Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

torchlight 2

Creator: caucheka September 21, 2012 9:55am
93 posts - page 7 of 10
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2012 4:14pm | Report
Who remembers "Too Human"? Man I loved that game, even if it wasn't "amazing" by most people's standards. The gear and the combat made me feel like a ***********ing bad ***.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2012 4:20pm | Report
@Searz
Fair enough, but then you can't claim D3 is repetitive either. D3 is as much repetitive as D2.

And I really liked D3's story. It's simple and short, but it's pretty good. I still come buckets every time..
Spoiler: Click to view
At least for me it is one of the most memorable cutscenes I've seen in a video game.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 12:28am | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Yes, the GAME was ****ty, but so was Borderlands 2, and every other rpg game released in the last three or four years.

dragon age origins didnt have a ****ty story. it was generic, but not ****ty. also, outside of handsome jack barely anything of the writing of borderlands 2 was good, while most of it was full of ****ty ****ing references.

Quoted:
Modern rpgs really aren't about good gameplay, because ultimately the genre is pretty boring. The story telling in D3 and in Borderlands and other games was really good too.

you're confusing 'casual' and 'modern'. maybe if you want to click button = awesome, rpgs are boring, but i love rpgs. d3s 'story' was hammy and ******ed, plot twists that everyone could see months before the game came out, and again borderlands 2 was full of lazy references.

Quoted:
Also, he called D3 easier because the inventory isn't a huge pain in the ***...

And then he says you have to grind to get past the 2nd act in normal, I don't think i can even watch the rest of that video...

whats wrong with the way diablo 2 did inventory outside it being a pain in the ***, apparently? and i havn't played diablo 3 so i cant comment on the grind part.

Quoted:
Oh my god, then he has a problem with how they greatly improved the random generation of the dungeons?

And then he is conspiring that the patches affecting item drops were all to get more money out of people on the RMAH.

greatly improved my ***, as he said dungeons in diablo 2 actually felt randomly generated, while diablo 3s dungeons take the same exact rooms in different placements. and how can you conspire fact? even if it wasn't done on purpose, it affected the auction house in a way that puts more money into blizzards pocket.

Quoted:
You just put Diablo 3 up against titles such as "Syndicate", "Mass Effect 3", "Sniper Elite v2", "Battleship", and "Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor".

havn't heard of syndicate or steel battalion, but yes. diablo 3 is on that list.

its not terrible, because i'm playing it.
-temzilla
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 4:31am | Report
caucheka wrote:
and i havn't played diablo 3 so i cant comment on the grind part.

HAHAHAHA
Seriously, wtf? So you admit never having played D3 yet you feel like you know enough to judge the game because you watched a ******ed review? Really? That's your standard now?
If you had watched any decent review the only thing you would know for certain is that it's grindy as ****. The only thing you do after the first 10h of gameplay (that's when you finish the game in normal) is grind xp, items and gold. Which is why some people like diablo and some don't. I have no idea how none of the reviews you watched mentioned the grinding part..

EDIT: I wasn't going to comment on each separate point since you don't know what you're talking about, but this is worth my time.
caucheka wrote:
whats wrong with the way diablo 2 did inventory outside it being a pain in the ***, apparently?
It's amazing how you claim that the inventory system in D2 is better when it's clearly annoying as ****. BUT HEY I GUESS TORCHLIGHT 2 IS EVEN WORSE BECAUSE EACH ITEM ONLY OCCUPIES ONE SLOT. Seriously, how can you criticize D3 for making it easier to manage your inventory and praise Torchlight 2 when they made it even easier? If D3 does it then it's a bad thing, if torchlight does it then it's a good thing. Hmmm... there's something fishy about this. You could at least try to hide how biased you are.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 4:43am | Report
Canoas wrote:

@Searz
Fair enough, but then you can't claim D3 is repetitive either. D3 is as much repetitive as D2.

Yes indeed.

Quoted:
And I really liked D3's story. It's simple and short, but it's pretty good. I still come buckets every time..
Spoiler: Click to view
At least for me it is one of the most memorable cutscenes I've seen in a video game.

I've heard a lot about how D3 ***** on the old story and just screw things up.
I haven't played enough to see it so I can't really say for certain though.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 4:56am | Report
Searz wrote:
I've heard a lot about how D3 ***** on the old story and just screw things up.
I haven't played enough to see it so I can't really say for certain though.

There's only one part where D3 kind of ***** on D2.
In D2 Diablo's and Mephisto's soulstones are destroyed and the other lesser were defeated as well. This means that in D3 diablo must come back to life somehow. To fix this they say that even though the soulstones were destroyed the souls were still wandering around, unable to take form, which means evil wouldn't disappear from the world.
They didn't completely **** on it, they made an explanation to work around the fact that they need Diablo to be alive in order to make Diablo 3. It was necessary and it didn't turn out so bad, they should have explored that a little more though, maybe we could have helped finding one of the lesser evils souls.
Moonedge
<Member>
Moonedge's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 5:55pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Yes, the GAME was ****ty, but so was Borderlands 2, and every other rpg game released in the last three or four years.

Modern rpgs really aren't about good gameplay, because ultimately the genre is pretty boring. The story telling in D3 and in Borderlands and other games was really good too.

Also, he called D3 easier because the inventory isn't a huge pain in the ***...

And then he says you have to grind to get past the 2nd act in normal, I don't think i can even watch the rest of that video...

Oh my god, then he has a problem with how they greatly improved the random generation of the dungeons?

And then he is conspiring that the patches affecting item drops were all to get more money out of people on the RMAH.

And then he goes on about how the MASSIVELY MULTI PLAYER ONLINE ROLE PLAYING GAME, DIABLO 3, has to be online all the time in order to play.

AND THEN HE ****ING SELLS YOU TORCHLIGHT 2, WHICH HAS ALWAYS ONLINE DRM.

This guy is a ****ing joke, thanks for the laugh.

Are you bashing on Rock****64? ARE YOU ****ING ******ED? Are you going to bash on Zero Punctuation next? This is why I think you're a stupid ****ing loser, and everyone else too. He actually gave it the review it deserved, it was a ****ty game. I'm willing to bet that you're one of those dumb D3 fanboys who thinks it's good because the title is "Diablo 3" Temzilla, are you mentally handicapped? Torchlight 2 has an offline play mode, where you don't need internet to play. And it has Lan.

ALSO THE RANDOM GENERATION D3 WAS AWFUL AND EVERY DUNGEON WAS ALMOST THE EXACT SAME!

Temzilla wrote:

You just put Diablo 3 up against titles such as "Syndicate", "Mass Effect 3", "Sniper Elite v2", "Battleship", and "Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor".

Syndicate wasn't bad, I enjoyed it. It was a well made FPS. Mass Effect 3 was only ruined because of the ending. SE v2 was garbage. Never played the Battleship game, and I have no clue what Heavy Armor is. Let me guess. You think that Fez and Minecraft or Terraria are good games.

TL;DR Diablo 3 was ****ty as ****tits, Torchlight 2 was good, but repetitive. Rock****64 is a good reviewer, and you just can't take that.

If I misunderstood your point, please. Please, don't tell me because I don't ****ing care.
Thank you everyone for the sigs. <3
Moonedge
<Member>
Moonedge's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 6:01pm | Report
Canoas wrote:

@Moonedge
Care to explain why? So far I've found that the people bashing D3 have no clue what the game is about or just saw some dubious reviews about the game.

Uh, the random gen is bad, the story is bad, the combat is bad, the leveling is bad, the servers are bad, loot is bad, RMAH is bad, the grinding bad, the lack of side-quests is bad. Anything I missed?
Thank you everyone for the sigs. <3
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 9:00pm | Report
Canoas wrote:

Seriously, how can you criticize D3 for making it easier to manage your inventory and praise Torchlight 2 when they made it even easier?

because d3 has no inventory management and its sequel to a game that had inventory management.
torchlight 2 has no inventory management and its predecessor, torchlight 1, didn't have inventory management.

also, where did i say that the inventory in torchlight 2 is superior?
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 10:16pm | Report
Why is Caucheka in charge of video game threads? This guy is so ignorant, even /v/ doesn't want him around anymore. How the **** one pulls that off I don't even know.

Anyways, continue. I wanna see Caucheka be dumb!
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide