Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What goes around Reddit

Creator: VoiD November 27, 2011 10:33pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

120 posts - page 5 of 12
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 1:50am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

^When Jet was a complete ******* as Summoner, people didn't care about his guide content, just downvoted it. Prime example that you can have the best guide etc, but if you're a tool, no one will upvote.

Also, you're so different in real time ^^

I play the villain on the forums. I'm a total sweetheart on vent, trust me. (+ I treat all people as equals on moba, I pick on everyone equally [minus caucheka])

True, but one cannot doubt the viability of guides based on that alone. A lot of rich content can be gained if you were just to overlook that one aspect of a person and use em for the content rather then "Would i wanna be buddies with this ********?". I mean, if god forbid, Jun makes a good guide-.....

Ok I see your point.
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 1:58am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Ultimately, I believe that Diesel is guilty of nothing more than expressing his opinion, and that astrolia called him out on it and basically implied that his post was designed for bragging purposes. If astrolia wants to make a statement about useless C2V posts or the uselessness of game scores for the purposes of determining a build's validity, he/she has every right to do so. There's no reason to make this issue personal by isolating one individual and spreading it around the internet. Just because the information is public domain doesn't mean we should go around humiliating people.

You can't bring an example to an argument without isolating individual cases.

It's less humiliation of Diesel, and more poking at the rating system of Mobafire.

The Redditor is pointing out that Mobafire ratings should not be taken at face value, and that you should read the guide for yourself instead of just looking at the score.

Wouldn't you agree?
Tri lane for life.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 2:00am | Report
Wth, why would someone actually look up the builds of the enemy team when he sees someone place a comment like that? o_o
Was this only done because Diesel's a vet?

And wow.. I actually lol'd because of something Toshabi said. Didn't see that coming.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 2:02am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Wth, why would someone actually look up the builds of the enemy team when he sees someone place a comment like that? o_o
Was this only done because Diesel's a vet?

And wow.. I actually lol'd because of something Toshabi said. Didn't see that coming.

It was to make a point.

It was a random comment, THIS topic wouldn't be here if it wasn't a vet, but the reddit post would still be there if it wasn't.

No one on reddit even cares who it is.

The ENTIRE POINT OF THE POST, is to point out that Mobafire ratings, and comments should never be taken at face value.
Tri lane for life.
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 2:22am | Report
Temzilla wrote:

It was to make a point.

It was a random comment, THIS topic wouldn't be here if it wasn't a vet, but the reddit post would still be there if it wasn't.

No one on reddit even cares who it is.

The ENTIRE POINT OF THE POST, is to point out that Mobafire ratings, and comments should never be taken at face value.

um... Of course you have to read the guide yourself. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense at all o.O.
Yeah I know there are trollvoters who just upvote the highest Guides.

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 2:27am | Report
koksei wrote:

um... Of course you have to read the guide yourself. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense at all o.O.
Yeah I know there are trollvoters who just upvote the highest Guides.

Yeah lol, that's why i don't get why this reddit post is such a big deal.
Tri lane for life.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 2:29am | Report
^ Because I doubt it was posted just to 'make a point', especially when it's a point that obvious.

This looks more like trying to make Diesel (or Vets in general) look bad imo. Maybe that was not the intention of the post, but that's what it looks like.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 2:32am | Report
You blame him for voting up because of this comment and "stalk" his stats to see flaws.
And even IF they were feeders/trolls w.e. and didn't sell all their equipment for this trash if the guide is good in his opinion he can just vote it up can't he - dunno why he is blamed in front of everybody for such a trivial matter :/

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 2:34am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

^ Because I doubt it was posted just to 'make a point', especially when it's a point that obvious.

This looks more like trying to make Diesel (or Vets in general) look bad imo. Maybe that was not the intention of the post, but that's what it looks like.

He was trolling the vets on this site and the general "HEY LOOKS! 21/0 IN THIS NORMAL GAME MATCH THIS GUIDE IS GREAT! :V" comments people leave on guides. It's true that said comments can be found on guide by anyone, it was just hilarious in general that it was a /veteran/ on MOBAfire that made said comment and with such a score like that from such a game. I'm more then certain that that's where the punchline behind OP's whole post was coming from.
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 2:37am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Really?

Why use the specific words "I see a bunch of posts on Mobafire that look like this..." and "Oh, Mobafire" instead of, "Oh Mobafire Veterans", or "Oh Diesel"?

OR, the poster could even you know...

Call Diesel bad or something to that effect.

Does that happen, ever?

Nope.

All that is brought to the attention of the reddit /r/leagueoflegends community, is that a lot of posts on mobafire say "hey your build is good BECAUSE i got a good score!" but, in this example, when investigated, it isn't always as good as it sounds.
Tri lane for life.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide