Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

torchlight 2

Creator: caucheka September 21, 2012 9:55am
93 posts - page 8 of 10
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2012 8:10am | Report
Don't be mean Tosh. Cau has said a couple of very stupid things, but not everything he says is rubbish.

I personally like Yahtzee's opinion on D3.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/5777-Diablo-3

Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2012 8:48am | Report
Moonedge wrote:
Are you bashing on Rock****64? ARE YOU ****ING ******ED? Are you going to bash on Zero Punctuation next? This is why I think you're a stupid ****ing loser, and everyone else too. He actually gave it the review it deserved, it was a ****ty game. I'm willing to bet that you're one of those dumb D3 fanboys who thinks it's good because the title is "Diablo 3" Temzilla, are you mentally handicapped? Torchlight 2 has an offline play mode, where you don't need internet to play. And it has Lan.

ALSO THE RANDOM GENERATION D3 WAS AWFUL AND EVERY DUNGEON WAS ALMOST THE EXACT SAME!

TL;DR Diablo 3 was ****ty as ****tits, Torchlight 2 was good, but repetitive. Rock****64 is a good reviewer, and you just can't take that.

If I misunderstood your point, please. Please, don't tell me because I don't ****ing care.

Yeah, the guy is a ****ing joke.

I don't even play Diablo 3, i don't like the game, but not for any of the reasons he listed.

The random generation was great in D3. Torchlight 1(haven't played 2 obviously.) has terrible random generation in comparison, IMO.

"good, but repetitive" a.k.a. terrible

I also didn't play Diablo 3 more than once. I played through the story, and got to 60 to see all the abilities of my class.

(also, at no point did i have to grind until i got to hell difficulty.)
Tri lane for life.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2012 10:21am | Report
Moonedge wrote:
Uh, the random gen is bad, the story is bad, the combat is bad, the leveling is bad, the servers are bad, loot is bad, RMAH is bad, the grinding bad, the lack of side-quests is bad. Anything I missed?
I asked you to explain why it's bad and your explanation is that it's bad? Makes sense. It's perfectly logical.
If you want to criticize a game make sure you actually know anything about it. Just saying it's bad is not enough. I can say anything is bad, I can even say your mom is bad if I want to and it won't mean **** without the why.
caucheka wrote:
because d3 has no inventory management and its sequel to a game that had inventory management.
torchlight 2 has no inventory management and its predecessor, torchlight 1, didn't have inventory management.

also, where did i say that the inventory in torchlight 2 is superior?
So if a game has a bad feature all it's successors must have the same bad features? I thought the objective was to keep the good ones and change the bad. I guess I was wrong all along..

You didn't, but since you're whining about the inventory and this is a torchlight topic I would imagine that you'd criticize torchlight as well instead of including a feature that in your view torchlight 2 made even worse as a reason as to why torchlight 2 is better than Diablo 3.

Searz wrote:

Well, he missed a major part of the skill system so part of his "opinion" is really unfounded.
In D3, like he said, there are 6 buttons and each button has 4 possible skills with 5 possible runes each. However, in the options menu you can activate an option to allow you to choose whatever skill you want in each button. The option used to be a bit hidden (I only found it when I was lvl 40), but now it's much more obvious and they bring it to your attention in the tips.

The rest of his critique, with the exception of the always online thingy, was really about these types of games in general, it applies as much to D3 as it applies to Torchlight 2 or D2. Hack & Slash games are based on grinding and farming and that's what people want in these games. Obviously not everyone will like the genre.
Moonedge
<Member>
Moonedge's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2012 6:49pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Yeah, the guy is a ****ing joke.

I don't even play Diablo 3, i don't like the game, but not for any of the reasons he listed.

The random generation was great in D3. Torchlight 1(haven't played 2 obviously.) has terrible random generation in comparison, IMO.

"good, but repetitive" a.k.a. terrible

I also didn't play Diablo 3 more than once. I played through the story, and got to 60 to see all the abilities of my class.

(also, at no point did i have to grind until i got to hell difficulty.)

You don't play the game, and you don't like it, which is why you got all your characters to level 60? 110% legit.

I'm just gonna flat out say this; there was no random generation in D3. It wasn't there. The RG in TL1 is good, the RG in TL2 is better. The RG in D1 is good, The RG in d2 is better. The RG in D3? WHAT RANDOM GENERATION.

And Canoas. You're slightly more mentally damaged than Temzilla (shocker..) The game was bad, because everything in it was bad. I never stated "Diablo 3 is a bad game because it's a bad game." I listed the things in the game that were bad, that added together, ruined the game's entirety. I played and beat D3. there is no point of playing harder difficulties. I sold my account 3 days after launch to a friend for 25$ and I was done with it. It was a garbage game, I'm done with this VERY one-sided argument, that you lost.. I might add. You're only saying it's good because it's good.

Hypocrisy, too. Is perfectly logical.
Thank you everyone for the sigs. <3
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2012 7:00pm | Report
ITT: People trying to convince people who like a game to stop liking a game.

Oh, and Temzilla saying a game is great when he hasn't even played it.

Oh, and caucheka being a dumb dumb.
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2012 7:07pm | Report
Lol an argument about which bad game is better :P

On top of that, they're both hack and slash's, there's not even a difference between them xD
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2012 7:19pm | Report
This thread is now about Pokemon Black and White 2.

I'm not digging some of the new song remixes. :|
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2012 7:42pm | Report
Tosh, I thought you'd be loving B&W2, I mean, there's a MLP pokemon now o.o
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2012 8:01pm | Report
Moonedge wrote:
You don't play the game, and you don't like it, which is why you got all your characters to level 60? 110% legit.

I'm just gonna flat out say this; there was no random generation in D3. It wasn't there. The RG in TL1 is good, the RG in TL2 is better. The RG in D1 is good, The RG in d2 is better. The RG in D3? WHAT RANDOM GENERATION.

And Canoas. You're slightly more mentally damaged than Temzilla (shocker..) The game was bad, because everything in it was bad. I never stated "Diablo 3 is a bad game because it's a bad game." I listed the things in the game that were bad, that added together, ruined the game's entirety. I played and beat D3. there is no point of playing harder difficulties. I sold my account 3 days after launch to a friend for 25$ and I was done with it. It was a garbage game, I'm done with this VERY one-sided argument, that you lost.. I might add. You're only saying it's good because it's good.

Hypocrisy, too. Is perfectly logical.

I got 1 character, a barbarian to 60, i started grinding LEVELS, NOT GEAR, in Act 2 hell, because the monsters were level 55 and i was level 45, also you need to be 60 to start inferno, which i only completed Act 1 of.

The random generation in D3 makes it so you can't walk through the same dungeon every reroll, but it looks familiar, it is a lot better imo than D2's "oh hey look, a cave!". D3 has a much more rich setting than fields and caves the entire game.

I'm not saying that D3 is good, but it's bad for WAY different reasons than this idiot reviewer brings up.

there's a MLP pokemon now o.o

Ponyta, gg, been in the game 13 years.
Tri lane for life.
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2012 8:30pm | Report
No, Ponyta is like an actual pony, and on top of that it's all fiery and cool looking.

THIS on the other hand, looks qute similar to MLP :P
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide