Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

What happens when I comment on Ashe Guides...

Creator: jhoijhoi October 4, 2011 10:17pm
TexasDeviant
<Member>
TexasDeviant's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2011 7:58am | Report
Um, I am sorry guy who seems to have a vexed attitude of extending a thread by a single page amongst the entire bandwidth of the site...

I haven't quite bothered to figure out the limitations of posts per page yet, but maybe if my comments didn't result in the need to make another page, you wouldn't be so angry? I admit, maybe I should have edited my previous post, but the two posts were distinct in their intent, and were not continuous in my time of making them, as in I had done something in between.

And there was nothing philosophical about it. I stated my opinion towards jhoi, starting with critique and then stating her efforts are valued nonetheless.

I then pointed out the irony in one guys opinion of this not needing to be said here, while his own signature says that one should.

And truthfully, I am not even talking about the guides >.> I was giving support to a community friend. Just because I am not on the same side of the fence as you, doesn't mean you shouldn't try to understand that before you fly off the handle...
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2011 8:13am | Report
Well slaanesh is my least favorite of the 4 chaos gods.

My favorite is Tzeentch: Change is inevitable. All you can do is to make sure it happens in your favor.

I just have all the 4 chaos gods in my signature ;).

I just think a private message should not be published on a public forum, espacially telling us who made the message
TexasDeviant
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2011 8:41am | Report
Lol, I see.

And jhoi didn't post the person's name, or did she at first? Not that it would be hard to look up of course, but certainly it takes a few more clicks from this post to see it.

And yeah, there is no true right party in this situation, the best thing to have happened would have been for the entire thing to have never have happened. Ah, but what can you do... >.>
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2011 9:15am | Report
"I won't downvote, but what makes your guide any better than mine or Trophy's? I think it is subpar in both aesthetics and gameplay reasoning, and it doesn't deserve to be above 80%."

Took me about 10 secounds to figure out who it was...

And i agree. Best thing is to stay neutral.
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2011 9:18am | Report
Tl;dr
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2011 9:37am | Report
I figured pm's were meant to be private. You didn't use the guy's name but...even then, it was still something not meant to be viewed by the rest of us. Your critique was your own business his response was his. And it isn't rocket surgery to trace who sent the pm either. Giving a critique and be to the point is all well in good. But expect backlash that's how it works.
TexasDeviant
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2011 11:00am | Report
Well right, but backlash doesn't have to be a free advocate to harassment through a pm. He obviously found jhoi's response distasteful, so he responded in form on the guide, and then proceeded to bash her in a pm.

That isn't quite fair in the context of things. That's kinda like using the anonymity of the internet to get away with venting your unrestrained rage upon someone, and it is quite uncalled for.

Of the few things left viable for jhoi to do at this point, she chose to publicize it, and why not. IF he wants to verbally harass her, no one is stopping him, but to say he shouldn't have to accept repercussion for his actions is a bit silly just because it is a pm.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2011 11:45am | Report

Wow. Well I can say a few things...

Jhoi, I think a little of your anger was overboard. Your comment was based on the unfairness of the system,

Agree, I think your comment to the user was unmerited, unless he specifically asked for your review. If he asked for your review, then I think he's a fking idiot. If he did not ask for a review, then I'd say you were out of line on this one Jhoi.

I figured pm's were meant to be private. You didn't use the guy's name but...even then, it was still something not meant to be viewed by the rest of us. Your critique was your own business his response was his. And it isn't rocket surgery to trace who sent the pm either. Giving a critique and be to the point is all well in good. But expect backlash that's how it works.

Agree again, this thread shouldn't exist. Might as well have posted what you said on the guy's original guide as a comment instead. Then also, he didn't expect his words to be seen publicly and that's an invasion of his privacy.

I can understand why he reacted harshly, even if he did take it too far. He probably did it on purpose though, seeing as he was receiving flak for apparently no reason.
iBradlee
<Member>
iBradlee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2011 11:55am | Report
Well, I'm assuming you posted this here, to get opinions. So, I'll give ya mine.

Personally, I think you could've been a lot less rude in your initial message. When I read it, it seems as though you were simply attacking him, rather than giving criticism. Flat out saying that he "doesn't deserve to be above 80%", and that his guide is "useless" seems like something that absolutely did not need to be said. It's obvious that he took your message personally, but really, he has every right to do so. That's his work (however small/large amount of time he put into it) it's still something he created, and all I've seen is you bashing him because you don't necessarily agree with what he did. Why even bother sending a message like that? Giving constructive criticism is one thing, but blatantly bashing someone's work just because you don't like it, is so unnecessary.

But that's just my two cents. I'm not taking his side, just as I'm not taking yours, because I have no reason to be involved in this. I'm also not condoning all the hate-filled things he said. Just gonna say that I believe the problem stems from the original message...
JakofAllSpaydes
<Editor>
JakofAllSpaydes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2011 4:02pm | Report
wow.

im speechless.
Thx to Jhoi, nyoike, xiao, Jeffy40Hands, AlexPT, Wafflewarrior, Wrath and myself for the sigs <33333

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide