Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

What happens when I comment on Ashe Guides...

Creator: jhoijhoi October 4, 2011 10:17pm
TexasDeviant
<Member>
TexasDeviant's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2011 4:07pm | Report
Once on the path of war...

It is probably a bridge that you won't be able to recover. Just ignore the setback and continue on. If the opportunity presents itself, maybe you can assist in correcting the damage, but typically people of that mindset are hard to persuade back anyways.

Don't worry about it too much. A few setbacks amongst a sea of good is nothing to fret over. Can't make everyone happy.

edit: Someone should also tell him that the whole multiple account thing is a bust. Unless you go through a lengthy process to fool the system, votes from separate accounts are linked together. Lol. It is a bunch of people communicating the same idea that they find lacking in the system. Some people can't handle critique of even the rational kind.
Symphunny
<Member>
Symphunny's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2011 4:23pm | Report
obviously this guy doesn't know how to respect other people.

instead of *****ing about the criticism, that person should have sucked it up and rewritten his guide for the better.

Special thanks to Brynollf, -FanArt-, Xiaowiriamu (x3), Spooon, reppinFTC and jhoijhoi for making the awesome sigs :P
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2011 4:24pm | Report
Never hang out people in public...

Take this with others on some other chat or something, i don't care, just don't post it in the forums like this... It is just something you don't do.

Some people might have downvoted his guide just because of this topic.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2011 4:26pm | Report
Tell him to stop messaging you. Delete all his PMs. Don't send him anything else. Report him if he persists in harassing you.

Not sure if Moba has an ignore feature, but that would be useful too.

And be done with it.

To everyone else: Jhoi didn't post who the user who sent the PM. I did. If you want, you can get mad at me. I personally don't see any rule prohibiting publicizing a PM, and if there is one I apologize for revealing the author. I don't see how you guys can be pointing the finger at Jhoi considering the absolutely disgusting things coming from this guy. Even if she had a really demeaning post and downvoted (which she DIDN'T), it still doesn't justify his insulting PM harassment.
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2011 4:34pm | Report
Ofc his PM harassment is not justified, but neither posting a "Private message" out on a public forum...

I really don't care what he said. If threw out lifethreats or whatever. Then just PM Matt or Flash about it and then block the user...

And to be honest, some of her criticisms was a bit harsh...

And general rules and guidelines was made before PM's was in the site.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2011 4:43pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Removed due to controversy. Shouldn't have posted this in the forums, even though I didn't reveal any names, it's not hard to dig. At the time of receiving the PM, I felt physically sick, and just needed... I don't know, someone to tell me it was okay to post criticism like that. In all honesty it was the second time EVER I had ever posted something like that, the first time was towards a Lane Amumu guide.

I think it's a problem that the only two times I have ever posted a negative response to something, I get backlash in a serious way. Does this happen to anyone else, or is it just me?

I get negative responses EVERY time I post ANYTHING in these forums lul.

You're just nice enough that people don't lay it on you.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2011 4:53pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

To everyone else: Jhoi didn't post who the user who sent the PM. I did. If you want, you can get mad at me. I personally don't see any rule prohibiting publicizing a PM, and if there is one I apologize for revealing the author. I don't see how you guys can be pointing the finger at Jhoi considering the absolutely disgusting things coming from this guy. Even if she had a really demeaning post and downvoted (which she DIDN'T), it still doesn't justify his insulting PM harassment.

If there are no names mentioned I can't see this as wrong, but otherwise it would be best to have the consent of the guy posting the comments.

The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2011 4:58pm | Report
Anyone who looked could find out who it was.

And downvoting the guide because of this thread is just plain unreasonable. Would those of you who downvoted it recently have done so if this hadn't been posted?

I get that he was a jerk....but it's not like we haven't all been stupid jerks to people before.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2011 5:15pm | Report
I've never flat out insulted anyone like that. I don't think there are a lot of people who have either..
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2011 5:17pm | Report
I wasn't talking just to you. (I know you haven't ever been like that)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide