Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What goes around Reddit

Creator: VoiD November 27, 2011 10:33pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

120 posts - page 4 of 12
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 12:49am | Report
Giving criticism and posting someone's stats on reddit are two very different things, Tem.

And astrolia, I don't think anyone came to this thread to defend Diesel's claim of a successful game. I think we're all a bit shocked that you would post something like this including his summoner name and call him out publicly and personally. If you're trying to make a statement, then at least have the decency to black out his name. Otherwise it just looks like you're trying to be cruel.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 12:50am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

^lolstatistics works fine for your name.

Temzilla?

Edit: Checked it... Literally wasn't working a few days ago :D

CAN FINALLY CHANGE MY SIGNATURE :O.
Tri lane for life.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 1:00am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Giving criticism and posting someone's stats on reddit are two very different things, Tem.

And astrolia, I don't think anyone came to this thread to defend Diesel's claim of a successful game. I think we're all a bit shocked that you would post something like this including his summoner name and call him out publicly and personally. If you're trying to make a statement, then at least have the decency to black out his name. Otherwise it just looks like you're trying to be cruel.

"Call him out"

So, when a politician voted the way he did because someone gave him a bunch of money, we shouldn't
call them out on it?

What diesel did, in it's simplest form, was say "This build made me get this score, and i was playing against normal opponents."

If that isn't true, why is it bad to point it out?

Why black out the name? So it's not taken seriously because people don't think it's real?
Tri lane for life.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 1:14am | Report
Mobafire has no restrictions on voting for a reason. Your vote is an expression of your personal opinion of the quality of the build and guide that you're reading. There is no penalty for voting based solely off of the cheatsheet, nor is there any repercussions for revenge-voters. Every member of the site is entitled to express their opinion in the form of a vote ONCE per guide (circumventing this is a punishable offense).

Let's look at Diesel's comment. He upvoted to show his approval of the guide. Like Adon said, for all we know, that guide was spectacular and deserving of a high score. There's no good reason to condemn the fact that he upvoted.

Diesel's comment included a recent score he achieved using that guidemaker's build. IS HE LYING? NO HE IS NOT! So why does it matter if he won against a bunch of noobs, feeders or trolls. Why does it matter if it was normal or ranked. Why does it matter whether it was PvP or coop vs AI? He used the build, he got the score, and that's exactly what he said happened. Nowhere in Diesel's comment does he claim to personally testify to the undeniable proof of the build's validity based solely on his experience from one game. In fact, I would go so far as to say that NO build's viability should EVER be based on only one or two games.

All Diesel did was show his support, tell the author that the build worked for him in the one game he played so far, and that he thinks the build and guide is worth recommending to others. None of this has any deceptive quality to it. I don't think Diesel intended to fool all of Mobafire into believing he defeated TSM with that build. What does it matter if the game was high or low calibur? It's a comment on a C2V guide! Probably the only reason Diesel even mentioned the game is because he had to comment anyway.

Ultimately, I believe that Diesel is guilty of nothing more than expressing his opinion, and that astrolia called him out on it and basically implied that his post was designed for bragging purposes. If astrolia wants to make a statement about useless C2V posts or the uselessness of game scores for the purposes of determining a build's validity, he/she has every right to do so. There's no reason to make this issue personal by isolating one individual and spreading it around the internet. Just because the information is public domain doesn't mean we should go around humiliating people.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 1:18am | Report
Dayum Psiguard +1
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 1:27am | Report
I can't wait till Diesel wakes up to this thread.

jhoijhoi wrote:

Yeah. But I won't rec it now. I totally would have. But if someone is that rude and negative about MobaFire guides and the people who try those builds, there's no reason to encourage them to stay here.

I came by this a little late because I was too busy enjoying the delicious content of this thread and accidentally missed this portion of my meal.

Are you saying you're going to not recommend a stellar guide (which you even admitted to being a strong sona guide) just because of someones personality? I hate to spoil this all Jhoijhoi, but 99.9% of all LoL players are ********s. If we did the whole "I'm going to downvote this guys guide because he called me a doo doo head in game and made fun of my friends build :(" then I'm more then certain that half the guides on MOBAfire would never get out of the red zone in terms of rating. What's even more ironic is just about everyone has something nasty to say about other peoples guides because of the composition of said guides, but they're too afraid to speak their mind because they're afraid of butthurt fans crying and calling for a mass downvote on their guides as we've just witness today. Deal with it and vote accordingly based on content, not over whether or not you like his charming personality. You veterans are so funny sometimes. Makes me wonder if the guides y'all recommend are even any good, seeing how you'd cast a vote for better or for worse based on if they patted your buns enough.

/Discord's advocate

Also,
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 1:38am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:
I don't think Diesel intended to fool all of Mobafire into believing he defeated TSM with that build.

lol'd.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 1:40am | Report
Tosh, I already upvoted the guide from a long time ago. It already has one rec, doesn't need another. It's at the top already too, so it's not necessary to rec it for it to get views. I'm saying that if I was going to rec it, I wouldn't rec it now.

♡ sig by arrizen ♡
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 1:43am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Tosh, I already upvoted the guide from a long time ago. It already has one rec, doesn't need another. It's at the top already too, so it's not necessary to rec it for it to get views. I'm saying that if I was going to rec it, I wouldn't rec it now.

Right, and I'm asking if that's just because the guy is an ******** or is it because of content? That's exactly the point of my entire argument made against you. Personality =/= Guide content
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 1:46am | Report
^When Jet was a complete ******* as Summoner, people didn't care about his guide content, just downvoted it. Prime example that you can have the best guide etc, but if you're a tool, no one will upvote.

Also, you're so different in real time ^^

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide