Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

torchlight 2

Creator: caucheka September 21, 2012 9:55am
93 posts - page 6 of 10
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2012 5:58pm | Report
@MrCuddowls
Horrible? It's definitely one of the best games that came out in the last few years. Can't wait till 1.0.5.
By a lot of gold you mean around 1000 millions, right? If so then I'd love to hear your tactic.

@Temzilla
Yeah, but it takes sooo long. Right now I have 35 million and I'm a bit afraid to use it. A small mistake and I just wasted my chance of getting semi-decent gear.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2012 7:32pm | Report
Diablo 3 feels repetitive and a let down from 2, especially after you beat it. Just my 2 cents.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2012 10:16pm | Report
yeah, it was totally awesome.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Moonedge
<Member>
Moonedge's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2012 12:12pm | Report
Diablo 3 is by far the worst game to come out this year.
Thank you everyone for the sigs. <3
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2012 12:35pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

yeah, it was totally awesome.

Yes, the GAME was ****ty, but so was Borderlands 2, and every other rpg game released in the last three or four years.

Modern rpgs really aren't about good gameplay, because ultimately the genre is pretty boring. The story telling in D3 and in Borderlands and other games was really good too.

Also, he called D3 easier because the inventory isn't a huge pain in the ***...

And then he says you have to grind to get past the 2nd act in normal, I don't think i can even watch the rest of that video...

Oh my god, then he has a problem with how they greatly improved the random generation of the dungeons?

And then he is conspiring that the patches affecting item drops were all to get more money out of people on the RMAH.

And then he goes on about how the MASSIVELY MULTI PLAYER ONLINE ROLE PLAYING GAME, DIABLO 3, has to be online all the time in order to play.

AND THEN HE ****ING SELLS YOU TORCHLIGHT 2, WHICH HAS ALWAYS ONLINE DRM.

This guy is a ****ing joke, thanks for the laugh.
Tri lane for life.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2012 12:42pm | Report
@H4xDefender
D3 feels repetitive and D2 didn't? Sureeee. I think you're mistaking D2 with hello kitty online, D2 was repetitive as ****. All you did in the game was farm, you ran through the content over and over again hoping for some good drops.

@Caucheka
LOOOOOL that dude is such ******. I put the video at 2:30 just to see what it was like and the dude was already spewing ******** with no reason whatsoever. Maybe you should try to watch decent reviews instead of people who invent non-existing problems just so they can bash the game. It's so funny the things he decides to bash on.
"D3 sucks because now you can't explore a zone before the story takes you there"
"D3 sucks because the items are no longer different sizes and inventory management is now easy"
Seriously? Those are the reasons D3 sucks? Because you need to do the story (after you've done it you can freely explore) and because it's no longer a pain in the *** to sort your inventory? lol He dedicated 6 mins of his review to these two "problems". I didn't bother watching the other 8, but if this review proves anything is that D3 is definitely one of the best games. Just look at the imaginary "problems" he tried to find just so he could bash the game.

@Moonedge
Care to explain why? So far I've found that the people bashing D3 have no clue what the game is about or just saw some dubious reviews about the game.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2012 12:48pm | Report
Moonedge wrote:

Diablo 3 is by far the worst game to come out this year.

You just put Diablo 3 up against titles such as "Syndicate", "Mass Effect 3", "Sniper Elite v2", "Battleship", and "Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor".
Tri lane for life.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2012 3:13pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Modern rpgs really aren't about good gameplay, because ultimately the genre is pretty boring. The story telling in D3 and in Borderlands and other games was really good too.

Wait, so you're saying that Borderlands and Diablo3 has "really good story"?
Are you kidding me? ಠ_ಠ
Quoted:
And then he goes on about how the MASSIVELY MULTI PLAYER ONLINE ROLE PLAYING GAME, DIABLO 3, has to be online all the time in order to play.

AND THEN HE ****ING SELLS YOU TORCHLIGHT 2, WHICH HAS ALWAYS ONLINE DRM.

Lol, what?
D3 is a hack n' slash lootfest, not an MMORPG.
Torchlight 2 is an MMORPG by your standards in that case, and Torchlight DOESN'T require you to be online...
Canoas wrote:

D3 feels repetitive and D2 didn't? Sureeee. I think you're mistaking D2 with hello kitty online, D2 was repetitive as ****. All you did in the game was farm, you ran through the content over and over again hoping for some good drops.

I think it's only the crazy nerds who did that :P

I play it through once on normal/hard and don't grind ****. I think most other people do that too.
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2012 3:36pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Wait, so you're saying that Borderlands and Diablo3 have "really good story"?
Are you kidding me? ಠ_ಠ

Lol, what?
D3 is a hack n' slash lootfest, not an MMORPG.
Torchlight 2 is an MMORPG by your standards in that case, and Torchlight DOESN'T require you to be online...

Yes, I've played through both games a total of once, i enjoyed them, but they are like a book driven by suspense, it's a decent story, but you won't really read it more than once.

D3 is an MMO.

My fault, i was actually confusing Torchlight 2 with Max Payne 3, don't ask why... And if Torchlight 2 does not have to be online, it is not an MMO.

If D3 is not an MMO, what do you do?

You click a bunch, hit 1-4 on your keyboard, and you run a dungeon to get phat loot, and it all plays upon the basic incentives of gambling. It's just world of warcraft.

Arguably, the only "fun" part of D2 (imo, having played it for two years) was the PVP.

Only weirdos play a 10 hour single player RPG for thousands of hours.
Tri lane for life.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2012 4:02pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Yes, I've played through both games a total of once, i enjoyed them, but they are like a book driven by suspense, it's a decent story, but you won't really read it more than once.

If you'd pay more attention to the story you would notice a lot of holes and probably many stupid things.
It's okay if a game has less than good story, most games are not played for their story. I mean, take a proper look at some Mario games, lol.

Quoted:
My fault, i was actually confusing Torchlight 2 with Max Payne 3, don't ask why... And if Torchlight 2 does not have to be online, it is not an MMO.

If D3 is not an MMO, what do you do?

You click a bunch, hit 1-4 on your keyboard, and you run a dungeon to get phat loot, and it all plays upon the basic incentives of gambling. It's just world of warcraft.

I think you've misunderstood the whole concept..
MMO by definition is Massively Multiplayer Online. Where are all the big servers containing thousands of players? Where are all the raids and all that extra junk?
D3 is not an MMO, it's simply game that allows online CO-OP.

A proper definition of D3's genre would be ARPG, Action Role-Playing Game.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_III
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide