Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

torchlight 2

Creator: caucheka September 21, 2012 9:55am
93 posts - page 4 of 10
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 11:33am | Report
caucheka wrote:

but diablo 3 sucked ***. torchlight 2 is quadruple the game d3 is at a third of the cost.

Actually, Diablo 3 is at least 13 times as good as Torchlight 2, so the cost seems fair to me.
Inferiae
<Member>
Inferiae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 3:19pm | Report
Diablo 3 was a beautifully crafted game, my biggest issues with it are some of the awful directions the game took, the random nature of gear in order to support the RMAH, online only play and no character customization (been spoilt by MMO's)

Despite the above I still loved D3, but T2 represents a lot of things I agree with, not only does it correct the above, it's all done by a small company who openly supports mods and a fair pricing scheme, correct it's not as good as Diablo 3, but it's still incredibly good, and I'll support any company with the same mindset as Runic Games
Thanks Xiaowiriamu for the awesome signature!
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 3:42pm | Report
Well, the problems are being fixed. The legendaries are now legendary, you can progress beyond max lvl with the paragon system which also boosts your drop rate, the difficulty has been adjusted, the classes and skills are being balanced, etc.
However, the biggest change has yet to come. Right now once you beat the game there won't be much left to do. You've beat it, it's done. With the patch 1.0.5 this will change, you will be able to adjust the difficulty yourself, and the higher the difficulty is the higher the drop rate/xp is and better items will drop. This means you will have a reason to keep playing and actually be rewarded when doing so.

When D3 launched it had many flaws, but there's one thing you should not forget: Blizzard is greedy. Blizzard will not leave a game like D3 to rot when it could be getting them mountains of cash. Soon D3 will be one of the best games out there, and unlike torchlight 2 it will remain at the top for a long time.
So yes, torchlight 2 is much cheaper than Diablo 3, but in the long run D3 will be worth much more than what it cost.
Inferiae
<Member>
Inferiae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2012 7:27pm | Report
The addition of PvP would go a long way to making D3 awesome again, and I have no doubt Blizzard will continuously add content until it's what they initially intended it to be, however will this outweigh what the community is able to do with the awesome mod tools Runic Games has provided for T2? only time will tell :)
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2012 3:40am | Report
Before they implement PvP they need to make sure "PvE" is balanced.

I doubt the mods will do much, maybe it'll keep people playing the game for a few extra weeks but that won't make much difference.
Inferiae
<Member>
Inferiae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 7:28pm | Report
Well I'm not a modder so I don't know what kind of things they'll be able to create, all I know is that the correct modding tools in the right hands leads to some serious awesomeness

With respect, it seems highly ironic to be devaluing the power of the modding community whilst posting on a forum that wouldn't even exist without modding in the first place ;)
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2012 7:36am | Report
Inferiae wrote:

With respect, it seems highly ironic to be devaluing the power of the modding community whilst posting on a forum that wouldn't even exist without modding in the first place ;)

There's a very big different between moding in games like W3 and in games like torchlight. In W3 you could change and create whatever you wanted, the core and objective of each game would have nothing in common, only the interface remained. Torchlight 2 modding will surely be more like NW's, you can create new maps but the game will remain the same, which means people will become bored.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2012 8:05am | Report
have you seen the modding that happened in torchlight 1? over 10 classes were created.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2012 8:23am | Report
I think the modding tools are more extensive than you think Canoas.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2012 1:34pm | Report
If you want to play D3, you play D3. If you want to play TL2, you play TL2.

I play both.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide