 9:55am
93 posts - page 2 of 10
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 11:30am | Report
The dead island trailer was brilliant because it showed you the setting very very well, and was also very touching (I'm assuming you mean the first one, I don't think I saw the second).
The torchlight 2 trailer doesn't show anything. It tried to show you the classes but fails tremendously at doing so. All it is is some random 1 sec clips that convey no information whatsoever. You reach the end of the trailer thinking "wtf did I just watch?".

Dead Island's trailer makes me want to play the game, Torchlight 2's does the exact opposite.
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 11:53am | Report
Diablo 3 is better then Torchlight 2.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 11:56am | Report
Action RPGs tend to be chaotic like that, Canoas.

The trouble with Dead Island's trailer is that it's 100% cinematic. I actually look for gameplay footage in trailers, because they tell me what the game actually looks like. Dead Island's trailer, while spectacular, doesn't have any. The game could be a 2D platformer, for all I can tell from it (and while, yes, that'd be a bit of a stretch, the point is that it's possible).
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 11:58am | Report
No, they don't. Did you even watch the trailer?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 3:49pm | Report
Canoas wrote:

The dead island trailer was brilliant because it showed you the setting very very well

I would argue that the Torchlight trailer showed more about the actual game than Dead Island did..
"Moral justification is a powerful disengagement mechanism. Destructive conduct is made personally and socially acceptable by portraying it in the service of moral ends." - Albert Bandura

"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 4:35pm | Report
Yukimaru wrote:

Diablo 3 is better then Torchlight 2.

Indeed, TOO BAD OTAKUS HAVE NO TASTE IN GAMES
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 4:37pm | Report
I didn't understand **** about the game from the trailer. All I know from the trailer is that there's 4 new classes whose names I couldn't even memorize since it just appeared for 1 sec and that there's plenty of explosions of several colours. With the dead island trailer at least I knew it's about zombies.

IMO a trailer's purpose is to tell you what the game is about, not to show you the game play. However, even if you think that a trailer should show you the gameplay, torchlight's trailer failed miserably.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 4:49pm | Report
My favourite trailer is probably WoW:WotlK. What does it tell you about the game? It tells you that you're going to face Arthas and his undead minions. That's enough. I want to know what I'm going to do in the game regardless of the game mechanics. For that I have youtube or gameplay trailers. Dead Island does this as well, it tells me I'm going to be running away from/killing zombies. Diablo 3's trailer also tells me that I'm going to face Diablo. What does torchlight's trailer tell me? I have no clue what I'm going to be doing in the game (or would do if I had any desire to play it). It doesn't tell me anything at all about the game besides that it'll some classes and have tons of multi coloured explosions. How the hell is that a good trailer? I still don't know what the **** the game is about. It could even be about raping unicorns for all I know.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 10:42pm | Report
Okay.. Let's agree to disagree then.

I don't know why I even bother. You're probably in "confrontational-mode".
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 11:29pm | Report
you can't argue with canoas. hes a brick wall.

but can we please go back to discussing the game? anyone else play it?
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide