Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What goes around Reddit

Creator: VoiD November 27, 2011 10:33pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

120 posts - page 3 of 12
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 12:07am | Report
Uh, lol what? I have no idea how any of you even came to that conclusion.

I never said anything about the guide even being bad, or other guides on Mobafire being bad (tho frankly I think Clarity/Surge on Lux is ******ed). Why would I think that all guides on this website are terribad noob builds? Why would I even submit my own guide to Mobafire in the first place if I thought that?

I was making fun of this guy for playing one game as a character and attributing his win to the guide/build used when the enemy team had feeders/trolls. I thought it was pretty funny when I saw it. If this was about the guide used or the build, that image would be "OMG LOL HIS ITEMS ARE SO BAD NOOB GUIDE". I don't even show what items he built in that image.
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 12:11am | Report
astrolia wrote:

Uh, lol what? I have no idea how any of you even came to that conclusion.

I never said anything about the guide even being bad, or other guides on Mobafire being bad (tho frankly I think Clarity/Surge on Lux is ******ed). Why would I think that all guides on this website are terribad noob builds? Why would I even submit my own guide to Mobafire in the first place if I thought that?

I was making fun of this guy for playing one game as a character and attributing his win to the guide/build used when the enemy team had feeders/trolls. I thought it was pretty funny when I saw it. If this was about the guide used or the build, that image would be "OMG LOL HIS ITEMS ARE SO BAD NOOB GUIDE". I don't even show what items he built in that image.

This reinforces what I say below.

jhoijhoi wrote:

I'd agree the pro guides are pretty bad, but not all the guides here are that awful. Surely you don't believe all the guides here are bad?

Which of the pro builds are bad?

jhoijhoi wrote:

Yeah. But I won't rec it now. I totally would have. But if someone is that rude and negative about MobaFire guides and the people who try those builds, there's no reason to encourage them to stay here.

I don't really see that as "rude" or "negative".

It's an observation of one of the basic problems of the ranking system mobafire employs.
Tri lane for life.
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 12:12am | Report
So you just happened to stumble upon every enemy on the other team?

and the point is flawed you didn't see the game, you only saw the end-game result. Did you even think maybe they had a full item set but sold them as the enemy pushed the nexus?

Sorry my mistake that quote should be "OMG MOBAFIRE IS FOR NOOBS"

Did you even think you might make Diesel feel bad for blatantly posting his username and results around the internet as a joke?

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 12:19am | Report
^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by owentheawesomer ♡
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 12:22am | Report
Adonikam wrote:

and the point is flawed you didn't see the game, you only saw the end-game result. Did you even think maybe they had a full item set but sold them as the enemy pushed the nexus?

Did you even think you might make Diesel feel bad for blatantly posting his username and results around the internet as a joke?

Doesn't matter if you saw the game or not, the enemy was feeding really hard, and a guide shouldn't be rated based on games where the enemy isn't trying, or has a large skill disparity.

You mean, posting public information to the internet as a joke? I don't see how that is relevant.
Tri lane for life.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 12:25am | Report
Tem: So you wouldn't be upset if I went and had a look at your recent games and pointed out the flaws of them? And posted them on Reddit?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 12:30am | Report
Adonikam wrote:

First, as I said on my image, I looked up the game on lolstatistics.com. This gives you a full list of the enemy team, items purchased, KDA, etc. Try it for yourself maybe?

Second, my image also shows gold gained and minions killed. 3k gold and 15 minions = nowhere near enough for a full build. This is also how I knew they were feeding/trolling.

Third, no, I didn't consider that. This information is all available publicly. If veterans are presumably supposed to be respected people, then he should feel bad about using statistics from a game with feeders/trolls to make himself look better. What Toshabi said about it being so funny because he's a veteran was pretty much my thought process.
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 12:38am | Report
So this stems down to what people say when they vote on a guide.

I'm pretty sure Diesel just wanted to upvote a good guide go look at it now and tell me if it's a bad guide and deserved a downvote. Who cares what somebody says in an upvote/dv comment.
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 12:43am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Tem: So you wouldn't be upset if I went and had a look at your recent games and pointed out the flaws of them? And posted them on Reddit?

Well, actually my summoner name is bugged, but if you did find some way to get to my match history and pointed out my shortcomings i wouldn't be mad.

Because it's public information.
Tri lane for life.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 12:46am | Report
^lolstatistics works fine for your name.

♡ sig unintentional collab with Jovy and me ♡
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide